Wrinkles

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Have any of you found anything that helps with wrinkles. I have a pretty deep wrinkle by my mouth/jawline. I got it when we had to wear masks all the time. Not sure if it's truly from that, but that's the time when it really started showing up. Been trying different products. Just wondered if anything has worked for you guys.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

What products do you use? You need to use them constantly to see a real difference in your skin for at least a month if not more. I have found that the ones on my forehead have not gone away but have minimized a bit by using microneedling, and chemical peels. Both of these I go to a medi spa for and would not do a home one (except the ordinary peel). I have been fussing about a routine and have now been using the same one for almost two months and I am finding it is working for me. But what works for me may not work for you or may even aggravate your skin. Are you using a retinol at all?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I always give several months for each product. I am using retinol in all the products. I have gotten a chemical peel but it was too strong for me. I have gotten other facials but those didn't do anything although I didn't expect it to. What are you using that is working for you?
Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 12:06 pm What products do you use? You need to use them constantly to see a real difference in your skin for at least a month if not more. I have found that the ones on my forehead have not gone away but have minimized a bit by using microneedling, and chemical peels. Both of these I go to a medi spa for and would not do a home one (except the ordinary peel). I have been fussing about a routine and have now been using the same one for almost two months and I am finding it is working for me. But what works for me may not work for you or may even aggravate your skin. Are you using a retinol at all?
RIZZY
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Per my dermatologist who also specializes in skin chemistry, Retinol will take approximately 4 months before you will see signs of improvement. It should be used sparingly at first; no more than once a week for the first few months, and not more than 2-3 times per week after that. Using it too much will make you age faster. It's important to use it only at night as retinol and retinoids break down with sun exposure which can render them ineffective. It's especially important to apply it WITH a moisturizer and to always wear sunscreen during the day. My dermatologist recommends a low dose prescription rather than OTC. He also recommends a physical exfoliant once or twice a week and to be sure you're using a moisturizer which helps protect your moisture barrier.

I've been using it weekly for about 4 months and I have noticed that my skin is brighter and some of my large pores are reducing. I'm not really seeing an improvement in fine lines and wrinkles or with hyperpigmentation, my fingers are still crossed.

I am planning on getting a Hollywood Peel soon. It's a very mild chemical peel with almost no downtown. I've never had one but I've heard a lot of good things about it. I'm also considering laser resurfacing (I have some scarring on my face) as well as Botox in my crow's feet and 11s.

I'm constantly torn between embracing my aging and aging as gracefully as I can and feeling like if it helps a little and doesn't give me botox face then maybe it's worth it.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 12:10 pm I always give several months for each product. I am using retinol in all the products. I have gotten a chemical peel but it was too strong for me. I have gotten other facials but those didn't do anything although I didn't expect it to. What are you using that is working for you?
Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 12:06 pm What products do you use? You need to use them constantly to see a real difference in your skin for at least a month if not more. I have found that the ones on my forehead have not gone away but have minimized a bit by using microneedling, and chemical peels. Both of these I go to a medi spa for and would not do a home one (except the ordinary peel). I have been fussing about a routine and have now been using the same one for almost two months and I am finding it is working for me. But what works for me may not work for you or may even aggravate your skin. Are you using a retinol at all?
I am a Ordinary and The1InKey girl. I love the products have seen a difference and they are a very good price. The nurse at the Medi Spa I go to also has told me they have some amazing products. I have a what some would call extensive routine. But it works for me, as I have started to see results and have eliminated the products that did not work for me. My routine is as follows
Morning
Cleanser - The1InKey - Hyaluronic Acid Cleanser
Serum - Usually it is The Ordinary Hyaluronic 2% + B5 serum, but right now I am using the Hyaluronic Acid Serum that comes with my microneedling - applied when face is still wet
Serum #2 - The Ordinary Argireline Solution 10%
Serum #3 - The Ordinary 100% L-Ascrobic Acid mixed with the Ordinary Resverartol & Ferulic Serum or Perricone Vitamin C + Ferulic Acid brightening serum
Moisturizer - Avena Day Bluring Moisturizer
Sun Screen - Green Beaver Mineral Sun Screen

Night
Cleanser #1 - The1InKey - Oat Cleansing Balm
Cleanser #2 - CeraVe - Hydrating Cream to Foam Cleanser
Serum #1 - Same as morning
Serum #2 - The Ordinary Argireline Solution 10%
Serum #3 - The1InKey - retinol 1% solution, and then I also use The1Inkey under eye retinol (got this free with gift or I would not have purchased it)
Serum #4 - The Ordinary Caffeine Serum mixed with a bit of the Ordinary Moisturizer
Then 30 minutes later I apply - Nova Scotia Fisherman Extreme Face Moisturizer with sea kelp

Now I also use once a month - The Ordinary Peeling Solution, if someone is going to the US to pick this up, or I will do Sephora Peeling Solution if I cannot get anyone to pick me up The Ordinary one. I also will do a sheet mask once a week, and eye patches every other week. I want to get myself a Microcurrent device but am right now hesitant on paying so much for something I may not like. When I do the Peeling solutions I do not use retinol the day before, the day of or the day after. Some times I will even extend it to a couple of days after.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Micro-needling is amazing.
Deleted User 2267

Unread post

I would never try to get rid of my wrinkles …

I worked far too hard to earn them.
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I use the wrinkle filter on my camera. A year or ten years from now I'll only have pictures to remember what I look like today anyway. As long as my pictures look good, that's good enough for me.
SisterSomeone
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I get regular facials, I have a routine and a bunch of products that I got from my dermatologist, and I use botox to prevent lines from forming in the first place. I've experimented with fillers for the ones I already have, but I wasn't sold on the results. I felt like the filler made me look too smooth. I'm not trying to look like I'm 19, my goal is to look like the best 39 that I can possibly buy with money.
Mamaof5
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Retinol is about the only thing besides things like botox that is scientifically proven to reduce wrinkles. The prescription kind works the best but even that isn’t super effective.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic