Blocking traffic for a political protest…

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:34 am
mommy_jules wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:28 am
Slimshandy wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:21 am

Ok, well thank you for the unrequested mansplained history lesson on nothing to do with what I was talking about to Mom2twoboys…

Look, I really have no need for these little lessons on the early 2000’s that shaped our ignorant spiritual lives…

I get that you believe yourself to be an expert on evangelical Christians… but it’s only impressive to people that *aren’t* evangelical Christians… Like Della. I bet she’s super impressed. Maybe you can continue your Ted talk in PMs with her…
You’re welcome. Though, I don’t think it can be called mansplaining when I’m not a man, nor unrequested because you quoted me which invited me to explain further, especially when I’ve been accused of gaslighting.

I may not be an expert in the academic sense, but I am an evangelical Christian who is a member of an evangelical church. I’m not pulling this stuff out of my ass, and I provide sources to back it up. There’s no need to DM Della. I can discuss things with her out here in the public forum or anyone else who cares to discuss or read it. You can ignore me if you want. It won’t hurt my feelings.
Oh good, so when Della says Christians are ignorant, you disagree, or agree?
Ignorant about what?
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

mommy_jules wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:41 am

You’re welcome. Though, I don’t think it can be called mansplaining when I’m not a man, nor unrequested because you quoted me which invited me to explain further, especially when I’ve been accused of gaslighting.

I may not be an expert in the academic sense, but I am an evangelical Christian who is a member of an evangelical church. I’m not pulling this stuff out of my ass, and I provide sources to back it up. There’s no need to DM Della. I can discuss things with her out here in the public forum or anyone else who cares to discuss or read it. You can ignore me if you want. It won’t hurt my feelings.
Ignorant about what?
Their own personal beliefs.
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:48 am
Ignorant about what?
Their own personal beliefs.
If the claim was that Christians are ignorant about their own personal beliefs, then no I do not agree with that. Personal beliefs are personal for a reason.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

That depends on how do you protest for a ceasefire. Are you demanding a unilateral ceasefire? Because you do know there was a ceasefire on October 7th, right? And after Israel agreed to one, Hamas broke it without fulfilling their obligations and ever since, they have rejected every ceasefire deal. Are you putting all the responsibility in ending this war on Israel? Are you demanding the release of the hostages or just expecting Israel to back off while Hamas- who proudly said they’ll do October 7th over and over again until Israel is destroyed- remains in power? You do know this war would be over today if Hamas releases all hostages, dead and alive, and surrenders. So why aren’t you demanding THAT instead of expecting Israel to stop eliminating a very real threat to her existence?

The same goes for condemning Israel. Are you condemning them for REAL atrocities or just buying whatever Hamas says? Because they’ve been caught in a number of lies that were meant to demonize Israel: the lie about the hospital being bombed early in the war, for example. Or the countless Pallywood videos proven to be false. Or recently, the death toll and demographics of the casualties, which Hamas already admitted to be false and that have been mathematically proven to be a fabrication? Do you acknowledge the means to which Israel has gone to in order to protect civilian lives or do you parrot the “carpet bombing”, “genocide” and “innocent women and children” lies? Do you put blame on Hamas for using hospitals, schools, mosques and private homes as terrorist bases and the use of women, children and the elderly as human shields in order to increase the casualties? Do you acknowledge that Israel has allowed humanitarian aid to go into Gaza and that Hamas has stolen that aid? If after accepting all these you have some specific criticism on how Israel has handled this war, and you have a suggestion on how to do it better, then by all means, criticize. But be sure you’re criticizing ACTUAL incidents, not using the false conspiracy theories that Israel planned the whole thing and wants Gaza back of any of the nonsense going around meant to portray Israel as a violent country with imperialistic aspirations when it has happily been the size of New Jersey for decades.
WellPreserved wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:53 am
Slimshandy wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:22 am
WellPreserved wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:17 am

I'm willing to bet that it is Adventists as while only numbering about 1 million, they are most prevalent in the south. I can also understand assuming because they practice the sabbath on Saturday, they automatically align with Israel.

Adventists see the formation of Israel as political, not religious or ordained. They believe in post millennialism and do not believe in dispensationalism (see mommy_jules posts for an explainer). Adventists generally protest for peace and they have done so most recently with regards to the war in Gaza both here and in Israel as there are Adventist churches there.

As I mentioned earlier, it is incorrect to label all Christians as having a shared belief in anything other than Jesus Christ as the savior.
Ok… so regardless of these lessons…

What I said is still true.

Most Christians around here are extremely supportive of Israel.
Oh I don't doubt that, lol. Question I have is can one support Israel but protest for peace or a ceasefire, or condemn some of Israel's current policies? Obviously, I think "yes" but equally obvious is that some think "no". Regardless, it's been an interesting discussion among evangelicals in my community. At what point does support become not religiously based but politically based?
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
RIZZY
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I support the right to protest. I hesitate to support protests which block traffic, leave trash behind, etc.

However, I also recognize that our democracy, our republic, is broken. Peaceful protest simply doesn't work in a veiled oligarchy. Sitting on the side of the road with a sign worked in the old days. It doesn't work anymore, especially when you are protesting something government sanctioned.

I don't know what I want to happen, or how it should best be handled, but I believe more and more every day that the status quo will not change without radical revolution. And that's pretty scary.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Ignorant about what?
I believe there's ignorance in not understanding how one's religion came to be.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Della wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:25 pm
Ignorant about what?
First you didn’t even realize I was talking about the Old Testament…

Then you attempted to say Christians who hold the Old Testament as sacred are ignorant about their own religion…

Maybe you’re just full of yourself?
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:37 pm

Ignorant about what?

Then you attempted to say Christians who hold the Old Testament as sacred are ignorant about their own religion…

WTF are you blabbering on about?
306/232

Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Della wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:55 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:42 pm
Della wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:35 pm

🤣🤣🤣

You can thank Cyrus Schofield and John Nelson Darby for that interpretation. It never existed in Christianity until the mid to late 1800's.
Zechariah 14 has been around since at least 515 BC

Zechariah 14
A day of the LORD is coming when your plunder will be divided among you.
I will gather all the nations to Jerusalem to fight against it; the city will be captured, the houses ransacked, and the women raped. Half of the city will go into exile, but the rest of the people will not be taken from the city.
Then the LORD will go out and fight against those nations, as he fights in the day of battle.
On that day his feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, east of Jerusalem, and the Mount of Olives will be split in two from east to west, forming a great valley, with half of the mountain moving north and half moving south.
You will flee by my mountain valley, for it will extend to Azel. You will flee as you fled from the earthquake [1] in the days of Uzziah king of Judah. Then the LORD my God will come, and all the holy ones with him.
On that day there will be no light, no cold or frost.
It will be a unique day, without daytime or nighttime--a day known to the LORD. When evening comes, there will be light.
On that day living water will flow out from Jerusalem, half to the eastern sea [2] and half to the western sea, [3] in summer and in winter.
The LORD will be king over the whole earth. On that day there will be one LORD, and his name the only name.
The whole land, from Geba to Rimmon, south of Jerusalem, will become like the Arabah. But Jerusalem will be raised up and remain in its place, from the Benjamin Gate to the site of the First Gate, to the Corner Gate, and from the Tower of Hananel to the royal winepresses.
It will be inhabited; never again will it be destroyed. Jerusalem will be secure.
This is the plague with which the LORD will strike all the nations that fought against Jerusalem: Their flesh will rot while they are still standing on their feet, their eyes will rot in their sockets, and their tongues will rot in their mouths.
On that day men will be stricken by the LORD with great panic. Each man will seize the hand of another, and they will attack each other.
Judah too will fight at Jerusalem. The wealth of all the surrounding nations will be collected--great quantities of gold and silver and clothing.
A similar plague will strike the horses and mules, the camels and donkeys, and all the animals in those camps.
Then the survivors from all the nations that have attacked Jerusalem will go up year after year to worship the King, the LORD Almighty, and to celebrate the Feast of Tabernacles.
That's the Old Testament. It's Rabbis from antiquity writing in a futuristic sense. No where in the OT is the land "returned" to the Jews. And they don't believe in the Messiah or the New Testament.
Can you explain the future tense?
306/232

Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Della wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:39 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:37 pm

WTF are you blabbering on about?
Lol you’re lost now?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic