The Walmart employee was actually angry that I was using plastic bags

Anonymous 3

Unread post

I have fabric bags the same size and shape as plastic bags and they even came in a storage bag. So much easier.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I wonder what kind of places you all live in.
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

They switch to no plastic bags at mine, I'll be using my canvas and other reusable bags. They're easy to use and you can wash them.

My biggest concern is that my two Walmart Neighborhood Markets that I go to are switching to self checkout only or already have.

Kind of a drag when you're shopping for two weeks, have two carts to check out, and have back problems.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

No stores here have plastic bags. That includes clothing stores as well. You either bring your own or purchase one of theirs. I would never go and purchase plastic ones online. But these reusable bags are just as bad for the environment. So all we did was swap one evil for another.
RIZZY
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I've had cashiers get angry at me for bringing reuseable bags. They say they don't like touching other people's things, complain about a random stray dog hair, and say it's annoying because the bag's handles don't fit into their little bag dispenser thing.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

RIZZY wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:21 am I've had cashiers get angry at me for bringing reuseable bags. They say they don't like touching other people's things, complain about a random stray dog hair, and say it's annoying because the bag's handles don't fit into their little bag dispenser thing.
I will admit I have seen some peoples reusable bags and they are disgusting. Do people not wash them? Mine get wash every week, unless I spill something or if something leaks, then they get hand washed right away.
RIZZY
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:28 am
RIZZY wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:21 am I've had cashiers get angry at me for bringing reuseable bags. They say they don't like touching other people's things, complain about a random stray dog hair, and say it's annoying because the bag's handles don't fit into their little bag dispenser thing.
I will admit I have seen some peoples reusable bags and they are disgusting. Do people not wash them? Mine get wash every week, unless I spill something or if something leaks, then they get hand washed right away.
Maybe not. But my bags definitely weren't dirty enough to illicit that level of complaint. I didn't even own a dog at the time. I think those people were just unhappy for whatever reason.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

RIZZY wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:32 am
highlandmum wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:28 am
Maybe not. But my bags definitely weren't dirty enough to illicit that level of complaint. I didn't even own a dog at the time. I think those people were just unhappy for whatever reason.
Was not saying yours just talking in general. I just notice this at the farmers market, the bags are placed on the ground for people to pick up produce, and these bags are filthy.
Here they do not even have the bag handles anymore, they are all removed. I would rather pack my own groceries anyway, I have a little OCD about how they get packed. I do not need my grapes places on top of my raw chicken.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Funny thing. I used to be big on reusable bags at the grocery store until Covid happened and they banned reusable bags for a time. It was enough to get out of the habit of reusable bags and I've never gotten back into it again. Covid ruined it for me.

I'm guessing the employee was a very young employee who couldn't think logically outside the box.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I'll add that stores around me have ONLY plastic bags. I've never even seen an option for paper bags. It's plastic or bring your own. That includes the grocery stores, Target and Walmart.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic