Neighborhood man angry over dog poop.

Anonymous 2

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:57 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:36 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:37 pm It’s rude and people shouldn’t do it. It isn’t a police matter, but people should still know better without him having to put a sign in his can. You don’t put your trash in someone else’s bin, especially when the trash can leave an unpleasant odor in the bin.
I remember being taught as a child "find the first trash can you can and throw your trash away" it's a trash can... It stinks anyway. People who get angry over others properly disposing of trash need some serious therapy.v
Apparently you weren’t taught not to touch other peoples personal property.
Its a trash can. 🙄 My neighbors do not care about silly things. They would rather trash make it to the trash can no matter who's trash can it is. Our treash cans are property of our town they are not owned by the individual.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:15 pm
BobCobbMagob wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:09 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:57 pm

Apparently you weren’t taught not to touch other peoples personal property.
As a side note here, I’m not anon 2… but lol

It’s a trash can outside… who gives a rats ass if someone throws something away in the trash can that’s about to be picked up by the trash truck… it’s just minutiae to be angered over.
Because if that trash was already picked up, that poop is now going to sit in the can for a week until the next trash day. It’s someone else’s property, they get to decide if they want you touching it or not. Don’t be lazy, properly dispose of your dogs waste.
And more stinky trash is going to places on top of that other stinky trash through out the week.

Placing the bag of trash aka poop in a trash can is properly disposing of it....

You do know that outdoor trash cans just stink in general don't you. I really thought you were smarter than this. Smh.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:41 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:19 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:06 pm

I don't know if it is their personal property though. These are town issued cans that are provided to you through your taxes. You can't take the cans with you if you move.
It’s still leased to me and no one should be touching it but me unless you are the government. We clean out our trash cans after trash pickup and don’t need to be fishing someone else’s dog poop bags out of the bottom because they were too lazy to carry it to their own trash can.
i agree that the person should take it home to dispose of or put it in a community dispose bin. But this part is just laughable. Are you going to say the same when a person picks through your recycling looking for cans? Or when the salvage truck comes around and takes a dryer that does not work that you put to the curb. The only reason I think you should take it home is one it is inconsiderate to dispose of pet waste in another person garbage. Here it’s put in our green bin (compost pickup) and most people store these bins in the garage. Plus if you use the wrong type of bag the bin will be stickered and not picked up for the week.
Rifling through other’s recycling or throwing away things in someone’s garbage is not the norm here at all. It’s creepy and not done in our neighborhood at all. No one would be laughing, I think they probably would call the authorities if someone was searching for cans.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:19 am
Olioxenfree wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:15 pm
BobCobbMagob wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:09 pm

As a side note here, I’m not anon 2… but lol

It’s a trash can outside… who gives a rats ass if someone throws something away in the trash can that’s about to be picked up by the trash truck… it’s just minutiae to be angered over.
Because if that trash was already picked up, that poop is now going to sit in the can for a week until the next trash day. It’s someone else’s property, they get to decide if they want you touching it or not. Don’t be lazy, properly dispose of your dogs waste.
And more stinky trash is going to places on top of that other stinky trash through out the week.

Placing the bag of trash aka poop in a trash can is properly disposing of it....

You do know that outdoor trash cans just stink in general don't you. I really thought you were smarter than this. Smh.
In our neighborhood, trash cans are viewed as private. Majority wash the trash cans weekly in warmer weather, so they are not all the stinky. We often freeze non-compost food waste until trash day to avoid flies and such. I am surrounded by retirees, so our neighborhood would be up in arms if random people just started throwing away dog poo in their cans, lol. Of course, most people would not have access to our trash cans, as we can only have them visible on trash pick up day.
Conweis
Regent
Regent

Unread post

If the trash hasn't been picked up yet, it's fine, but no one wants dog crap smell in the trash can for a week.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Not her trash can, I would be pissed as well. I have dogs. I pick up their poop and take it home with me and dispose of it in MY trash can. It's mine, I paid for it. You can throw whatever in YOUR can, stay away from mine. Bags break, maggots spring up, no thanks...
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:17 am
highlandmum wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:41 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:19 pm

It’s still leased to me and no one should be touching it but me unless you are the government. We clean out our trash cans after trash pickup and don’t need to be fishing someone else’s dog poop bags out of the bottom because they were too lazy to carry it to their own trash can.
i agree that the person should take it home to dispose of or put it in a community dispose bin. But this part is just laughable. Are you going to say the same when a person picks through your recycling looking for cans? Or when the salvage truck comes around and takes a dryer that does not work that you put to the curb. The only reason I think you should take it home is one it is inconsiderate to dispose of pet waste in another person garbage. Here it’s put in our green bin (compost pickup) and most people store these bins in the garage. Plus if you use the wrong type of bag the bin will be stickered and not picked up for the week.
Rifling through other’s recycling or throwing away things in someone’s garbage is not the norm here at all. It’s creepy and not done in our neighborhood at all. No one would be laughing, I think they probably would call the authorities if someone was searching for cans.
It's done here as if they take them in to a recycler they get 1.5 cents per can. So most just put them in the recycling box and on garbage night a few of what I would say are homeless come around on bikes with make shift wagons. They sort through the box looking for cans, and bottles. Some will even put out wine bottles and beer bottles in them for these people. As for the appliances is it not better for the scrap people to take them, and recycle them instead of them landing in a landfill site?

Why would you call the authorities if someone was searching for cans - seems like a overreaction for someone just looking for a way to make money. People in my area even have separate bins they put out that state - cans and bottles. They come by dump the bin and leave. I will say the ones that do go through make sure every little thing is put back in the boxes.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I just saw this (or very similar) on FB yesterday taken from a reddit group. Honestly, I see a lot of Anon posts in this group that look like they are taken from FB which is taken from reddit. No worries, still gives good discussion.

I think both people are being ridiculous.
#1 - When you are a dog owner, you pick up your dog's poop and you dispose of it in your own trash. Or if there is a community trash receptacle (like at the dog park) you put it in there. You do NOT put it in someone else's trash can. That's just being RUDE.

#2 - If someone is rude and puts something like that in your trash can without your permission, it's still just a trash can. It's not THAT big of a deal to me.

The only thing I will say that I can see it being a big deal is that the story I read online said that the lady put her poop bag in his trash can on trash day AFTER it was already emptied. So the poop bag is in the bottom of the bin and will sit there for a whole week. That's extra crappy to do to someone just because you don't want to carry your own dog's poop.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

A lot of posts I make on here are situations from my local fb group and I state as much. As you said it makes for good discussion. I never get anything from redditt. I don't go on there.
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:23 pm I just saw this (or very similar) on FB yesterday taken from a reddit group. Honestly, I see a lot of Anon posts in this group that look like they are taken from FB which is taken from reddit. No worries, still gives good discussion.

#1 - When you are a dog owner, you pick up your dog's poop and you dispose of it in your own trash. Or if there is a community trash receptacle (like at the dog park) you put it in there. You do NOT put it in someone else's trash can. That's just being RUDE.

#2 - If someone is rude and puts something like that in your trash can without your permission, it's still just a trash can. It's not THAT big of a deal to me.

The only thing I will say that I can see it being a big deal is that the story I read online said that the lady put her poop bag in his trash can on trash day AFTER it was already emptied. So the poop bag is in the bottom of the bin and will sit there for a whole week. That's extra crappy to do to someone just because you don't want to carry your own dog's poop.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I don't go directly to reddit either but a lot of AITA from reddit seems to make it onto FB and that's where I see it. I think because I've read a few of them the FB algorithm now gives them to me all the time. lol
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:30 pm A lot of posts I make on here are situations from my local fb group and I state as much. As you said it makes for good discussion. I never get anything from redditt. I don't go on there.
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:23 pm I just saw this (or very similar) on FB yesterday taken from a reddit group. Honestly, I see a lot of Anon posts in this group that look like they are taken from FB which is taken from reddit. No worries, still gives good discussion.

Locked Previous topicNext topic