Trashy Republicans have taken over the party

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Funny you say all that with all the clownery going on in the homeland.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:10 am Exactly. Just the fact that she “plays for the camera” when she’s supposed to be a politician, no a freaking clown shows her lack of common sense. That soap opera she threw during the Iron Dome vote backfired so badly because in trying to pander to both sides and she ended up antagonizing both. That also shows lack of common sense and frankly, intelligence and political savvy.
SouthernIslander wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:24 am
Aletheia wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:04 am

Watch this video of her when she's being professional and doing her job, rather than performing for an audience:

Whatever else you might think of her, a sub-normal IQ just doesn't match the reality.

And her having a sub-normal IQ is the perception deliberately created by the memes gleefully being passed around on multiple fight-wing forums that I visit.
This is an example of what Democrats need to quit doing. I’m not talking about one video the fits your narrative. It doesn’t change the multiple times AOC has done something stupid.

AOC is a walking meme….. MTG is a walking stereotype.
AOC is educated with no common sense just like Ben Carson and you need both to tackle centuries of American political trauma.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Aletheia wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:31 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:57 am as if racial profiling and oppression is something to play with or grand stand about.

I don’t care if she has 50 million degrees and videos on YouTube. That behavior is ignorant and disrespectful as hell to real victims.
“My mother met my father, a Bronx boy visiting isla family, at a young age. They married + moved to NYC – she didn’t even speak English. My parents started from scratch: new languages, new life, new everything. Then came me, and they moved to start over again so I could have an education.”

You think someone with that sort of Puerto Rico heritage has never faced being racially profiled herself?

None of which is relevant to the allegation someone made in this thread, that she is a "moron".

"Moron" was coined in 1910 by psychologist Henry H. Goddard from the Ancient Greek word μωρός (moros), which meant "dull" and used to describe a person with a mental age in adulthood of between 7 and 10 on the Binet scale. It was once applied to people with an IQ of 51–70

I’m a minority woman from Mississippi, who grew up 3 mins away from here Evers was assassinated. Big damn whoop.

And this is another thing Democrats need to quit doing…..

Stop pulling race card on minorities to win an argument and understand oppression olympics is not y’all’s friend.

AOC being Puerto Rican doesn’t change anything because not all minorities think the same.

You can still be a damn fool.
Aletheia
Regent
Regent

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:58 pm
I’m a minority woman from Mississippi, who grew up 3 mins away from here Evers was assassinated. []

AOC being Puerto Rican doesn’t change anything
Being born in Mississippi allows you to claim that AOC isn't a "real victim" of racial profiling?
Aletheia
Regent
Regent

Unread post

None of which is relevant to the allegation someone made in this thread, that she is a "moron".

"Moron" was coined in 1910 by psychologist Henry H. Goddard from the Ancient Greek word μωρός (moros), which meant "dull" and used to describe a person with a mental age in adulthood of between 7 and 10 on the Binet scale. It was once applied to people with an IQ of 51–70
Stop pulling race card on minorities to win an argument

The original allegation, made by AZOldCoot on the first page of this thread, was "Many in this country feel that AOC is a moron."

I explicitly stated that her race was not relevant to answering that allegation. (Which is the opposite of "pulling race card").

Whether she sometimes does foolish things, or has a foolish public style is also not the allegation in question.

The allegation is quite specific. Is she or is she not a moran (someone with an IQ between 51 and 70) ?

And I've provided evidence that this is not the case.

A few right wing posters here have conceded the point. Most have not.

I've also said that the practice of spreading meme pictures with entirely fabricated "quotes" is harmful. Not just to AOC, but to the health of political discourse as a whole. And that is something nobody has properly responded to yet.
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

Aletheia wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 3:16 am

The original allegation, made by AZOldCoot on the first page of this thread, was "Many in this country feel that AOC is a moron."

I explicitly stated that her race was not relevant to answering that allegation. (Which is the opposite of "pulling race card").

Whether she sometimes does foolish things, or has a foolish public style is also not the allegation in question.

The allegation is quite specific. Is she or is she not a moran (someone with an IQ between 51 and 70) ?

I've also said that the practice of spreading meme pictures with entirely fabricated "quotes" is harmful. Not just to AOC, but to the health of political discourse as a whole. And that is something nobody has properly responded to yet.
The allegations that she is a moron are absolutely not specific to the 1910 medical journals lol…

It means she says stupid shit. A lot.

BF5650BE-CC53-46D2-97B5-4EF9A95BB4DC.jpeg
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Aletheia wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 3:06 am
I’m a minority woman from Mississippi, who grew up 3 mins away from here Evers was assassinated. []

AOC being Puerto Rican doesn’t change anything
Being born in Mississippi allows you to claim that AOC isn't a "real victim" of racial profiling?
This is an example of why Democrats need to quit picking and choosing when to be “woke”.

No, being Black from Mississippi means oppression olympics is insulting my intelligence and to be deathly clear, I was raised by survivors not victims..so I was still held accountable for my behavior.

It doesn’t matter if AOC is Puerto Rican, using it for political showboating is still damaging to a movement and WAY too many died for me to condone her making a mockery out of it.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 8:54 am

The allegations that she is a moron are absolutely not specific to the 1910 medical journals lol…

It means she says stupid shit. A lot.

BF5650BE-CC53-46D2-97B5-4EF9A95BB4DC.jpeg
Exactly. I don’t give a shit if she is Puerto Rican or whatever.

She is still an idiot.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Oh so now it’s the practice of spreading memes that is at fault for AOC’s behavior.

No you haven’t provided evidence that AOC isn’t a pandering idiot.
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

Some will like you and some won't.

And that goes for everyone, including politicians.

Seems almost too simple but it's about as truthful and honest as it gets, and NO ONE owes anyone else an explanation as to why they like or dislike someone.... including politicians.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I'll drop my penny's worth in, lol.

I think AOC is a progressive. That's why she isn't liked.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Locked Previous topicNext topic