Why

Anonymous 1

Unread post

RIZZY wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 12:17 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 7:32 pm
RIZZY wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 2:50 pm

It probably has to do with how the trucks are built. Most of the trailers for 18 wheelers are completely separate from the cab, whereas cars are all one piece. The cabs/trucks themselves are often owned or leased by one person/company, and the trailers are owned or leased by another company. There are many different types of truck and trailer combos so there may not be any one single outfit that would work with every type of truck and trailer out there.

I just don't see this as a huge inconvenience or pain.
It could be mounted on the side of the truck at an angle that they can see the side of the trailer. It's not difficult to angle a camera.
Its very much a pain when all of the traffic on the interstate is being forced into 1 lane to avoid going slow.
I'm not talking about the mounting. I'm referring to the electrical and the video/monitor wiring from the camera/trailer to the completely separate cab. The blinker lights on the trailer have electrical running from the back of the trailer to the front of the trailer where they have to be plugged into different wiring on the cab. I think it would be more difficult to outfit that with video wiring, especially when the cab and the trailer are owned by two separate people and each being outfitted separately. It sounds like you don't really understand how trucks like this operate. If it were that easy, all cabs and trailers would be doing it already. You think truck drivers want LESS safety?

I still don't think this is that big of a pain. You must have an extremely blissfull life for this to annoy you so much.
What part of mount it on the truck don't you understand? Sure it wouldn't help around corners but when they're driving straight like down the interstate it would. Absolutely no problem with the truck being owned by someone different or it being changed out because it wouldn't be on the trailer. Or if there was a regulated universal system they could put it on the trailers.
You must live where there's virtually no traffic because when 20 cars are trying to go into 1 lane because a selfish driver won't move into the proper lane it's a huge pain and slows everyone else down. The logical solution would be simply for the truck to go under the speed limit in the lane it's legally supposed to be in but apparently that's just too much to ask.
If I was driving my car in the middle lane under the speed limit I'd be considered hindering traffic and everyone on here would jump on me (rightfully so) for being in the wrong and forcing traffic to move around me but it's no big deal when it's a tractor trailer? Nope I don't buy it. Yes they do an important job but so many jobs are important and we need to stop holding them on a pedestal.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 1:41 pm
RIZZY wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 12:17 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 7:32 pm

It could be mounted on the side of the truck at an angle that they can see the side of the trailer. It's not difficult to angle a camera.
Its very much a pain when all of the traffic on the interstate is being forced into 1 lane to avoid going slow.
I'm not talking about the mounting. I'm referring to the electrical and the video/monitor wiring from the camera/trailer to the completely separate cab. The blinker lights on the trailer have electrical running from the back of the trailer to the front of the trailer where they have to be plugged into different wiring on the cab. I think it would be more difficult to outfit that with video wiring, especially when the cab and the trailer are owned by two separate people and each being outfitted separately. It sounds like you don't really understand how trucks like this operate. If it were that easy, all cabs and trailers would be doing it already. You think truck drivers want LESS safety?

I still don't think this is that big of a pain. You must have an extremely blissfull life for this to annoy you so much.
What part of mount it on the truck don't you understand? Sure it wouldn't help around corners but when they're driving straight like down the interstate it would. Absolutely no problem with the truck being owned by someone different or it being changed out because it wouldn't be on the trailer. Or if there was a regulated universal system they could put it on the trailers.
You must live where there's virtually no traffic because when 20 cars are trying to go into 1 lane because a selfish driver won't move into the proper lane it's a huge pain and slows everyone else down. The logical solution would be simply for the truck to go under the speed limit in the lane it's legally supposed to be in but apparently that's just too much to ask.
If I was driving my car in the middle lane under the speed limit I'd be considered hindering traffic and everyone on here would jump on me (rightfully so) for being in the wrong and forcing traffic to move around me but it's no big deal when it's a tractor trailer? Nope I don't buy it. Yes they do an important job but so many jobs are important and we need to stop holding them on a pedestal.
If you were driving like these truckers, you would be reported.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic