The Claremont Institute

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Aletheia
Regent
Regent

Unread post

The Claremont Institute is a pretty extreme conservative think tank. For example, they're the people behind online websites such as: https://americanmind.org/from-the-editors/

What I wasn't aware of, was its role in encouraging its members to take 'action', such as:
  • Action Idaho launched sometime between December 2021 and early 2022. One of its anti-LGBTQ+ posts focused on June 2022 Pride celebrations. Following the arrest of 31 members of the white supremacist group Patriot Front en route to disrupt a Pride event in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, Action Idaho published a post with the headline “LGBTQ+ Pride Fest is a Groomer Fest.”

The site was also one of several conservative outlets that attacked Idaho’s 2023 Teacher of the Year, Karen Lauritzen, for her social media posts supporting LGBTQ+ people. “Would Lauritzen be happy to cultivate transgender ideologies among your children? Probably,” Action Idaho’s 2023 post read. Lauritzen faced intense harassment as a result, forcing her to leave Idaho altogether.
FURTHER INFO: the full story
Aletheia
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Another aspect of this story that caught my eye is the symbiosis between two groups:

One, the 'brown shirts' (such as the Proud Boys and Patriot Front) who love having an excuse to march up and down in protest about something, waving their long hard guns and getting to feel big and meaningful by intimidating anyone they consider to be the 'wrong sort of person'.

Two, the 'online goblins' - the small minded radio jocks and website 'authors' who hide behind the ideal of "free speech" to spread lies, hate and conspiracies while also saying "Hey, it isn't my fault if anyone took me seriously and actually physically hurt someone, I was just expressing my own opinion".

The goblins provide the brown shirts with excuses.

The brown shirts provide an edge of threat to anyone targeted by the goblins.
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Yeah…
The president of the rightwing Claremont Institute and another senior Claremont official are both closely involved with the shadowy Society for American Civic Renewal (SACR), an exclusive, men-only fraternal order which aims to replace the US government with an authoritarian “aligned regime”, and which experts say is rooted in extreme Christian nationalism and religious autocracy.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... ewal-links

https://www.straightwhiteamericanjesus. ... omination/

^^^That’s an episode of SWAJ podcast (Straight White American Jesus) that discusses the content of the previous article.
Aletheia
Regent
Regent

Unread post

mommy_jules wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:03 am
^^^That’s an episode of SWAJ podcast (Straight White American Jesus) that discusses the content of the previous article.
I hate the chatty 'blurb' at the start of some podcasts.

But here's a link to a essay on them:
https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/insi ... al-divorce
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

In the interview with Posobiac that I posted in the “Unhumans” thread, he talks about “the great men of means” movement and the necessity for this group to lead in defeating the “Marxist left”. It just feels as if all these groups are not only connected but organized.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

mommy_jules wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:03 am Yeah…
The president of the rightwing Claremont Institute and another senior Claremont official are both closely involved with the shadowy Society for American Civic Renewal (SACR), an exclusive, men-only fraternal order which aims to replace the US government with an authoritarian “aligned regime”, and which experts say is rooted in extreme Christian nationalism and religious autocracy.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... ewal-links

https://www.straightwhiteamericanjesus. ... omination/

"Scott Yenor is a professor of political science at Idaho’s Boise State University and simultaneously the senior director of state coalitions at the Claremont Institute.

His Claremont appointment came in February 2023. Media reports at that time indicated that Yenor would be working closely with the Florida governor Ron DeSantis and DeSantis-aligned legislators; when the job was announced the governor’s wife, Casey Desantis, tweeted: “Thrilled to welcome Scott Yenor from the Claremont Institute to his new home in Tallahassee.”

From the Guardian link

How interesting...
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:20 am In the interview with Posobiac that I posted in the “Unhumans” thread, he talks about “the great men of means” movement and the necessity for this group to lead in defeating the “Marxist left”. It just feels as if all these groups are not only connected but organized.
I'm pretty sure these are the Right Wing Extremist groups the government has been warning about. I can't wait for the election.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

This is the same kind of tactics that killed that Alabama pastor a couple of threads down. These people are a menace.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic