‘Where Is Wendy Williams?’ Ends With More Unnerving Questions Left Unanswered

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

But as her legacy nurtures itself, Williams has been in the thick of a medical, legal, and personal crisis. The four-part Lifetime docuseries Where Is Wendy Williams? attempts to explain what’s been going on. Instead, it leaves even more unnerving questions unanswered.
https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/cu ... 234973715/

Such a sad story. Has anyone watched it? Thoughts?
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

She stepped back due to ongoing health issues. END story. It is no different than Bruce Willis retiring from acting due to his ongoing health issues. Or Michael J Fox retiring due to health issues. No I will not watch the docuseries as I do not condone nor will I support the exploitation of people against their will. It's the same reason I don't watch Toddlers and Tiaras or Dance Moms because the kids don't have a voice in being exploited by their parents.

The story begins and ends at Wendy Williams retired due to health issues. PERIOD. That's it.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

It’s really sad…

I didn’t like her show because she was always so mean to people, but this is just so so sad…
AZOldGal66
Countess
Countess

Unread post

I don't agree with doing a documentary like this on the trials and tribulations a person, particularly a well-known person, is going through so I won't be watching.

My heart hurts for her and her family.
just an old coot 😉🌵
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

AZOldGal66 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:29 pm I don't agree with doing a documentary like this on the trials and tribulations a person, particularly a well-known person, is going through so I won't be watching.

NY appointed guardian has prevented the family from knowing where she is. It is such a weird thing that her father, son. brother and sister cannot know how she is doing or where she is.
AZOldGal66
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Lexy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:45 pm
AZOldGal66 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:29 pm I don't agree with doing a documentary like this on the trials and tribulations a person, particularly a well-known person, is going through so I won't be watching.

NY appointed guardian has prevented the family from knowing where she is. It is such a weird thing that her father, son. brother and sister cannot know how she is doing or where she is.
I've heard of this happening before and I'm not sure how it can be legal? Signing over and all rights to this guardian?
just an old coot 😉🌵
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

I am praying for her.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

I can't watch it and see her like that either.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I didn’t care for her show. Granted I had only seen snippets here and there, but what I saw, came across as an insecure woman criticizing others then attempting a female empowerment that she didn’t even really feel.

That said: I don’t really care for documentaries such as how this one sounds. I did really like the Michael J Fox one he did and IF a notable person wants to do a documentary on their struggles to help others and bring awareness, then that’s commendable to expose their ups and downs. HOWEVER, this one, the Wendy Williams one, idk something just is off with it. The production team including her niece claim nothing was included that wasn’t approved by her management and Wendy herself. But if she is under such a tight conservatorship, in addition to her various diagnoses, can she really approve any of it? I also think that her family doesn’t know her location and can not contact her directly but through the guardian, that this includes even her own son…that just seems odd and concerning. I really think there needs to be impartial advocates for those under conservatorships.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic