Trashy Republicans have taken over the party

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:58 pm
Francee89 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:27 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:53 pm

I wouldn't call it trashy, but Nancy Pelosi did rip up Trump's SOTU address. Last night's behavior was expected and Biden handled it well. I don't think the approval would be as high as it was if it had just been a "hoo-hum" SOTU.

Today's congressional hearings were a bit trashy too.
Surely you don’t mean this discussion of every American’s most pressing concern - Marge being “violated” by Twitter? (lol)

PAB, lol.
Does PAB stand for what I think it does? Lol
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:51 pm
Francee89 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:27 pm

Surely you don’t mean this discussion of every American’s most pressing concern - Marge being “violated” by Twitter? (lol)

PAB, lol.
Yup!

"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:56 pm

PAB, lol.
Yup!

Lmao!! I think that’s the first time I have ever noticed you some what cuss. 😂😂😂😂
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:01 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:56 pm

Yup!

Lmao!! I think that’s the first time I have ever noticed you some what cuss. 😂😂😂😂
Ha! IRL I uttered my first cuss word out loud about 10 years ago. Now I get eye-rolls from my kids over my trash talk at home! But writing I tend to keep it clean. I have dropped a few f-bombs on this site but not many. None at work - yet. I'm waiting until I turn 60.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:36 pm
AZOldCoot wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:33 pm 🙄

I can safely say from what I've been seeing from some of the Democrats, that "trashy" is not a label exclusively for the some of the Republicans.

THIS sort of bullshit only serves to divide our country, with the clowns from BOTH parties, further.
Which Democrats have interrupted a State of the Union address? Because that’s what this is about.

Didn’t Nancy Pelosi rip up Trump’s speech or something a few years ago?

Seems like she got backlash for something she did but I can’t remember.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:12 pm

I can safely say from what I've been seeing from some of the Democrats, that "trashy" is not a label exclusively for the some of the Republicans.

THIS sort of bullshit only serves to divide our country, with the clowns from BOTH parties, further.
Which Democrats have interrupted a State of the Union address? Because that’s what this is about.

Didn’t Nancy Pelosi rip up Trump’s speech or something a few years ago?

Seems like she got backlash for something she did but I can’t remember.
Yes, once the speech was over she sat and quietly ripped up her copy of the speech. It was bad manners. Most people thought it was rude and uncalled for. But nothing tops Marjorie in her all white outfit standing up and sounding like a fishwife after a few drinks.

And this was definitely not a southern thing. These clowns were from all over the country.
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

Unspoken words in a symbolic gesture that she garnered praise for...

Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

AZOldCoot wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:15 pm Unspoken words in a symbolic gesture that she garnered praise for...

They're both inappropriate, however, MTG is just gross.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

AZOldCoot wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:11 pm
Pjmm wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:59 pm
AZOldCoot wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:52 pm

Her title to her thread did.

Many in this country feel that AOC is a moron. Is it ok to write.."the moronic Democrats"?
It’s okay to write “moronic Democrats have taken over the party.” I honestly don’t care. If this damned state wasn’t closed primary I’d be independent. I hate both parties equally and the two party system with it.
My problem is some Democrats criticize AOC or Biden himself. Not enough Republicans criticize Trump or MTG. And when people do like Liz Cheney they’re shut down. You are judged by the company you keep after all. By not speaking out against her they are seen as trashy. Now if a Republican has I’ll take my statement back. But I feel they’re toeing the party line far too hard.
You may not care but a lot of people would and because that is just how badly this country has become divided.

It's literally become "our side is better than your side" in the U.S.

It's "prove to me I'm wrong and you're right."

I registered as an Independent over a year ago and because both major parties are an embarrassing joke to me. I could not attach my voting or sentiments to either the Republicans or the Democrats due to the antics of many of their members that no one in either party speaks out against.

For me, with few exceptions, BOTH parties have "trashy" Congressional leaders.
You’ve got a point about division. She could have rephrased it but my comment still stands. Republicans aren’t speaking out against MTG or Trump. And it bothers me because once I saw them as respectable. I thought of joining the GOP so I could have a say for who runs against Biden. And the thought makes me ill. Anyway I didn’t see her comment as all republicans are trashy but too many are. Just like not all Democrats are.
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

How about Nancy Pelosi ripping up Trumps speech during the middle of it?

This trashiness has been going on for a while…
Locked Previous topicNext topic