Kenny G is asking court to stop making him pay $40,000 a month in alimony

Anonymous 1

Unread post

He says he just can't afford it anymore. Due to covid all his concerts were cancelled severely limiting his income over the past 3 years. He has paid faithfully for the last 10 years totaling $3.9 million. He says it's time for her to support herself. I really feel for him in this situation. If he doesn't have it he doesn't have it.

https://www.tmz.com/2023/03/18/kenny-g- ... nzyEtssvm0
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I know this is not always popular opinion, but I think alimony is outdated. I am fine with splitting all wealth at the time of the divorce, but after that…

I teach my kids, you need to always be ready to support yourself and any dependents, and should always consider this when making decisions about sacrificing your career & earning potential to support a spouse in their career.

Furthermore as the higher earner, I would be livid if I had to pay alimony to my husband. F that! I am totally on Team Kenny G even if he had the money, lol.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Oh cry me a river. Sell one of your houses and pay up Kenny.
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

If he can't pay, he just can't.

Plus, there could be other financial issues that TMZ has yet to uncover (but undoubtedly they'll try).
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Honestly, I have no damns to give to either one.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:02 pm Oh cry me a river. Sell one of your houses and pay up Kenny.
Why should he have to pay for her to live if they are divorced and she's fully capable of working? I do not understand alimony after about 2 years if you're a stay-at-home wife or stay-at-home parent that gives you plenty of time to get off your ass and go find a F***ing job to take care of yourself a man should not be forced to take care of his ex-wife for the rest of her life to sit on her lazy ass just because they decided that they wanted to divorce.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:56 am I know this is not always popular opinion, but I think alimony is outdated. I am fine with splitting all wealth at the time of the divorce, but after that…

I teach my kids, you need to always be ready to support yourself and any dependents, and should always consider this when making decisions about sacrificing your career & earning potential to support a spouse in their career.

Furthermore as the higher earner, I would be livid if I had to pay alimony to my husband. F that! I am totally on Team Kenny G even if he had the money, lol.
Me too! The only thing i think differently on is if one was a sahp for their marriage but then after 1-2 years it should stop. They should be more than capable of caring for themselves by then and just getting child support if they have kids
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

If he can no longer afford that amount, an adjustment is fair. Regardless, of whether the ex wife is capable of working or is working and still receives alimony from him, is not an issue in my opinion. When they married and later divorced, this was the mutual understanding and agreement.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:02 pm Oh cry me a river. Sell one of your houses and pay up Kenny.
Maybe I’m just low maintenance and a sucker. But I’d been happy with 40 grand a month. Hell I could live quite happily on 10 grand if it comes to it. Ten years of sitting on my behind? Sure Kenny we’ll figure it out. Unless the guy was abusive or something. I have no idea why they divorced just that 3.9 million would set me up for a while. 😀
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:38 pm
Why should he have to pay for her to live if they are divorced and she's fully capable of working? I do not understand alimony after about 2 years if you're a stay-at-home wife or stay-at-home parent that gives you plenty of time to get off your ass and go find a F***ing job to take care of yourself a man should not be forced to take care of his ex-wife for the rest of her life to sit on her lazy ass just because they decided that they wanted to divorce.
Because that's not how alimony works. It's not an arbitrary payment given to a spouse until they find a job. It's part of a divorce settlement with the amount and duration determined by the court. Regardless of what Kenny's ex-spouse is current making or not making, he is required to honor that settlement agreement.

Now Kenny G can ask the court to change the alimony payments due to his change in income but he can't ask the court to reduce or stop alimony payments just because he's pissed that his ex wife isn't making more money. As the large holder of an investment and property portfolio and reported net worth of $100 million, he may have trouble convincing a court that he's destitute.
Locked Previous topicNext topic