Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Yep — my teeth suck, can relate.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:31 pm That's me and DH. He has perfect teeth. He's had one cavity since I met him. Me, I look at sugar and 3 of my teeth immediately get cavities lol. And my 2 boys have never had a cavity.

The only thing that has ever helped me is Sensodyne. Avoid the whitening kind, but I use Sensodyne Pronamel. It has significantly cut down on the amount of cavities I get. I used to get 4-5 a year, now I get maybe one or two. A lot is genetics though and that'll play a bigger role than anything. And if he drinks pop or sugary drinks he needs to either stop or immediately brush his teeth after, otherwise that sugar will sit on his teeth all day until he brushes them again. I will occasionally drink pop but I brush my teeth right after I'm done.
I've heard/read that brushing your teeth right after drinking pop can be worse for them.
hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

That’s the case with my 2 youngest. One has bad teeth while the youngest, who loves sweets, hasn’t had Ava out. They are 23 and 21.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Does he get fluoride brushed on his teeth during his dental visits? We have well water so me and DH and our kids all get the fluoride "painted" on our teeth after they clean them. Insurance does not cover it so it's 20 bucks each but I think it's worth it. A lady I work for has so many teeth issues as well and she is so put together and I just know she takes care of herself and her teeth, but yet she has so many issues with teeth breaking and has to get crowns and fillings quite often.
Heyteacher
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

That’s us in reverse. My hubby has had 1 cavity and only his wisdom teeth removed.

Me-I’m dentist phobic due to a bad experience as a child—so I am petrified even if a cleaning. I am in the process of massive restorative work currently—next up 2 crowns and then a soft partial.

I highly recommend him asking about laughing gas. Insurance won’t cover it but it is worth every penny. My last appointment was over an hour long but I felt like I was only there for minutes.
Locked Previous topicNext topic