My ex is mad that my son got his mullet permed

cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

lol! That was the first thing that crossed my mind, too.
I agree that the x is controlling towards OP and theur child.
AZOldCoot wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 12:44 pm Are mullets back in style?

Your son has the right to choose his own hairstyle. Your ex needs to grow up and stop being a controlling ass.
RIZZY
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I stopped controlling my kid's hair when they were around 12, save for special occasions. For special occasions, like a graduation, I would ask that they hold off on major changes like that, too.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It's your son's hair to do with as he pleases. The ex can just get over himself.

Side note, I personally despise mullets and I loathe the fact that they are back in fashion. But the only hair I control is my own and I wouldn't even try to tell my own sons what to do with their hair. Even DH would just get a strong opinion from me but I wouldn't stop him if he wanted it.

Funny story - When DH was in middle school I think, when the buzz cut was really popular, he wanted one and his mom told him no and so he never got one. Her reason - it was a fad that wouldn't last long. I still don't understand why she had that reasoning because by the time the fad was gone, the buzz cut would've grown out and be ready for something different. Some people are just really weird about hair.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

This. And come on, good luck with that. My 19 year old refuses haircuts as much as he can. He relented some weeks ago for Passover, but still, he wants the front of his hair all overgrown. Kid looks like an Old English Sheepdog, I don’t know how he sees where he’s going. But, it’s what he wants, and if this is his way to rebel, then cool. It could be worse 😁
Heyteacher wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 7:58 pm Tell Dad to take it up with your almost adult son.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 6:06 pm This. And come on, good luck with that. My 19 year old refuses haircuts as much as he can. He relented some weeks ago for Passover, but still, he wants the front of his hair all overgrown. Kid looks like an Old English Sheepdog, I don’t know how he sees where he’s going. But, it’s what he wants, and if this is his way to rebel, then cool. It could be worse 😁
Heyteacher wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 7:58 pm Tell Dad to take it up with your almost adult son.
A sheepdog? What kind of haircut is that?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic