Violence. Should it be avoided at all costs, or a tool that is sometimes needed…

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 2267

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 10:02 pm
Bobcobbagob wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 9:58 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 9:54 pm

Actually, I forgot to put it into quotes as Jordan Peterson himself claimed to be loved by incels.

He's shit and I have no problem calling that out and don't see that as derailing the conversation. But if you do, fine. I'm out because I've said all I have to say. It's your post.
Regardless of what this guy said… it’s bullshit to call people incels.

Whether it’s you or him…it’s bullshit.

Whether it’s you or him saying Hitler had some good points, it’s bullshit…he didn’t.

I am capable of discussing an idea… if you’re not, so be it.

If you don’t want to talk about the post topic… don’t. No one is requiring it of you… but you respond A LOT to posts you don’t seem to want to be in…you should feel no pressure to respond to the post.
Meh🤷‍♀️
66947A60-A299-4541-BE22-ECD74BB72AB1.gif
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 9:40 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 9:09 pm
Bobcobbagob wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 8:58 pm

I’m not sure what the manosphere is, but he’s a psychoanalyst and gives a lot of university talks/ teaches university classes in Canada
I guess it is a community of men that some people call “toxic masculinity”.
Yes. And he spews his rhetoric with pseudo-intellectual jargon to make people believe that he is somehow an authority. He is loved by incels and by extension, he loves them. He's really big into machismo which include intensionally misgendering including a quote along the lines of he'd "rather die that do" regarding using appropriate pronouns and women who wear make-up in the workplace are kinda asking for it. He's been on Ben Shapiro's show multiple times. I wouldn't have known shit about him except that he was taken off twitter and then returned under Musk and everything he posts is just "yuck".

Sorry, not sorry, that I won't read or listen to a few lines and discuss whether or not I agree with what he says. He's gross, all the way around, and giving him attention for even a few lines lends credence to all the other bullshit that he's said.
Oh l felt that way about Kevin Samuels who passed away last year. I don’t mean speak ill of the dead but he was such a flaming bastard, I couldn’t stand listening to anything he had to say. Valid point or not.

Men like that come off so emotional and bitter to be so “manly”. 🙄🙄🙄

There is a whole community of men like that online and it’s a train wreck.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

In 2018, Kelefa Sanneh wrote in The New Yorker that Peterson "is now one of the most influential—and polarizing—public intellectuals in the English-speaking world".[199][152][120] In 2022, Mick Brown wrote in The Daily Telegraph that Peterson "has become the most visible, outspoken and certainly the most polarising figure in the 'culture wars' between Left and Right, challenging the new orthodoxies of political correctness that have permeated academia, education, and political and cultural life."[24]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jordan_Peterson
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Bobcobbagob wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 9:45 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 9:09 pm

I guess it is a community of men that some people call “toxic masculinity”.
Yes. And he spews his rhetoric with pseudo-intellectual jargon to make people believe that he is somehow an authority. He is loved by incels and by extension, he loves them. He's really big into machismo which include intensionally misgendering including a quote along the lines of he'd "rather die that do" regarding using appropriate pronouns and women who wear make-up in the workplace are kinda asking for it. He's been on Ben Shapiro's show multiple times. I wouldn't have known shit about him except that he was taken off twitter and then returned under Musk and everything he posts is just "yuck".

Sorry, not sorry, that I won't read or listen to a few lines and discuss whether or not I agree with what he says. He's gross, all the way around, and giving him attention for even a few lines lends credence to all the other bullshit that he's said.
Lmao… trying to talk shit about someone while calling people “incels”…

The hypocrisy is palpable.

If you can’t find it within yourself to discuss the topic, don’t let the door hit ya…
You're so full of shit 😂
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Deleted User 2267

Unread post

Della wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 11:14 am
Bobcobbagob wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 9:45 pm

Lmao… trying to talk shit about someone while calling people “incels”…

The hypocrisy is palpable.

If you can’t find it within yourself to discuss the topic, don’t let the door hit ya…
You're so full of shit 😂

Baby… do you want people judging your worth based on how many people want to f**k you?

If you don’t… it might be a good idea not to do it to others.
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

Peterson is indeed polarizing and quite arrogant though he doesn't own the monopoly on that. Many public figures are the same no matter their politics.

He's despised by the majority of liberals who he actually has the "audacity" to mock.

Some of the things he says are pause-worthy.

Violence begets violence.
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don’t care for many of the things Peterson says. However, I do agree with some of the things he says. Therefore, I will listen to him and watch some of his interviews with other experts in their own fields, like Dr. Peter Attia (longevity).

In regard to this clip, I absolutely agree with him. It is not about rage violence or uncontrolled violence in todays society that he is referencing. Men are men and are different than women. Men are capable of great violence and have a higher tendency towards violence than women. Having an outlet, a safe and controlled outlet for violence, like martial arts is good for men. The art teaches strength, technique, and discipline. It also teaches accountability and ownership of actions.
Like he says, a man that is not disciplined in violence is weak and if the situation presents itself where he decides to act in violence , he has no discipline with which to wield the rage/anger and the physical acts of violence because he is weak and there is no strength ( moral virtue) in weakness. He does not know how to control it because he has never learned how to. Like he says, there is no virtue in not being capable of violence or being dangerous. There is virtue in being capable of violence, of being dangerous and being able to control it. I agree with him that it takes strength to be good , to control your ability of violence.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Idk much about this guy but I agree with him here. One learns to control their violent tendencies or if you’re a Buddhist rid yourself of them. It’s overcoming your weaknesses that you become strong. Sometimes there’s a need to fight back like we did against Hitler and Nazi soldiers. And if we’re in the business of fighting we should prepare for it. But if you’re destroying things in a Target and fighting non violent people who just want to live their lives then you’re a bully.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Interesting question.
I do believe that war and violence are sometimes-unfortunately- a necessary evil. As a religious Jew, I must turn to my favorite part of the Bible. Ecclesiastes 3: “Everything has an appointed season, and there is a time for every matter under the Heaven. A time to give birth and a time to die; a time to plant and a time to uproot that which is planted. A time to kill and a time to heal; a time to break and a time to build.’
Such wise words obviously came from the wisest of them all: King Solomon. And even if you don’t believe in his existence, those are indeed wise words- whoever you believe muttered them first. We can’t act in exactly the same way under every circumstance. Sometime we have to use loving kindness, sometimes we have to use strength. And sometimes we have to retort to violence, unfortunately.
Thing is, I don’t think those in charge have the same wisdom to discern when to act in a certain way…
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Locked Previous topicNext topic