Riley Gaines demands athletes BOYCOTT Adidas for having biological male model pose in new women's swimwear campaign that

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Some very simple minded people are all about black or white. Either you’re all in or all out, you can’t have an opinion that takes into consideration both sides and find a middle ground because anything short that full, unconditional, unquestioned acceptance of LGBTQ means you’re homophobic, transphobic or whatever kind of phobic they want to come up with.
I guess since she doesn’t keep kosher and probably doesn’t see a reason to keep kosher I can say she’s an antisemite, right? According to her “logic”.
AZOldCoot wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 11:25 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 11:01 pm
AZOldCoot wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 7:38 pm I know who Gaines is and I applaud her for standing up for biological women in sports despite the pushback directed at her that has even seen violence.

But these are commercials that can be ignored and are gone in less than a minute or a page being turned in a magazine.
I guarantee that the athletes she targets have received far more violence than she has, because she perpetuates her hateful views.
And? Is it a competition over who has dealt with more?

She has a right to her views. Whether you agree with them or not isn't relevant. Remember? That's what you've written to other's here when you've had your opinions questioned on this type of topic.

Or have you found yet another thread where you can cite other's for what you perceive are "phobias"?
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
Deleted User 1511

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 3:13 pm Some very simple minded people are all about black or white. Either you’re all in or all out, you can’t have an opinion that takes into consideration both sides and find a middle ground because anything short that full, unconditional, unquestioned acceptance of LGBTQ means you’re homophobic, transphobic or whatever kind of phobic they want to come up with.
I guess since she doesn’t keep kosher and probably doesn’t see a reason to keep kosher I can say she’s an antisemite, right? According to her “logic”.
Olioxenfree wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 11:01 pm

I guarantee that the athletes she targets have received far more violence than she has, because she perpetuates her hateful views.

She has a right to her views. Whether you agree with them or not isn't relevant. Remember? That's what you've written to other's here when you've had your opinions questioned on this type of topic.

Or have you found yet another thread where you can cite other's for what you perceive are "phobias"?
In your opinion, what would be a fair "middle ground"?
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Well, I for once, do believe that there needs to be more scientific research before we even attempt to talk about the transgender athlete issue. This isn’t a political issue, it’s a scientific one and neither side should use it as a platform to push their views.
But I don’t support in any way or form any demeaning, bullying, marginalizing or mistreatment of people who come out as transexual. This issue isn’t about vilifying and demeaning people, this issue is about finding fairness for ALL now that we’re faced with these circumstances. If research finds that male born transitioning athletes do have a physical advantage over born female athletes, then we’ll have to find a fair solution.
So do I support just having male born athletes competing with women just because we shouldn’t make them feel excluded? No. But I also think that if the proof shows that it’s not a factor then they shouldn’t be excluded.
WellPreserved wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 3:23 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 3:13 pm Some very simple minded people are all about black or white. Either you’re all in or all out, you can’t have an opinion that takes into consideration both sides and find a middle ground because anything short that full, unconditional, unquestioned acceptance of LGBTQ means you’re homophobic, transphobic or whatever kind of phobic they want to come up with.

❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
Deleted User 1511

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 3:30 pm Well, I for once, do believe that there needs to be more scientific research before we even attempt to talk about the transgender athlete issue. This isn’t a political issue, it’s a scientific one and neither side should use it as a platform to push their views.
But I don’t support in any way or form any demeaning, bullying, marginalizing or mistreatment of people who come out as transexual. This issue isn’t about vilifying and demeaning people, this issue is about finding fairness for ALL now that we’re faced with these circumstances. If research finds that male born transitioning athletes do have a physical advantage over born female athletes, then we’ll have to find a fair solution.
So do I support just having male born athletes competing with women just because we shouldn’t make them feel excluded? No. But I also think that if the proof shows that it’s not a factor then they shouldn’t be excluded.

I don't disagree with you but what should transgender men and women athletes do while waiting on the science?
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 4:16 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 3:30 pm Well, I for once, do believe that there needs to be more scientific research before we even attempt to talk about the transgender athlete issue. This isn’t a political issue, it’s a scientific one and neither side should use it as a platform to push their views.

I don't disagree with you but what should transgender men and women athletes do while waiting on the science?
I know you didn’t ask me, lol but I’d support tax dollars going to a unisex league so athletes have a choice until science catches up or we are able to find a compromise that works for everyone, not just one group.
Deleted User 1511

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 4:22 pm

I know you didn’t ask me, lol but I’d support tax dollars going to a unisex league so athletes have a choice until science catches up or we are able to find a compromise that works for everyone, not just one group.
While certainly not a bad idea, there are only a handful of transgender athletes across multiple athletic fields so practically, I'm not sure how that would work. Also, would we have to separate transgender men and transgender women?
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 4:39 pm

While certainly not a bad idea, there are only a handful of transgender athletes across multiple athletic fields so practically, I'm not sure how that would work. Also, would we have to separate transgender men and transgender women?
It wouldn’t be for just transgenders. It would be for any athlete who wants to compete regardless of biological gender. For example, I do know a few straight women who wanted to play football with men but weren’t allowed too.

Also, if the notion that kids under 30 don’t care is correct, there will be a good number of student participating.

What would you consider a fair compromise? That’s all I have been able to think of.
Deleted User 1511

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 4:55 pm

It wouldn’t be for just transgenders. It would be for any athlete who wants to compete regardless of biological gender. For example, I do know a few straight women who wanted to play football with men but weren’t allowed too.

Also, if the notion that kids under 30 don’t care is correct, there will be a good number of student participating.

What would you consider a fair compromise? That’s all I have been able to think of.
Sorry, I was confused. I can see all-gender inclusive leagues eventually but that would take some time to build not just at the high school level but at the collegiate, olympic, and professional level.

I don't know what a fair compromise would be, honestly. At the same time, I thought this was all worked out with Renee Richards over 50 years ago, lol.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 5:01 pm

Sorry, I was confused. I can see all-gender inclusive leagues eventually but that would take some time to build not just at the high school level but at the collegiate, olympic, and professional level.

I don't know what a fair compromise would be, honestly. At the same time, I thought this was all worked out with Renee Richards over 50 years ago, lol.
It would be a huge investment but we have to do something because the fighting with no action is getting us no where.
Deleted User 1511

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 5:04 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 5:01 pm

It would be a huge investment but we have to do something because the fighting with no action is getting us no where.
We do have to do something, I agree. If I were in charge, I would allow K-6 students to play on the team of their identifying S*x as there is basically little physical difference between pre-pubescent girls and boys. At the 7-12 level, I would require that transgender students' hormones (rather than chromosomes) be tested to determine eligibility to play on the team that they identify (I find is really disturbing that some states are contemplating a genital test). At the collegiate level, students should have to have legally changed their gender and hormone levels tested. Same for Olympic and professional level.

That's all I've got and I realize that the above is filled with problems, i.e., what about states that don't allow minors to receive gender affirming care?

There are roughly 50 transgender men and women out of 200,000 NCAA athletes so I think we should be able to come up with something but we're never going to please everyone!
Locked Previous topicNext topic