Religious man denied entry to basketball game because of his dagger

SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:00 am I mean… sorry. I’ve got a few friends that carry a handgun religiously and think they’re “putting on the full armor of God” like the Bible tells them to… that doesn’t mean they should be allowed to carry it anywhere they want.
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:26 pm
Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:35 pm
BobCobbMagob wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:00 am I mean… sorry. I’ve got a few friends that carry a handgun religiously and think they’re “putting on the full armor of God” like the Bible tells them to… that doesn’t mean they should be allowed to carry it anywhere they want.
What religion professes that putting on the full armor of God includes guns? I have never seen that in any bible study I went to.
Plenty of Christians… Gun Lovin’ Jesus is big around the Midwest/ South…AADA7A2B-42CF-4B96-B30F-963F9E23EF0A.jpegB7E5C352-C39B-4DD3-9D4D-8D50FAD883BA.jpeg5D26F816-71AD-406C-82A4-6FB99E7CCE8B.jpeg
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 @ Jesus holding a gun.

Im laughing because that’s true. It may not say it literally in the Bible but some people do treat guns like a religion down south.
Conweis
Regent
Regent

Unread post

As long as it is secure to the sheath, it should be fine. If not, I guess he will be watching the game on TV
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

They can be in checked in bags, not carried on person or in carryon bags. Even then, some airports and airlines have overall size restrictions such as a blade has to be less than 3 inches and the handle has to be less than 3 inches making the over all length less than 6 inches.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:08 pm I agree. I’m wondering how do they travel when even plastic knives aren’t allowed in planes? 🤷🏼‍♀️
KendallsMom wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:21 am That's a tough one.
I
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:06 pm
Lemons wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:53 pm
BobCobbMagob wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:26 pm

Plenty of Christians… Gun Lovin’ Jesus is big around the Midwest/ South…AADA7A2B-42CF-4B96-B30F-963F9E23EF0A.jpegB7E5C352-C39B-4DD3-9D4D-8D50FAD883BA.jpeg5D26F816-71AD-406C-82A4-6FB99E7CCE8B.jpeg
The Bible sure does tell a lot of people to do a lot of things. I thought Jesus was a pacifist? Is there something in the Bible they’ve misinterpreted to make them think Jesus would be a gun nut?
He’s only a pacifist until you do something that REALLY pisses him off… at that point he’ll whip you with a cord until you stumble out of his space.

140F2E58-6E51-4DC4-95CA-31556BC61F98.jpegF98B7636-8B68-4D60-BB49-29A94459515F.jpeg
That was two occasions and probably because the money changers were cheating people. From what i gather Jewish law required a temple tax. But they wouldn’t accept foreign currency so hence the money changers. They were charging incredibly high fees to Jews who had no choice but to pay it. Hence Jesus driving them out saying they turned his father’s house into a den of thieves. I mean sometimes pacifism just doesn’t do the trick. For all we know He appealed to Jewish and Roman authorities who maybe didn’t care if the money changers bilked a few foreigners. Bible doesn’t say other than Jesus took matters into his own hands. I always thought it represented a side one doesn’t much see: a frustrated human being dealing with people who just didn’t get it. Sometimes they even refused to get it. I’d probably kick over some tables myself.
https://www.gotquestions.org/money-chan ... Bible.html
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:58 pm
Lemons wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:53 pm

The Bible sure does tell a lot of people to do a lot of things. I thought Jesus was a pacifist? Is there something in the Bible they’ve misinterpreted to make them think Jesus would be a gun nut?
He’s only a pacifist until you do something that REALLY pisses him off… at that point he’ll whip you with a cord until you stumble out of his space.

140F2E58-6E51-4DC4-95CA-31556BC61F98.jpegF98B7636-8B68-4D60-BB49-29A94459515F.jpeg
That was two occasions and probably because the money changers were cheating people. From what i gather Jewish law required a temple tax. But they wouldn’t accept foreign currency so hence the money changers. They were charging incredibly high fees to Jews who had no choice but to pay it. Hence Jesus driving them out saying they turned his father’s house into a den of thieves. I mean sometimes pacifism just doesn’t do the trick. For all we know He appealed to Jewish and Roman authorities who maybe didn’t care if the money changers bilked a few foreigners. Bible doesn’t say other than Jesus took matters into his own hands. I always thought it represented a side one doesn’t much see: a frustrated human being dealing with people who just didn’t get it. Sometimes they even refused to get it. I’d probably kick over some tables myself.
And that’s only in the King James Version… in the Gnostic version that includes a bunch more books he’s killing people left and right for pissing him off…he brings them back though so alls well that ends well

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infancy ... _of_Thomas
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

This isn't religious discrimination. They aren't denying the item based on his religion. They are denying the item because it is a bladed weapon, and they are denying ALL bladed weapons regardless of religion. Just like they would deny all guns regardless of religion or state/federal laws. That's because it's a private entity and they are allowed to make those kinds of rules for entry. It's a sports venue. It's pure entertainment. There is no life requirement to be able to enter. So either you follow their rules or you don't enter. Those are your choices.

That being said, I agree with someone else that if he had called ahead of time and talked to someone there about his situation they might have been willing to work with him on a compromise. But when he just shows up to a major entertainment venue with what appears to be a bladed weapon, he's going to be asked to either remove it or leave. Just like everyone else.
newyearnewring
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I don't feel as though this is religious discrimination. I also think there should be a line drawn between something like the right to public education and the right to attend a recreational basketball game. There are plenty of religious tenets that people find a work around for because they need a modern interpretation to live freely in modern times. I don't know if I agree that a zip tie is a good compromise but I'm sure there's a good one out there.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:15 pm
Pjmm wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:58 pm

And that’s only in the King James Version… in the Gnostic version that includes a bunch more books he’s killing people left and right for pissing him off…he brings them back though so alls well that ends well

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infancy ... _of_Thomas
I’ve heard of the book of Thomas. But it sounds crazy and not written by one of his disciples. First it seems out of character. Jesus is human but this makes him seem like a serial killer. If your average child hurts someone they’re remorseful. Jesus sounds like anything but. It also seems to me that if Jesus did go around creating birds and killing children he’d been ostracized as someone who was possessed. Maybe Mary and Joseph might have provided him shelter because they were afraid but i guarantee no one would be his disciple. And why wait until he was in his thirties to crucify him? One would think someone would have tried a lot sooner. Hell he wouldn’t even be allowed in the temple at the age of 12 to preach like Luke says he did. My guess is he didn’t completely manifest his powers until he was baptized and fasted in the desert. And didn’t publicly do anything until the whole water into wine at the wedding. Finally none of the other gospels confirm any of this. Sounds like some second century writer with an overactive imagination to me.
Locked Previous topicNext topic