Children behave 8OO% worse around their mother

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Did you know that children can also have a bad day? And their only way to unwind is by releasing their tantrum and temper to their mother.

"A study by the University of Washington’s Department of Psychology found that children are 800% worse around their mothers. The study indicated that observing children’s behavior at the entrance of their mothers in the room showed changes for the worse, drastically and rapidly.

Child psychologists concluded that mothers are the safety bubble of a child’s life when she is around. Children know they are safe, and they can be or do anything they want because mom will keep them safe."

Dear mothers,
You are their safe place.
You are a garbage disposal of unpleasant feelings and emotions.

If they have been holding it together for a whole day, in an unpleasant situation, the second they see you, they know it's time they can finally let it go.

So calm down when you find yourself wondering why does my child behave for everyone but me, it is because you have the privilege of being his mother and are doing an excellent job.
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

This is nice!!! 😊👍

Of course having multiple kid's having that bad day together can cause a parent to contemplate boozing 😜😉...but...
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Explains why I was afraid to act up around mine. She was no safety bubble for me. Just someone that I feared as a child.
Deleted User 2267

Unread post

I don’t know why this bothers me… but those are letter OO’s not number 00’s.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

We teach my kids that we don’t take our feelings out on other people. You can have a bad day, you can vent all you want, you can express your feelings, but you may not be cruel to others because you had a bad day. I understand young children don’t have the emotional maturity to show that, but it doesn’t mean they aren’t accountable for their actions. The people we love are not punching bags. I am not a garbage disposal. We practice healthy ways to show our feelings.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Its very true when we were going through all of the evaluations for ds (who was later diagnosed with spd and autism) I was told this by his therapist. And unlike the above perfect mom it took years to teach my kid how to handle his bad days and emotions without taking it out on me. Heck as an adult I find myself needing to apologize to my kids sometimes because I'm short with them because I'm frustrated with something else. But in my family we understand bad days happen and we teach to apologize and forgive.
Heyteacher
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

This is observed daily in my classroom and in my house.

I’ve been on both sides of the desk. “Mrs Smith your child is a good listener in class, and their behavior Is impeccable”.

“Really? My child because…”

The only complaint I get about my oldest is he talks too much. At home I get that and pre-teen attitude on top
of it.
Heyteacher
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I do the same with my neurotypical kids. It’s called being human momma! None of use are perfect, even when we try to make the inter web believe we are!

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:39 pm Its very true when we were going through all of the evaluations for ds (who was later diagnosed with spd and autism) I was told this by his therapist. And unlike the above perfect mom it took years to teach my kid how to handle his bad days and emotions without taking it out on me. Heck as an adult I find myself needing to apologize to my kids sometimes because I'm short with them because I'm frustrated with something else. But in my family we understand bad days happen and we teach to apologize and forgive.
RIZZY
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

You'd think that we give our best to the people we love but for most people, children or not, the people we love are the ones who get to see the worst parts of us. And that doesn't always mean treating someone badly or being cruel. Part of learning to manage your emotions is spewing them out, learning by trial and error. My kids tend to sleep longer when I'm home because they know they are safe and I won't be angry at them for it.
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Yeah, that sounds about right.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic