Payroll people ?

LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:49 pm Personally I'd put the money into savings and let it collect interest until they wanted it back. I've had my company underpay me by a few dollars. It's made up on the next paycheck so as others said perhaps they'll take it out of your next one or something.
I hear you. But morally, that is taking something that is not mine aka stealing, or at the very best taking advantage of someone else’s mistake.
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:18 pm Is it possible they messed up on the tax withholdings and the 5 grand is the difference?

I was paid twice for my training at my current job. My original store manager lied to me and told me the multi billion dollar corporation I work for "could not afford" to pay me for my training. I went to HR who paid me, in the meantime despite telling me I wouldn't be paid the store manager put the hours on my paycheck, so I was paid double. HR told me to keep it.
I like your HR, lol.
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:01 am
Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:49 pm Personally I'd put the money into savings and let it collect interest until they wanted it back. I've had my company underpay me by a few dollars. It's made up on the next paycheck so as others said perhaps they'll take it out of your next one or something.
I hear you. But morally, that is taking something that is not mine aka stealing, or at the very best taking advantage of someone else’s mistake.
Take the money and put it into a savings account until it all gets figured out. If it were me, I'd write down what I *should* have been paid for the time period, broken down by pay period and what I was paid and take it to whoever handles payroll. If it's a large company there's a good chance it'll take a couple cycles before they get their poop in a group and fix it but you'll have it set aside to either pay them back or pull from it when you don't have a pay cheque for a few pay cycles.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic