At least half of Gaza's buildings damaged or destroyed, new analysis shows

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

"...the peace process has repeatedly stalled because of Palestinian attacks, Israel’s expansion of settlements in occupied territory, and the inability of the two sides to agree on thorny issues like final borders, the status of Jerusalem and the fate of Palestinian refugees."

"Israel captured the West Bank, east Jerusalem and the Gaza Strip in the 1967 Mideast war. The Palestinians seek all three areas for an independent state. Israel considers the West Bank to be a disputed territory and says its future should be decided in negotiations.

Israel has also built settlements across the West Bank, many of which resemble fully developed suburbs and small towns. The settlements are home to more than 500,000 Jewish settlers, while around 3 million Palestinians live in the territory. The international community overwhelmingly considers the settlements to be illegal.

Israel has also annexed east Jerusalem, home to the city’s most sensitive holy sites, and considers the entire city to be its capital. The annexation is not internationally recognized."

https://thehill.com/homenews/ap/ap-inte ... s-us-says/
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Della wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:08 am
Slimshandy wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:43 am
Della wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:14 am

75 years of occupation is F***ing enough.
So admit what the consequences of that statement are…

And not in an emotional way, in a logistical and tactical war effort kind of way.

If the Palestinians think 75 years is enough, and they both start a hot war and keep that war going, they have to someday realize that they do not have the military capability or population numbers to win that war. The longer this goes, the less likely there will be a Palestine in existence in a decade from now.

They need to release all hostages this minute if they want their country to continue.

https://www.axios.com/2024/01/22/israel ... e-hostages
This isn't a war. It's a slaughter.
This a war that Israel is winning.

The way to stop the slaughter is to give back the hostages.

They should choose that option.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:31 am

And not in an emotional way, in a logistical and tactical war effort kind of way.

If the Palestinians think 75 years is enough, and they both start a hot war and keep that war going, they have to someday realize that they do not have the military capability or population numbers to win that war. The longer this goes, the less likely there will be a Palestine in existence in a decade from now.

They need to release all hostages this minute if they want their country to continue.

Is it?

Is it winning on the world stage? I think the world is finally opening its eyes. The victim mentality can only last so long.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Della wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:35 am

Is it?

Is it winning on the world stage? I think the world is finally opening its eyes. The victim mentality can only last so long.
I think this is a big problem with Palestinian motives in this war effort. They’re willing to sacrifice too much.

What does it matter what winning on the world stage looks like? If the goal is to keep as many people living as possible, they need to release the hostages. Only terrorists keep hostages. Their government is not looking good, even if there are hurt children who need assistance.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

As repeatedly stated by Israel, this is a war against Hamas not Palestinians. I think if you look at the death count and destruction it appears that Israel is winning but are they? They now have engaged in battle on multiple fronts and certainly they are not winning over public perception worldwide. I think this may be a case of winning the battle but losing the war.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:41 am

As repeatedly stated by Israel, this is a war against Hamas not Palestinians. I think if you look at the death count and destruction it appears that Israel is winning but are they? They now have engaged in battle on multiple fronts and certainly they are not winning over public perception worldwide. I think this may be a case of winning the battle but losing the war.
That’s what they say to make it look like they’re fighting a terrorist group instead of a country.
They’re fighting Palestinians, with the support of Palestinians and Palestinians are the ones who are suffering and getting bombed.

Israel is winning because it is bigger, stronger, and has more support from larger countries that actually give a shit about Israel because it’s a strategic ally. Palestine can claim support from a military aid angle, but their supporters don’t actually care on a long term level. This is just another pawn on their chess board.

The need to care about public opinion is a fleeting moment… as soon as people who only see this through media are presented with something on tv that placates them, no one cares anymore.

You guys are looking at this war as though emotions matter, they don’t. It’s past that point. Generals and war mongers have the reins now. Tactical logic is all that’s left…
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:51 am
WellPreserved wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:41 am

That’s what they say to make it look like they’re fighting a terrorist group instead of a country.
They’re fighting Palestinians, with the support of Palestinians and Palestinians are the ones who are suffering and getting bombed.

Israel is winning because it is bigger, stronger, and has more support from larger countries that actually give a shit about Israel because it’s a strategic ally. Palestine can claim support from a military aid angle, but their supporters don’t actually care on a long term level. This is just another pawn on their chess board.

The need to care about public opinion is a fleeting moment… as soon as people who only see this through media are presented with something on tv that placates them, no one cares anymore.

You guys are looking at this war as though emotions matter, they don’t. It’s past that point. Generals and war mongers have the reins now. Tactical logic is all that’s left…
I don't think anyone had doubt that militarily, Israel is bigger and stronger. I mean, have you looked at a map, lol. My point is if the goal of the war is to make Israel more secure, will destroying Gaza and killing Palestinians do that? It just doesn't seem logical to eliminate a threat at one border and create a threat at your other three and define this as "winning".
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Read what John Spencer has to say on that. He’s an expert in urban warfare.

“Memo to the 'Experts': Stop Comparing Israel's War in Gaza to Anything. It Has No Precedent”
https://www.newsweek.com/memo-experts- ... on-1868891

“Israel Implemented More Measures to Prevent Civilian Casualties Than Any Other Nation in History”
https://www.newsweek.com/israel-implem ... on-1865613

“I’m an expert in urban warfare. Israel is upholding the laws of war”
https://edition.cnn.com/2023/11/07/opi ... index.html

The aftermath is indeed tragic. But it’s the result of Hamas using civilian buildings and people to hide. And you said it: Israel isn’t being destroyed because of the Iron Dome. And by law, every building in Israel must have a bomb shelter. Israel has invested in protecting her citizens. Why hasn’t Hamas done that for the people of Gaza if Israel is so “hostile”? So either a) Israel isn’t a threat to Gaza, b) Hamas doesn’t give a crap about their people, or c) both.
AZOldGal66 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:21 am I do NOT agree with the military manuevers that the IDF has undertaken and the horrific aftermath of it.

IMO, were it not for the Iron Dome, Israel would be seeing a lot of the same type of destruction from Hamas.

The bottom line for me is this: Bring Them Home!!

Interesting, IMO, the very complicated relationship and dynamics between Israel and Palestine. The long history of the occupation and the other military conflicts and how it's not as simple as it seems...
"Israel and The Occupied Territories - The Occupied Territories - United States Department of State" https://www.state.gov/reports/2016-repo ... rritories/
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic