How do people even find the time to launch such ridiculous lawsuits…

Deleted User 1977

Unread post

If I'm thinking of the chicken as a whole fryer, the wings are dark meat. BWW's states that their "wings" are white meat.

Does the man understand this?

He's either in need of some cash or he's attempting to set a precedent, which indicates to ME that he really doesn't understand the anatomy of a chicken.
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

AZOldCoot wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:19 am If I'm thinking of the chicken as a whole fryer, the wings are dark meat. BWW's states that their "wings" are white meat.

He's either in need of some cash or he's attempting to set a precedent, which indicates to ME that he really doesn't understand the anatomy of a chicken.
Or he’s fully aware of the anatomy of a chicken and is pissed that they price it as wing meat when it’s not.
The lawsuit makes the case that whether the product is made of wing meat is relevant for two reasons. Firstly, it says, restaurants often charge more for wings than for nuggets. Secondly, it says, customers might not buy the product if they knew it was not actually made of wing meat, or at least might be unwilling to pay as much as Buffalo Wild Wings is charging.
https://www.boston.com/food/food-news/2 ... ngs/?amp=1
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:49 am
Inmybizz wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:05 pm Is it wing meat or chicken breast strips in wing sauce? If the wings aren’t made of wing meat they should be called something else or it should stated wings are made from breast meat.

I believe it is consumer fraud..However, I don’t eat boneless wings so I would not be that invested in the truth.
Boneless wings have always been chunks of white meat covered in sauce. Every restaurant I've ever been to that serves wings/boneless wings used white meat chunks of chicken even places like pizza hut and papa johns.
I didn’t know that. If I ordered boneless wings I would think I was getting a deboned wing piece of meat.
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

mommy_jules wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:02 pm
AZOldCoot wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:19 am If I'm thinking of the chicken as a whole fryer, the wings are dark meat. BWW's states that their "wings" are white meat.

Or he’s fully aware of the anatomy of a chicken and is pissed that they price it as wing meat when it’s not.
The lawsuit makes the case that whether the product is made of wing meat is relevant for two reasons. Firstly, it says, restaurants often charge more for wings than for nuggets. Secondly, it says, customers might not buy the product if they knew it was not actually made of wing meat, or at least might be unwilling to pay as much as Buffalo Wild Wings is charging.
Yet, BWW notes it's white meat used for their "wings."

It's a frivolous lawsuit.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

mommy_jules wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:02 pm

They charge less for boneless than they do traditional wings. At most places, it’s actually more economical to buy boneless, not only are you getting more meat but at a lower cost. BWW charges about $3 less for boneless vs traditional for identical piece quantity. The most places that charge the same, with the exception of dominoes, actually give more pieces so like 10 traditional vs 15 boneless.

If someone sees the sizes of the boneless, there’s no way they can reasonably believe that it’s deboned wings. Deboning wings wouldnt produce substantial enough chunks to deep fry, not to mention without the skin which is high in collagen would change how it would need to be cooked.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:12 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:03 am
Baconqueen13 wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:33 am

Have they been? I do think legally speaking the wording/description does matter and will be the deciding factor. If the menu states they are white meat chunks then the guy clearly doesn't have a leg to stand on. Regardless I think it is a frivolous case and rather stupid to sue over but there have been some stupid frivolous cases that have been won on far less.
Yes they have. I've been to several BWW and in the description it says something similar to "chunks of white meat"
Well then the guy doesn't have a leg to stand on. Which is what I said in my first response.
Yep i was agreeing and answering your question.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Inmybizz wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:12 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:49 am
Inmybizz wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:05 pm Is it wing meat or chicken breast strips in wing sauce? If the wings aren’t made of wing meat they should be called something else or it should stated wings are made from breast meat.

I believe it is consumer fraud..However, I don’t eat boneless wings so I would not be that invested in the truth.
Boneless wings have always been chunks of white meat covered in sauce. Every restaurant I've ever been to that serves wings/boneless wings used white meat chunks of chicken even places like pizza hut and papa johns.
I didn’t know that. If I ordered boneless wings I would think I was getting a deboned wing piece of meat.
Then you obviously do not pay attention to the menu. It's clearly stated.
I don't even eat wings, bone in or boneless, and know this.

How exactly do you think that would come on your plate.... Just shredded chicken? That's really the only way you could get "boneless" wing meat.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Chicken wings are white meat. They just taste better because of fat that's similar to what's on a thigh or leg.
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:59 pm

Chicken wings are white meat. They just taste better because of fat that's similar to what's on a thigh or leg.
Well...shit. I stand corrected.

However, I still think his lawsuit is frivolous and even petty.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

To be fair I once argued with a cashier at KFC. At the time KFC would sometimes have specials on legs and thighs. So I asked this teen if they had a special on dark meat. She didn't know what I was talking about. At the time I had a cold, my son was sick, and all I wanted was to get my stupid food and go home. I said look get me an eight piece or whatever. I really just want dark meat, that's what we all like. Girl wasn't getting it. Just didn't understand what I meant by dark meat. Finally the guy behind me said she wants to know if you have a special on thighs and legs. This girl was like but it's all the same meat. No lady it's NOT, do you not eat chicken? Did you not sit at Thanksgiving and argue about the drumstick vs white meat? I lost some faith in teenagers that day, lol. So it's entirely possible this guy does not know the anatomy of a chicken. I think it's a stupid lawsuit. There's 50 other wing places just go to one of them.
Locked Previous topicNext topic