New York law aims to stop funding of illegal Israeli settlements in West Bank

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess
Posts: 20503
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 5:32 pm

Unread post

Meh. Two guys that created their own Christian religious sects. The opinion of 2 guys doesn’t make something you believe a “fraud”.
Bobcobbagob wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:38 pm
Della wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:05 pm
Bobcobbagob wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:05 pm Since no one will ever agree on the history of who should have it… simple logistics of which nation is stronger is going to decide who wins.

And since it’s in the Bible that whoever doesn’t help out Israel is going to be cursed by God himself… all the Christian’s are going to help out.



There’s an inevitable here… it’s just unclear how long it’s going to take.
Look up Cyrus Scofield and John Nelson Darby and you'll find that's a fraud.
What’s a fraud?
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
User avatar
Valentina327
Princess
Princess
Posts: 16075
Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 2:23 am

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 6:00 pm At least us Jews in the rest of the world can still donate to our Israeli charities. They’ll be fine. There are many ways to still support Israel against the false accusations of “illegal settlements”. There’s actually no such thing as “occupied Palestinian territories”.

Mom -
I don't know enough about this conflict in any kind of depth, but I'm trying to learn more about the issues.

Would you mind awfully educating me on what land it actually IS that NY is deeming "occupied Palestinian territories"? Would appreciate it.

I don't know why NY thinks they've got authority to decide where donations from a charity are directed. Is it simply because they've got such a large Jewish population? You'd think they'd have their hands plenty full with issues to resolve locally.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess
Posts: 20503
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 5:32 pm

Unread post

It’s the territories called the “West Bank”. During the Six Day War between Israel and a coalition of Arab countries, Israel won and seized the West Bank from Jordan, the Gaza Strip from Egypt and the Golan Heights from Syria. None of these were “Palestinian territories”. They had been previously annexed by those countries. Israel unilaterally gave up the Gaza Strip, which now is controlled by Hamas. The West Bank is under military occupation since 1967, when Israel captured it from Jordan. There are regions under the administration of the Palestinian Authority. That status isn’t disputed at all, it was affirmed by the International Court of Law. What’s questioned is the establishment of Israeli settlements in the region. But the military occupation itself isn’t considered illegal at all.
And yes, that bill cannot pass as it allows people to sue nonprofits based in NY, in other states or even internationally. That’s completely out of New York’s jurisdiction. The bill doesn’t have strong support. The guy who proposed it is an antisemite, plain and simple.

https://www.stopantisemitism.org/antis ... me-mamdani

“Zohran Kwame Mamdani is a community organizer based in New York City pushing the antisemitic Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions movement (BDS). In 2020, Mamdani ran for the New York State Assembly representing District 36, which covers parts of Queens. He ran as a Democratic Socialist and with the endorsement of previous "Antisemitic of the Week" Linda Sarsour.”
Valentina327 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:46 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 6:00 pm At least us Jews in the rest of the world can still donate to our Israeli charities. They’ll be fine. There are many ways to still support Israel against the false accusations of “illegal settlements”. There’s actually no such thing as “occupied Palestinian territories”.

Mom -
I don't know enough about this conflict in any kind of depth, but I'm trying to learn more about the issues.

Would you mind awfully educating me on what land it actually IS that NY is deeming "occupied Palestinian territories"? Would appreciate it.

I don't know why NY thinks they've got authority to decide where donations from a charity are directed. Is it simply because they've got such a large Jewish population? You'd think they'd have their hands plenty full with issues to resolve locally.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
User avatar
Valentina327
Princess
Princess
Posts: 16075
Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 2:23 am

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:49 am It’s the territories called the “West Bank”. During the Six Day War between Israel and a coalition of Arab countries, Israel won and seized the West Bank from Jordan, the Gaza Strip from Egypt and the Golan Heights from Syria. None of these were “Palestinian territories”. They had been previously annexed by those countries. Israel unilaterally gave up the Gaza Strip, which now is controlled by Hamas. The West Bank is under military occupation since 1967, when Israel captured it from Jordan. There are regions under the administration of the Palestinian Authority. That status isn’t disputed at all, it was affirmed by the International Court of Law. What’s questioned is the establishment of Israeli settlements in the region. But the military occupation itself isn’t considered illegal at all.
And yes, that bill cannot pass as it allows people to sue nonprofits based in NY, in other states or even internationally. That’s completely out of New York’s jurisdiction. The bill doesn’t have strong support. The guy who proposed it is an antisemite, plain and simple.

https://www.stopantisemitism.org/antis ... me-mamdani

“Zohran Kwame Mamdani is a community organizer based in New York City pushing the antisemitic Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions movement (BDS). In 2020, Mamdani ran for the New York State Assembly representing District 36, which covers parts of Queens. He ran as a Democratic Socialist and with the endorsement of previous "Antisemitic of the Week" Linda Sarsour.”
Valentina327 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:46 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 6:00 pm At least us Jews in the rest of the world can still donate to our Israeli charities. They’ll be fine. There are many ways to still support Israel against the false accusations of “illegal settlements”. There’s actually no such thing as “occupied Palestinian territories”.

Mom -
I don't know enough about this conflict in any kind of depth, but I'm trying to learn more about the issues.

Would you mind awfully educating me on what land it actually IS that NY is deeming "occupied Palestinian territories"? Would appreciate it.

I don't know why NY thinks they've got authority to decide where donations from a charity are directed. Is it simply because they've got such a large Jewish population? You'd think they'd have their hands plenty full with issues to resolve locally.
Thank you so much for the explanation. I appreciate it..
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess
Posts: 20503
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 5:32 pm

Unread post

This is also a good explanation as to why many people disagree that those settlements are illegal.

https://embassies.gov.il/abuja/AboutIs ... d-Law.aspx

“In short, the attempt to portray Jewish communities in the West Bank as a new form of "colonial" settlement in the land of a foreign sovereign is as disingenuous as it is politically motivated. At no point in history were Jerusalem and the West Bank subject to Palestinian Arab sovereignty. At issue is the right of Jews to reside in their ancient homeland, alongside Palestinian Arab communities, in an expression of the connection of both peoples to this land.”

And here you can read both arguments.

https://jfedsrq.org/are-israeli-settle ... ional-law/
Valentina327 wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:26 am
Momto2boys973 wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:49 am It’s the territories called the “West Bank”. During the Six Day War between Israel and a coalition of Arab countries, Israel won and seized the West Bank from Jordan, the Gaza Strip from Egypt and the Golan Heights from Syria. None of these were “Palestinian territories”. They had been previously annexed by those countries. Israel unilaterally gave up the Gaza Strip, which now is controlled by Hamas. The West Bank is under military occupation since 1967, when Israel captured it from Jordan. There are regions under the administration of the Palestinian Authority. That status isn’t disputed at all, it was affirmed by the International Court of Law. What’s questioned is the establishment of Israeli settlements in the region. But the military occupation itself isn’t considered illegal at all.
And yes, that bill cannot pass as it allows people to sue nonprofits based in NY, in other states or even internationally. That’s completely out of New York’s jurisdiction. The bill doesn’t have strong support. The guy who proposed it is an antisemite, plain and simple.

https://www.stopantisemitism.org/antis ... me-mamdani

“Zohran Kwame Mamdani is a community organizer based in New York City pushing the antisemitic Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions movement (BDS). In 2020, Mamdani ran for the New York State Assembly representing District 36, which covers parts of Queens. He ran as a Democratic Socialist and with the endorsement of previous "Antisemitic of the Week" Linda Sarsour.”
Valentina327 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:46 pm


Mom -
I don't know enough about this conflict in any kind of depth, but I'm trying to learn more about the issues.

Would you mind awfully educating me on what land it actually IS that NY is deeming "occupied Palestinian territories"? Would appreciate it.

I don't know why NY thinks they've got authority to decide where donations from a charity are directed. Is it simply because they've got such a large Jewish population? You'd think they'd have their hands plenty full with issues to resolve locally.
Thank you so much for the explanation. I appreciate it..
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
User avatar
Valentina327
Princess
Princess
Posts: 16075
Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 2:23 am

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:33 am This is also a good explanation as to why many people disagree that those settlements are illegal.

https://embassies.gov.il/abuja/AboutIs ... d-Law.aspx

“In short, the attempt to portray Jewish communities in the West Bank as a new form of "colonial" settlement in the land of a foreign sovereign is as disingenuous as it is politically motivated. At no point in history were Jerusalem and the West Bank subject to Palestinian Arab sovereignty. At issue is the right of Jews to reside in their ancient homeland, alongside Palestinian Arab communities, in an expression of the connection of both peoples to this land.”

And here you can read both arguments.

https://jfedsrq.org/are-israeli-settle ... ional-law/
Valentina327 wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:26 am
Momto2boys973 wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:49 am It’s the territories called the “West Bank”. During the Six Day War between Israel and a coalition of Arab countries, Israel won and seized the West Bank from Jordan, the Gaza Strip from Egypt and the Golan Heights from Syria. None of these were “Palestinian territories”. They had been previously annexed by those countries. Israel unilaterally gave up the Gaza Strip, which now is controlled by Hamas. The West Bank is under military occupation since 1967, when Israel captured it from Jordan. There are regions under the administration of the Palestinian Authority. That status isn’t disputed at all, it was affirmed by the International Court of Law. What’s questioned is the establishment of Israeli settlements in the region. But the military occupation itself isn’t considered illegal at all.
And yes, that bill cannot pass as it allows people to sue nonprofits based in NY, in other states or even internationally. That’s completely out of New York’s jurisdiction. The bill doesn’t have strong support. The guy who proposed it is an antisemite, plain and simple.

https://www.stopantisemitism.org/antis ... me-mamdani

“Zohran Kwame Mamdani is a community organizer based in New York City pushing the antisemitic Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions movement (BDS). In 2020, Mamdani ran for the New York State Assembly representing District 36, which covers parts of Queens. He ran as a Democratic Socialist and with the endorsement of previous "Antisemitic of the Week" Linda Sarsour.”

Thank you so much for the explanation. I appreciate it..
Thank you! That was helpful!
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Della
Princess
Princess
Posts: 23008
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:46 pm

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:29 pm Meh. Two guys that created their own Christian religious sects. The opinion of 2 guys doesn’t make something you believe a “fraud”.
Bobcobbagob wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:38 pm
Della wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:05 pm

Look up Cyrus Scofield and John Nelson Darby and you'll find that's a fraud.
What’s a fraud?
You think it's just a sect?! It spread through out protestantism. It was not a Christian edict to believe what they spread. Dispensationalism... poppycock!
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Deleted User 2267

Unread post

Della wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 4:19 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:29 pm Meh. Two guys that created their own Christian religious sects. The opinion of 2 guys doesn’t make something you believe a “fraud”.
Bobcobbagob wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:38 pm

What’s a fraud?
You think it's just a sect?! It spread through out protestantism. It was not a Christian edict to believe what they spread. Dispensationalism... poppycock!
I hadn’t heard of them before, but they’ve got nothing to do with what I was talking about…
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess
Posts: 20503
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 5:32 pm

Unread post

So? It’s still a sect. Every group that has its own set of beliefs and doctrines within a larger group are sects. It’s not a matter of numbers. There’s no one absolute Christian doctrine. They can believe whatever they want, other Christian sects can disagree. It doesn’t mean they have the truth and all other sects and their beliefs are are “frauds”.
Della wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 4:19 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:29 pm Meh. Two guys that created their own Christian religious sects. The opinion of 2 guys doesn’t make something you believe a “fraud”.
Bobcobbagob wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:38 pm

What’s a fraud?
You think it's just a sect?! It spread through out protestantism. It was not a Christian edict to believe what they spread. Dispensationalism... poppycock!
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
Deleted User 2267

Unread post

I was talking about Genesis 12:2-3

Genesis 12:2-3
New International Version
2 “I will make you into a great nation,
and I will bless you;
I will make your name great,
and you will be a blessing.[a]
3 I will bless those who bless you,
and whoever curses you I will curse;




PLENTY of Christians in the Bible Belt believe that to be true and won’t ever go against Israel…
Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:51 pm So? It’s still a sect. Every group that has its own set of beliefs and doctrines within a larger group are sects. It’s not a matter of numbers. There’s no one absolute Christian doctrine. They can believe whatever they want, other Christian sects can disagree. It doesn’t mean they have the truth and all other sects and their beliefs are are “frauds”.
Della wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 4:19 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:29 pm Meh. Two guys that created their own Christian religious sects. The opinion of 2 guys doesn’t make something you believe a “fraud”.

You think it's just a sect?! It spread through out protestantism. It was not a Christian edict to believe what they spread. Dispensationalism... poppycock!
Locked Previous topicNext topic