Riley Gaines demands athletes BOYCOTT Adidas for having biological male model pose in new women's swimwear campaign that

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 2267

Unread post

Does anyone remember when we used to just watch commercials on TV, not like them and then move on with our lives without a second thought about the stupid commercial we didn’t like…

Those were the days.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Bobcobbagob wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 6:03 pm Does anyone remember when we used to just watch commercials on TV, not like them and then move on with our lives without a second thought about the stupid commercial we didn’t like…

Those were the days.
That’s how I feel. If you don’t like the Adidas commercial don’t buy their shoes. Don’t go destroying Bud Light bottles just switch to to fosters or whiskey. It’s really nbd.
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

I know who Gaines is and I applaud her for standing up for biological women in sports despite the pushback directed at her that has even seen violence.

But these are commercials that can be ignored and are gone in less than a minute or a page being turned in a magazine.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 6:59 pm
Bobcobbagob wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 6:03 pm Does anyone remember when we used to just watch commercials on TV, not like them and then move on with our lives without a second thought about the stupid commercial we didn’t like…

Those were the days.
That’s how I feel. If you don’t like the Adidas commercial don’t buy their shoes. Don’t go destroying Bud Light bottles just switch to to fosters or whiskey. It’s really nbd.
Isn’t that Bud Light drama over an IG post?
hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

There are other things that need to be boycotted.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Wait, they are mad that they used models who have penises wearing women’s bathing suits… for the pride collection… that’s a whole new level of “they NEED to RESPECT my PREFERENCES.” Anyone can wear any bathing suit as long as generals are covered according to law, get over it and stop trying to use women’s rights as a cover for your phobias.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

AZOldCoot wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 7:38 pm I know who Gaines is and I applaud her for standing up for biological women in sports despite the pushback directed at her that has even seen violence.

But these are commercials that can be ignored and are gone in less than a minute or a page being turned in a magazine.
I guarantee that the athletes she targets have received far more violence than she has, because she perpetuates her hateful views.
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 11:01 pm
AZOldCoot wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 7:38 pm I know who Gaines is and I applaud her for standing up for biological women in sports despite the pushback directed at her that has even seen violence.

I guarantee that the athletes she targets have received far more violence than she has, because she perpetuates her hateful views.
And? Is it a competition over who has dealt with more?

She has a right to her views. Whether you agree with them or not isn't relevant. Remember? That's what you've written to other's here when you've had your opinions questioned on this type of topic.

Or have you found yet another thread where you can cite other's for what you perceive are "phobias"?
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

AZOldCoot wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 11:25 pm

She has a right to her views. Whether you agree with them or not isn't relevant. Remember? That's what you've written to other's here when you've had your opinions questioned on this type of topic.

Or have you found yet another thread where you can cite other's for what you perceive are "phobias"?
She has a right to have her views. She doesn’t have a right to demand the discrimination of others because of her transphobic views.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 4:45 am
AZOldCoot wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 11:25 pm

She has a right to have her views. She doesn’t have a right to demand the discrimination of others because of her transphobic views.
It has nothing to do with transphobia.
Locked Previous topicNext topic