Would someone not having a credit score be a red flag?

Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:06 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:49 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:30 pm
He has a great job and internet. I'm not sure what perk his bank provides for debit cards. I know my credit card has slightly better rewards points and cash back than my debit but not by much. He also has pretty high level security clearance and has worked for the government in the past.
Then he’s lying to you.
You cannot have high level security clearance in the US government without good credit. Without it you are considered too much of a risk.
That is not true. Even people with bad credit can get clearance depending on what caused the bad credit.

Also I know he isn't lying because I know the job he worked and I've seen his credit score.
People with bad credit can’t get clearance. People with damaging factors can possibly get it, but only after both an investigation and going through appeals in a military court.
If you’ve seen his credit score, what is it?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:09 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:49 pm

Then he’s lying to you.
You cannot have high level security clearance in the US government without good credit. Without it you are considered too much of a risk.
That is not true. Even people with bad credit can get clearance depending on what caused the bad credit.

Also I know he isn't lying because I know the job he worked and I've seen his credit score.
People with bad credit can’t get clearance. People with damaging factors can possibly get it, but only after both an investigation and going through appeals in a military court.
This is what he gets if he tries to use credit sesame or credit karma. I had him try because I originally didn't believe that he has never used credit ever lol.
685909391274.jpg
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:36 pm
Inmybizz wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:00 pm
Anonymous 4 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 1:08 pm And what job does he have that allows him to purchase multiple homes and cars in cash constantly? You won't answer that.
I know.. I’ve asked twice. I’m going to go with cardiologist.
Uh, you do realize not everyone just sits on here all day right? I responded to your comments when I saw them .
Who said anything about you being on here all day I just gave a guess as to his occupation.
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It seems you know him for a while. It also seems you know his job and lack of credit history; so why are you even asking if there is cause fir concern? Every time someone brings something up re his lack if credit, you defend it.
Why are you actually asking re this guy's lack of credut history if it is a red flag? Is it really his lack of credit history or something else you're actually concerned about?
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:13 pm

This is what he gets if he tries to use credit sesame or credit karma. I had him try because I originally didn't believe that he has never used credit ever lol.

685909391274.jpg
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:08 am This guy I have been dating told me he doesn't have a credit score. He has never used credit. Part of me thinks it is a massive red flag but on the other hand the fact that he owns two homes, multiple cars, and other fun things all with no debt doesn't actually seem like a bad thing.

Opinions?
As it happens, I've never needed to buy things on credit - I inherited several properties.

You should be aware that, if the guy you're dating comes from old money, he is going to be in the habit of not revealing exactly how wealthy he is. Don't hold that against him. It isn't that he doesn't trust you. It's that he's been taught, from birth, to keep it confidential and share only as much information as a particular person 'needs to know'.

I'd suggest asking if his family has any traditions about having formal engagements.
RIZZY
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Where I live, if you have poor credit or no credit, you have to pay a pretty hefty deposit for things like new utilities. We're talking $500 that you won't get back for years until you move. Homeowners insurance and car insurance is typically higher for people with poor or no credit.

I wouldn't necessarily see it as a red flag but I would assume he doesn't know much about finances. Truly wealthy people don't necessarily pay for everything in cash; they leverage other people's money (aka, loans) to buy income-producing assets.

If he really has that much money, he could afford to build his credit.
RIZZY
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Bobcobbagob wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:09 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:35 am
Bobcobbagob wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:09 am A credit score is how banks know how dependable you are
No credit and bad credit is seen as the same thing.
You have to have a good credit score to get a good interest rate.

Interest rate is how much you have to pay the bank for acquiring the loan.
If you have a good score, you can buy a house for $350,000, get an interest rate of 15% and end up paying $402,500 by the time the loan is paid off. If you have a bad credit score they’ll charge you a 29% interest rate and you’ll end up paying $451,500 by the end of the loan.

A good credit score will save you a lot of money. And this goes for ANYTHING that has a variable interest rate attached…. Houses, cars, phones, on the rare occasion medical debt, student loans…
He doesn't take out loans and would never want to so a credit score isn't something helpful for him.
Ok… but he pays a lot more for basic living than someone with a good credit score does.

If he’s that wealthy, having a good credit score can help him keep more of his wealth.

Even something as basic as internet…or cell phone service…on paper hes living like someone who is just making it paycheck to paycheck regardless of what his actual financial reality is… sad to say they have to pay more for just about everything than someone who has healthy credit.

Think of it this way… if he opens up a bank account with nothing in it, then both spends $200,000 a year and funds the account with $200,000 a year… if he uses a debit card only his account will have $0 in it at the end of the year.

If he uses a credit card with a 3% cash back rate that account would have $6000 in it by the end of the year. Keep that up for ten years and you have $60,000 in savings and you can fund your kid’s entire college education just from the amount of money you were given back…

I agree. Just to get utility services turned on, you have to either pay a huge deposit or have your credit checked. IDK about you but I'd rather not have to pay a deposit. That money would serve me better being invested. Investment portfolios run your credit.

The thing is...you can't work forever. You're going to want to retire at some point. And no one who is good with money keeps $200K lying around in a checking account.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:39 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:51 am I’m shocked that this many adults don’t know how important a good credit score is.
I'm shocked that so many people assume everyone likes to travel and rent cars.
You're shocked by the idea that most people enjoy traveling and assume that most other people like to as well? Maybe get out of the house more... No, not everyone likes to travel but most people do and to be shocked by that, well, IDK, just seems very sheltered.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Inmybizz wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:40 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:36 pm
Inmybizz wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:00 pm

I know.. I’ve asked twice. I’m going to go with cardiologist.
Uh, you do realize not everyone just sits on here all day right? I responded to your comments when I saw them .
Who said anything about you being on here all day I just gave a guess as to his occupation.
Sorry I either misread or misquoted. I thought you were the one who said I won't answer.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I think opinions are interesting but I have no problem correcting misinformation.
cgd5112 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:55 pm It seems you know him for a while. It also seems you know his job and lack of credit history; so why are you even asking if there is cause fir concern? Every time someone brings something up re his lack if credit, you defend it.
Why are you actually asking re this guy's lack of credut history if it is a red flag? Is it really his lack of credit history or something else you're actually concerned about?
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:13 pm

685909391274.jpg
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic