Would you do a welfare check?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Basically no one in our family has seen my brother, G, for one month.

His roommate swears he saw G at my sister K's house yesterday. But K swears up and down G is not there.

K, G and the roommate are all heroin and crack addicts, who knows what else.

I just feel like I, personally, want to see G and know he's alright, so I want to send the police to K's house because supposedly G has been there for the last month. But from what I understand there's so much drug abuse that the house isn't safe to walk into so I don't want to go there myself, I want to send the police to do a welfare check on G.

But then I also feel like the police are just going to knock on the door and if no one answers they really can't do anything to see for sure if he's alright or not.

Update: He was found alive but is apparently mad we filed a report. So whatever. Next time I'll leave him to lay dead in the gutter.
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don't know what the police are like in your area, but if it were me I'd call the police, tell them what you've said here and ask them for their advice.

Here, the police will let you meet them there if you think the person won't answer the door for them but you don't feel safe going by yourself. We also have officers with training for these kind of situations.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Do you think that they may have guns in the home? Police wouldn’t let me meet them at my husband’s for a well check because I wasn’t sure if he did or didn’t have guns.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

If it’s a welfare check they can go inside of no one answers.
I know that because when my father died we called to do a welfare check, no one answered, so they went inside and found that he was deceased.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:15 pm If it’s a welfare check they can go inside of no one answers.
I know that because when my father died we called to do a welfare check, no one answered, so they went inside and found that he was deceased.
Did your father own or rent the house where he was staying? That makes a difference.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I definitely would. No harm in it, there’s enough reasons to think something may have happened.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
AZOldGal66
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Without a doubt, I would.

Fingers crossed all is well with him!!! 💞
just an old coot 😉🌵
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I would.

If nothing comes of it, at least you tried.
Heyteacher
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

100% yes. I would explain the situation, including the drug use and the fact there may be guns in the house. Unfortunately you will never know otherwise.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic