Who is responsible

Anonymous 1

Unread post

RIZZY wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am This happens at grocery stores all the time. Most grocery stores have a procedure where they place left items in a specific area and fill out a paper saying what approximate day/time it was purchased. You just show your receipt and sign that you have picked it up. IDK why the customer service guy was so rude, it's really not that big of a deal. I've worked in grocery stores before.

I always try to keep an eye on my groceries so that everything gets packed correctly because it is a PITA to go back to the store and pick it up. But it literally being their job means it is literally their responsibility. They are being paid to make sure customers get taken care of and customers pay to make sure they get taken care of.
I really didn't think it was more than an inconvenience until I talked to him. Maybe he was having a bad day but wow it was just uncalled for.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:57 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:00 am
highlandmum wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:25 am It is both persons responsibility to make sure everything is packed. However that being said the response of the customer service rep was unacceptable. But i need to ask how you approached/talked to him when you came in to ask about the bin that was left.
I walked up and quietly waited in line then showed him the item on my receipt and told him when I got home I realized I didn't have the item so I was hoping they still had it for me. I wasn't rude and didn't accuse anyone that would be pointless and take more time. I just wanted to grab my item and leave.
Just had to ask as I am sure you have been witness to a person losing their mind on some customer service rep.
Absolutely but in the grand scheme of who was responsible it was in no way him. It was an inconvenience but I was able to get what I paid for so it wasn't a huge deal to me until he talked to me like that.
The only time I've gotten into it with a cashier or any store employee was when the cashier refused to ring something up at the clearance price that was on all 5 boxes I was buying. First she rang it up full price and I pointed it out kindly. So then she added them at clearance price without voiding the full price and insisted it was right because the computer said so. I was standing there going $4×5 is $20 not $75 when the manager noticed and came over and fixed it. But even then I didn't yell or cuss at her I just firmly pointed out the truth.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic