So… Trump is at the funeral of slain NYPD officer. Biden is at a fundraiser with Lizzo…

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I don’t think Trump is a better choice, I think he’s a horrible, disgusting choice… and for good reason, he’s horribly disgusting. I’ve never voted for him and never will, I’m voting RFK.

HOWEVER.

If that shoe fits other people as well, I’m not going to go blind to it…

We’re not holding everyone to the same standards, we should be.
SallyMae wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:26 pm First of all, I don't agree that "we" all "knew it" and just.didn't.care. I don't follow celebrities and I never heard about this business with Lizzo before. I think that public opinion about her will definitely change once it becomes common knowledge.

Secondly, I don't think this somehow makes Biden like Billy Bush. Biden didn't clap along to sexual harassment - Billy did. And none of this makes Trump the better choice.
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:19 pm I don’t think Trump is a better choice, I think he’s a horrible, disgusting choice… and for good reason, he’s horribly disgusting. I’ve never voted for him and never will, I’m voting RFK.

HOWEVER.

I disagree that there is a double standard. Lizzo has announced she's leaving showbiz. Maybe yes, maybe no, but her career and reputation are critically damaged. Hooray, right? She probably deserves it.

HOWEVER. Making this a Biden bad, Trump good! piece is a stretch.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

This entire episode just feels like a photo op for a candidate. I cannot recall any other time DT went to any fallen officer's funeral, not during his term in office or after.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

SallyMae wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:20 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:19 pm I don’t think Trump is a better choice, I think he’s a horrible, disgusting choice… and for good reason, he’s horribly disgusting. I’ve never voted for him and never will, I’m voting RFK.

HOWEVER.

I disagree that there is a double standard. Lizzo has announced she's leaving showbiz. Maybe yes, maybe no, but her career and reputation are critically damaged. Hooray, right? She probably deserves it.

HOWEVER. Making this a Biden bad, Trump good! piece is a stretch.
Maybe that’s a misunderstanding because I spoke wrong-

I don’t mean Biden bad, Trump good. The two men themselves probably have little to do with where they even are at any given day, I don’t think either of them even care.

I’m saying whoever sets their schedules are playing chess with each other, and Trump’s publicist made a better move on this day.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

This is so absurd. Trump literally two weeks prior vowed to pardon the J-6ers and called Michael Byrd a "thug". No one, and I mean no one, believes that Trump is supportive of police (or our military) but it helps supporters sleep at night, I guess.

Trump didn't gain supporters via his publicity stunt at Diller's wake and Biden didn't gain supporters from his fundraiser with Clinton and Obama because let's face it, someone isn't a Trump supporter and suddenly says that "oh, Obama and Clinton support Biden, maybe I should rethink". And comparing performers, do we really want to go down the rabbit hole of who is worse, Lizzo or Nugent? The one gain for Biden and the DNC was $25,000,000 which is huge and was the purpose for the event. DNC is fortunate that they are so flush since they don't have to pay for a plethora of legal expenses for Biden. RNC is struggling but that's what happens when your candidate is mired in legal battles. Perhaps they should have picked a better, less costly candidate? All this reporting in conservative media about the two simultaneously held events is stupid and I don't think it's swaying voters one way or another. The handful of voters that it may sway were already committed but just wanted a "moral" excuse.

As far as Lizzo, don't know and don't really care. If she sexually harassed employees, may she be found guilty. If not, may she be found innocent. I still think it was pretty amazing when she played the crystal flute.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Lexy wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:26 pm
Quorra2.0 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:12 am
Lexy wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:40 am

It was all over the news here in NY.
I had originally looked at NY news outlets and most didn’t even question let alone answer the question of who actually invited him. It was just odd to me. Diller was murdered on Monday, his wake on Thursday. 4 days, the family would still be in that early stage of shock and grief. I can’t image the family being in the frame of mind to even think about inviting Trump unless he was a member of the family or part of their inner group. The sources that did question this all reported Blakeman is the only confirmed, that family didn’t know, that the Union and bereavement organization didn’t know, but Blakeman’s office confirmed it was him who extended the invite🤷🏼‍♀️. If you have other sources I’d be open to reading them.

Personally, I don’t think any candidate should be at an event like this on an election year. It’s cringy and gross to me. Regardless of that person’s intent and whether it’s genuine or not, it comes across too much as using that very fresh pain and grief for a sound bite and photo op. I’d feel this way about ANY candidate. There are so many other ways one could send their condolences and offer support because it should be 100% about that fallen officer, his family, his friends, who have just lost him while he was doing his job.
He called the family not sure what day. I am guessing they invited him then. The police also invited him
Ok, as I said thats not what articles I have read said. Maybe they did invite him during the call and didn’t remember. Maybe it was an invite extended during a conversation out of politeness and so automatic, not necessarily genuine, for the persons that they have denied it due to not remembering. Maybe they lied because of the criticism. 🤷🏼‍♀️ who knows. Trumps own words and the words of his representatives doesn’t even imply they had invited him. Either way it doesn’t change my opinion that a candidate should not attend these types of events using them as photo ops. It’s disrespectful especially using it as an opportunity for campaigning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic