Unspeakable

Anonymous 2

Unread post

Quorra2.0 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:05 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:43 pm
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:19 pm

That quote almost makes me more mad than the incident itself. I'll admit I don't know the full story. I'll admit I don't fully understand things about mental health issues.
But to say "Nobody knew how much I was suffering"
Well then F***ing tell someone! If you (general) are struggling and suffering, don't keep it to yourself. TELL SOMEONE! I feel like I will never understand why it's so incredibly hard for people to say "I need help."
That's because you have never been there. When every little bit of life is overwhelming the very thought of telling anyone is just another thing. I didn't want to burden anyone with my problems and I felt like it was just opening a can of worms where I'd be forced to go from doing what I had to just to survive to someone demanding more of me because they wanted to help. It's hard to explain but it's very overwhelming and it's hard to admit how bad things have gotten especially since by that point you've often lost most of the people you would have previously turned to.
And yet you didn’t leave your 16 month old in a playpen, at home alone, while you left on vacation. This woman had been hospitalized a few months prior, she had a support system, she lied to her parents about the baby’s whereabouts, she lied to the baby’s dad, and she lied to the people she was on vacation with.
Absolutely not by the time I had kids I got away from the person who was making me feel that way and I was in a much better place mentally. I'm just addressing you not understanding why it's hard for people to ask for help. I suffered in silence until I was at the point of wanting to do anything so I didn't have to wake up and face another day before I finally broke down and talked to my mom. She has always been so supportive and things immediately changed after I told her but I felt like such a burden just talking to her.
What this lady did was absolutely wrong and inexcusable but it's not easy to ask for help.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic