"There is no royal road to learning"

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
SlimShady
Countess
Countess

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:46 pm
SlimShady wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:23 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 2:51 pm

I’m not going to keep repeating myself. I already gave you 2 examples and I’m not going down a rabbit hole for you to make excuses or dismiss everything I say because you don’t like my answer.

Have you always felt this way or did something happen to make you so dismissive and lack empathy for Black people?

If you have always felt the same way you do now, that answers my question and if you don’t want to answer at all that is cool too.
No , no… lol you’re not understanding here.

I don’t want your spun around interpretation of what I said.

I said give me an actual sentence that *I* personally typed out that is racist…

Giving actual evidence when you’re attempting to smear someone isn’t “going down a rabbit hole”… you keep using these phrases to try getting out of being asked to provide actual evidence.

You can’t do it.

You can’t do it, because I’ve never said anything that was racist… you can only spin around a paraphrasing of when I said “All people should be treated equally” into “she’s a racist”

At this point… either show me any sentence that I said that was racist, and if you’re unable to do that… you might have to admit that you’re a liar.
I have already given you examples and it’s no point if you’re going to dismiss everything I say. That serves no purpose but a cat and mouse game.

Have you always felt like this about Black people, even if you don’t think your mentality is racist? Or did somebody do something to you to change your views?
No, you haven’t given me anything at all that I’ve written that is racist.

You have only alluded to posts in which I said everyone should be treated equally.

So where’s the evidence of anything I have ever written that is racist?

That’s what you are unable to provide… how many different catch phrases can you come up with to get out of having to back up your claims with actual evidence? I bet you got at least three more saved up…

You are an individual, and one that goes out of their way to lie about me. So I’m dismissive of you personally…
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

SlimShady wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:03 pm
SlimShady wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:23 pm

No , no… lol you’re not understanding here.

I don’t want your spun around interpretation of what I said.

I said give me an actual sentence that *I* personally typed out that is racist…

Giving actual evidence when you’re attempting to smear someone isn’t “going down a rabbit hole”… you keep using these phrases to try getting out of being asked to provide actual evidence.

You can’t do it.

You can’t do it, because I’ve never said anything that was racist… you can only spin around a paraphrasing of when I said “All people should be treated equally” into “she’s a racist”

At this point… either show me any sentence that I said that was racist, and if you’re unable to do that… you might have to admit that you’re a liar.
I have already given you examples and it’s no point if you’re going to dismiss everything I say. That serves no purpose but a cat and mouse game.

Have you always felt like this about Black people, even if you don’t think your mentality is racist? Or did somebody do something to you to change your views?

You have only alluded to posts in which I said everyone should be treated equally.

That’s what you are unable to provide… how many different catch phrases can you come up with to get out of having to back up your claims with actual evidence? I bet you got at least three more saved up…

You are an individual, and one that goes out of their way to lie about me. So I’m dismissive of you personally…
I don’t take your feelings towards me personal, so you’re good. I have already given you examples. I’ll be glad to explain to you why it comes off racist but if you’re demanding that I give you talking points to dismiss everything I say and argue … the answer is no.

I take it that you don’t want to answer my question, so we can revisit this later if you change your mind in the future or if Reading Rainbow comes back.

We can leave the rest where it is for now. :-)
SlimShady
Countess
Countess

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:39 pm

I don’t take your feelings towards me personal, so you’re good. I have already given you examples. I’ll be glad to explain to you why it comes off racist but if you’re demanding that I give you talking points to dismiss everything I say and argue … the answer is no.

I take it that you don’t want to answer my question, so we can revisit this later if you change your mind in the future or if Reading Rainbow comes back.

I’m demanding you give me any single sentence that I have ever said that was racist…

That’s it.

This is the argument… you call me racist to try to smear my character, then I say “ what have I said that was racist”…. You’ve got nothing.

Now you want to change things up a bit and try “comes off as racist” because you searched and searched and couldn’t find one…

I would even bet you had two other people searching right along with you… but nothing.

You’re a liar my dear, and when you’re called out for it you have nothing to say…

So from here on out…. Every. Single.Time. You attempt to call me racist, you are going to be asked to provide evidence of that… and evidence of what *I* have specifically said that is racist…. If you can’t, you’re a liar again.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

SlimShady wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:54 pm

I’m demanding you give me any single sentence that I have ever said that was racist…

That’s it.

This is the argument… you call me racist to try to smear my character, then I say “ what have I said that was racist”…. You’ve got nothing.

Now you want to change things up a bit and try “comes off as racist” because you searched and searched and couldn’t find one…

I would even bet you had two other people searching right along with you… but nothing.

You’re a liar my dear, and when you’re called out for it you have nothing to say…

So from here on out…. Every. Single.Time. You attempt to call me racist, you are going to be asked to provide evidence of that… and evidence of what *I* have specifically said that is racist…. If you can’t, you’re a liar again.
What part of I gave you examples don’t you understand?

I’m not your slave, so you don’t demand that I do shit I don’t want to do. I am not obligated to give you the answer you want to hear and trying to shame me most definitely isn’t going force me to do it.

That’s fine. If you say something racist in the future, I’ll point it out and explain to you why if I feel like it. But for now….the answer is NO.
SlimShady
Countess
Countess

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:39 pm

That’s it.

I’m not your slave, so you don’t demand that I do shit I don’t want to do. I am not obligated to give you the answer you want to hear and trying to shame me most definitely isn’t going force me to do it.

That’s fine. If you say something racist in the future, I’ll point it out and explain to you why if I feel like it. But for now….the answer is NO.
Honey… If you try to slander someone, the onus is most definitely on you to provide direct evidence of your claims.

If you can’t, you lied about what you tried to slander them with.

So yeah… you’re going to be expected to be accountable for what you say… PARTICULARLY when it involves slandering me…
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SlimShady wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:44 pm

That’s it.

Honey… If you try to slander someone, the onus is most definitely on you to provide direct evidence of your claims.

So yeah… you’re going to be expected to be accountable for what you say… PARTICULARLY when it involves slandering me…
Sugar, you are not being slandered. You are coming across as a true Arkansas stereotype.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
SlimShady
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Della wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:23 pm

Sugar, you are not being slandered. You are coming across as a true Arkansas stereotype.
Ah… another player enters the ring.. this time insulting large swaths of people to try and get at me…

So here we go… your turn. Are you going to be able to provide any evidence of what *I* have said that is racist? Or did you just want to get a jab in?
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

That’s it.

You can keep trying but shaming isn’t going to work with me. The answer is still no and the more you force it the more I meant what I said. You come off racist and dismissive towards Black people and you have drastically changed since CM.

I can tell it is eating you’ve alive, but there is zero you can do to change my opinion or control what I think.

If you don’t think you’re racist and you are the exact same Rainbow you use to be, that is fine by me but you have no authority to hold me accountable for a damn thing I choose not to accept or allow.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Della wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:23 pm

She really is. It’s like she trying to fit into this southern stereotype and it is weird.
SlimShady
Countess
Countess

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:01 pm

You can keep trying but shaming isn’t going to work with me. The answer is still no and the more you force it the more I meant what I said. You come off racist and dismissive towards Black people and you have drastically changed since CM.

I can tell it is eating you’ve alive, but there is zero you can do to change my opinion or control what I think.

If you don’t think you’re racist and you are the exact same Rainbow you use to be, that is fine by me but you have no authority to hold me accountable for a damn thing I choose not to accept or allow.
That’s not what shaming means… try again. If someone is lying about you and attempting to slander your name, you’re fully in the right to call that out.

That goes for me too.

You can do whatever you’d like… but I’m going to consider your inability to quote a single racist sentence that I’ve ever said as proof that you’re lying.
Locked Previous topicNext topic