What are your sleeping habits and have they changed?

Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

They haven't changed drastically but they have changed some. I don't sleep through the night anymore but I can usually fall back to sleep after getting up. Napping hasn't changed for me. What has changed is sleeping position. I have a harder time being truly comfortable. I used to very much be a stomach sleeper but my arms don't go that way anymore so I don't sleep on my stomach as often. I can't lay on my back very long because the backs of my heels start to hurt. So it's usually one side or the other but I struggle finding a good position where my arms don't start to get tingly. And if I stay on one side for too long that hip starts hurting.
Maybe I just need to shell out for a really good quality mattress. These aging bones can't take economy range any more.
CherryTreez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My sleeping habits haven't changed much. I sleep much deeper now because my kids are older and I don't need to listen for them now. I am a night owl. I would love to stay up until 3 and sleep until 10.
Heyteacher
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

As I am edging closer to menopause I notice I don’t sleep as soundly. Nor do I sleep through the night most nights. I generally wake around 2 and drift in and out of light sleep until hubbies alarm at 4:30. I have to be up by 5:30 so I can get to school by 7…so I am often in bed before the boys. It’s ridiculous.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I haven’t been sleeping much lately. Dh sleeps 10-4:30. That seems to work for him.
AZOldGal66
Countess
Countess

Unread post

I get about 5-6 hours of sleep a night with a 20min cat nap during the day if I can.

It's been like this for awhile.
just an old coot 😉🌵
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

AZOldGal66 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:20 pm I get about 5-6 hours of sleep a night with a 20min cat nap during the day if I can.

It's been like this for awhile.
I feel that we are constantly bombarded with how much sleep we need to remain healthy and it's frustrating. My mother goes to bed every night at 5:00 and wakes up every morning at 8:00. Like clockwork. It works for her and my 6 hours a night seems to work for me (and you).
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Irregular…some nights I can’t fall asleep, some nights I fall asleep at 8 but wake up at 12 then can’t go back asleep until 2 or 3, and then other nights I have nightmares and wake up around 3. I do nap during the day a few times a week.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

mommy_jules wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:55 pm Irregular…some nights I can’t fall asleep, some nights I fall asleep at 8 but wake up at 12 then can’t go back asleep until 2 or 3, and then other nights I have nightmares and wake up around 3. I do nap during the day a few times a week.
Personal question here and you don't have to answer:) Do you find the nightmares are associated with tumultuous period in your life are they totally out of the blue and no bearing on your real-life? I ask because when I was plagued with insomnia and nightmares I had two schools of thought thrown at me - practice wellness and meditation and the nightmares would go away or take prozac and the nightmare would go away.

In my case, I quit my job, bought a food truck, and remodeled my bathroom and the nightmares went away, lol. It was probably coincidentally rather than actual care but still curious what others have experienced. Is it situational, hormonal, or psychological? That is the huge question.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:04 pm
mommy_jules wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:55 pm Irregular…some nights I can’t fall asleep, some nights I fall asleep at 8 but wake up at 12 then can’t go back asleep until 2 or 3, and then other nights I have nightmares and wake up around 3. I do nap during the day a few times a week.
Personal question here and you don't have to answer:) Do you find the nightmares are associated with tumultuous period in your life are they totally out of the blue and no bearing on your real-life? I ask because when I was plagued with insomnia and nightmares I had two schools of thought thrown at me - practice wellness and meditation and the nightmares would go away or take prozac and the nightmare would go away.

In my case, I quit my job, bought a food truck, and remodeled my bathroom and the nightmares went away, lol. It was probably coincidentally rather than actual care but still curious what others have experienced. Is it situational, hormonal, or psychological? That is the huge question.
They seem to come out of the blue. The most memorable one was like it came straight out of a Stephen King novel. They do seem to occur with hormone changes, so I pretty sure they are hormonal.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

My sleeping pattern has changed with perimenopause. I am sleeping about 8 to 9 and wake up at 430, if I follow my natural sleep drive!! It is crazy…
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic