House impeaches Alejandro Mayorkas, first Cabinet secretary to be impeached in almost 150 years

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

The house is full of nitwits following the orders of their Messiah. He and his ideas are dangerous for the country and the world.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:22 am
SouthernIslander wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:44 am What did he do?
The "articles of impeachment"
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/202 ... tated.html
Oh..….. 🙄

The term impeachment is starting to lose its meaning.

Thanks for sharing. Lol
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:08 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:44 am What did he do?
Oh..….. 🙄

Thanks for sharing. Lol
Indeed it is. In short Republican complaints are baseless and only serve as a distraction to the fact that they keep voting against any border control because then they'd have nothing to use to "stick it to the Dems".
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Does anyone else find this a bit weird?

$14 billion for Israel, and $9.15 billion for humanitarian assistance, including for Gaza.

So we’re paying for humanitarian aid to Gaza, since they’re dealing with falling bombs all day, and we’re sending military aid to Israel so the bombs can continue to rain down…
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:31 pm

Oh..….. 🙄

Thanks for sharing. Lol
Indeed it is. In short Republican complaints are baseless and only serve as a distraction to the fact that they keep voting against any border control because then they'd have nothing to use to "stick it to the Dems".
That is what I was thinking. Even this reads like it was done to take a swing at the Democrats. What is their excuse for voting against a border bill? I heard about it but never could figure out why they would vote against that like they haven't been raising hell.

I'm so sick of this topic, IDK what to do sometimes.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:44 pm

Oh..….. 🙄

Thanks for sharing. Lol
That is what I was thinking. Even this reads like it was done to take a swing at the Democrats. What is their excuse for voting against a border bill? I heard about it but never could figure out why they would vote against that like they haven't been raising hell.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/445 ... rder-bill/
306/232

Deleted User 1511

Unread post

The Republican/Trump plan for immigration is IMO horrific. All of this showmanship is leading up to that. Sorry if I don't engage but really, what's the point?
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Della wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:58 pm

But he faced a big political headwind from Trump, who repeatedly called on GOP lawmakers to reject any deal that didn’t give them “everything” they wanted.

Trump on Monday declared on social media that “only a fool, or a Radical Left Democrat, would vote for this horrendous Border Bill” and blasted it as “a great gift to the Democrats, and a Death Wish for The Republican Party
^^^^^ Well shit, if they are doing this just because Trump said so ... they just want to keep mess going instead of actually doing something about the border.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:38 pm
Della wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:58 pm

But he faced a big political headwind from Trump, who repeatedly called on GOP lawmakers to reject any deal that didn’t give them “everything” they wanted.

Trump on Monday declared on social media that “only a fool, or a Radical Left Democrat, would vote for this horrendous Border Bill” and blasted it as “a great gift to the Democrats, and a Death Wish for The Republican Party
^^^^^ Well shit, if they are doing this just because Trump said so ... they just want to keep mess going instead of actually doing something about the border.
Immigration has been a wedge issue that both sides have kicked down the line. However, this was what Republicans said they wanted. They bit off their nose and spited their face with this decision, imo.
306/232

SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Della wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:45 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:38 pm

Immigration has been a wedge issue that both sides have kicked down the line. However, this was what Republicans said they wanted. They bit off their nose and spited their face with this decision, imo.
I was thinking the same...now I see why the border has gotten this bad if politicians have always done this. I don't think this was a good move either. I personally don't want to hear them complain anymore unless one of them comes up with something other than some bullshit Trump said.
Locked Previous topicNext topic