Texas bill would put Chaplins in public schools

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Texas has introduced bills to require the Ten Commandments to be displayed in all public classrooms. They are also pushing a bill that would replace qualified and vetted school counselors with "Chaplins" at tax-payer expense.
The bill would permit school districts to hire chaplains who, unlike school counselors, are not required to be certified by the State Board for Educator Certification. A version of the bill already sailed through the state Senate last month, and the Texas House passed an amended version Tuesday evening in a vote that appeared to fall largely along party lines, with 89 voting in favor and 58 opposed.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/religion ... c-schools/
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Stuff like this makes me happy that I homeschool. I'm a Christian, but I absolutely cannot get behind things like this. No..just no.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 3:21 pm Texas has introduced bills to require the Ten Commandments to be displayed in all public classrooms. They are also pushing a bill that would replace qualified and vetted school counselors with "Chaplins" at tax-payer expense.
The bill would permit school districts to hire chaplains who, unlike school counselors, are not required to be certified by the State Board for Educator Certification. A version of the bill already sailed through the state Senate last month, and the Texas House passed an amended version Tuesday evening in a vote that appeared to fall largely along party lines, with 89 voting in favor and 58 opposed.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/religion ... c-schools/

Who's Patriot Mobile?

https://www.patriotmobile.com/who-we-are/
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Do their taxpayers like paying out for lawsuits?
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

jessilin0113 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 3:38 pm Do their taxpayers like paying out for lawsuits?
No. Texas wastes so much money it is asinine.
Locked Previous topicNext topic