Allowing a trans friend to spend the night with my teenager....

Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I agree. Ultimately, OP, it’s up to you. Whatever anyone else thinks, this is your decision and you don’t have to justify it to anyone else.
WellPreserved wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 4:18 pm If you, your daughter, her friend, and his parents are comfortable with the arrangement, I would just continue as you have been. There is no need to tell your extended family the specific sleeping arrangements.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Just-mom wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 4:17 pm
PoplarGrove wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 11:58 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 11:08 am

The fact that the friend is male.

They know the rules, no locking the door to the room (it can be closed) and no S*x.... witch I know they don't see each other that way.
So do they know that this friend has a vagina?
Not my place to tell them. That up to the friend.

I don't think I should have to explain things to people when all that matters is I know the truth.
And you shouldn't have to. I was just trying to figure out if it was the risk of pregnancy, the fact the kid is transgender or just sleepovers in general, since your post was about allowing a transgender friend to stay the night and not just a friend. If their issue is the fact that he's male then that's a legitimate concern for a lot of people because pregnancy's can happen and the general assumption is that males have penises.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Why are they stopping by to turn on your swamp cooler?
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:01 pm Why are they stopping by to turn on your swamp cooler?
Might be the first time of the season - they have to be uncovered and prepped for the year where I live (Colorado). That means getting up on the roof, and if I could have some young strong relative of mine do it, I would!
Anonymous 8

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 9:27 am Swamp cooler is all I got from this lol.
Swamp coolers are the best. My electric bill is never over $85 and I keep my house at 65
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

We have central air and heating in this house but have lived in homes with a swamp cooler and loved it.

Unfortunately once our summer monsoon season hits and the dew point goes up, the swamp cooler stopped working well.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:01 pm Why are they stopping by to turn on your swamp cooler?

Because I don't want to climb on the roof. So my dad and brother (And mom because she wanted to visit) came over to climb on my roof and get it going for the summer.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

AZOldCoot wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:24 pm We have central air and heating in this house but have lived in homes with a swamp cooler and loved it.

Unfortunately once our summer monsoon season hits and the dew point goes up, the swamp cooler stopped working well.
Dh’s mom had gifted us our first home which was the home they’d lived in until his dad passed. His dad did HVAC so the house had both. It was nice.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It depends if they’ve entered into a romantic relationship or not. But in general the kids don’t sleep together. I would feel weird about someone identifying as male with my hypothetical daughter. He can sleep elsewhere. But if it works for you that’s fine. I’m just saying how i feel
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic