She is threatening to go after me for grandparent rights

Anonymous 6

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:12 pm
Anonymous 6 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:09 pm Why doesn't your ex have access to the children?
No
You can't say why he's not in their lives?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:53 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:12 pm
Anonymous 6 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:09 pm Why doesn't your ex have access to the children?
No
You can't say why he's not in their lives?
I apologize, I misread your comment. I thought you were asking if he has access.

I filed for abandonment after he cut off all contact with the kids. He lost all parental rights.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:26 am
Anonymous 3 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:43 am I started on MomConfessions ages ago when I was looking for advise on grandparent rights. I was in almost the same situation as you are except I was still married to my husband but he was out of the country for work.

I think it's pretty common for grandparents to threaten when they are feeling hurt and discarded but in actuality, grandparents who have not been caregivers don't really have any legal rights to see their grandchildren. IMO, realize that this is coming from a place of hurt and anger and if she has been a positive figure in your children's lives, you should let her rant, rave, and then cool off. Have a conversation with her after the cooling off period. You don't want to deny her visitation or deprive your kids of one of their grandparents simply because of an argument which escalated.
This is unforgivable in my eyes. The kids have never been close with her. They have 8 other grandparents that play an active role in their lives.
Wow, that’s a lot of grandparental figures.
wildflowers25
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Tell her good luck. Grandparents rights are vastly misunderstood and differ widely depending on where one lives.
Locked Previous topicNext topic