What do you think of this?

Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Why on earth is there wet food in the sink that she has to paw through? That's disgusting. Why isn't your family capable of scraping their remaining food into the trash can before the plate goes in the sink? Like millions of people do every day. You sound like pigs honestly. I wouldn't be a fan of doing your dishes either.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Bobcobbagob wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:22 am Does anyone here have a garbage disposal ?

Your rinse off the food into the sink, and with the water running, turn on the disposal…
Small bits of food, yes. Normal humans scrape their plate off in a trashcan before it goes in the sink.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Washing dishes is just one of those things we all have to do. However, I've never considered food scraps to be disgusting. Everyone should be scraping off dirty dishes before they go into the sink or the dishwasher. There is an idea-get a really good dishwasher. That would solve some of the problem. But bottom line is there are always some dishes you have to hand wash so unless you are independently wealthy and can hire someone to do your dishes she will just have to get over it and do what has to be done.
Aletheia
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 10:19 am
The smell of wet food makes me gag.
The feeling of wet food makes me gag.
When wet food sloshes around and makes a sound? Makes me gag.
When wet food LOOKS especially gross, it makes me gag.
And this is not metaphorical gagging. All that happening gives me a stomachache and headache.
When dish water splashes on my feet, legs, or arms, it makes those spots really super itchy and uncomfortable.
Having my hands and shirt all wet is sensory hell on top of sensory hell.
Oftentimes having to do all the dishes can be super overwhelming for me too just because of the time commitment and general daunting look of a huge pile of dishes.
This could have been written by my 14 year old son. (who has ADHD and ASD)
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

What we did which ended up working well for us was whoever cooked also cleaned up. It’s mainly because everyone hates cleaning after the youngest who leaves the kitchen a mess lol. Maybe she’ll feel more control over the mess. And everyone can scrape their dishes properly for her. We also soak dishes in a basin which we use on plants. The plants like it and it saves our septic. And we clean less out of the drain. If this doesn’t work then give her a permanent chore
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Bobcobbagob wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:22 am Does anyone here have a garbage disposal ?

Your rinse off the food into the sink, and with the water running, turn on the disposal…
I can’t have one. My septic guy says it’s bad for the tank. We scrape into the trash and rinse dishes into a basin which gets tossed with the water on our plants. It seems to be good fertilizer. Then we use the dishwasher.
Deleted User 2267

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:04 pm

I am curious how long you have used yours?

I realized too late, that all a disposal does — chop up food waste in small little pieces but with even a bit of grease, those tiny bits, stick to the pipes and cause MASSIVE plumbing issues as years pass. Our pipes were so disgusting and our city has a major public awareness campaign about never using the garbage disposal as it can cause significant economic cost for the city.

This comment is not directed at you per se, but rather just me saying, man “I wish someone would have told me” hubby has had to replace so much of our pipes, and it is so gross!
I’ve had one my whole life… in our current house it’s been about 5 years. We’ve never had any issues
SisterSomeone
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I think you would be an unfathomable asshole not to excuse her from that chore at this point. Your daughter communicated to you in a very adult way, calmly, specifically and concisely what she finds disturbing about this particular chore. She offered alternatives and compromises. She didn't throw a fit. More importantly, all of her issues are significant and none of them is "I don't like it" or "I don't feel like it".

Your child is telling you something and at this point you have no excuse to not listen to her. You can't pretend you don't know this anymore. Your options here are listen to your daughter and meet her halfway, or be an asshole and dismiss her.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic