Jewish sect: Lev Tahor

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Aletheia
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I'm sorry, but they look ridiculous. That's all I have for now.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

It seems as if Lev Tahor is a smaller, more extreme version (if that's possible) of FDLS church. What is it about some of these closed patriarchal societies that see S*x with children somehow acceptable and sometimes divine, hiding behind religious protections. Ugh. This is heartbreaking for the women and children of Lev Tahor and other cults.

This is one of the advantages of internet and social media where even a cult in the jungle of Guatemala can be exposed.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

All religions have their share of cults and leaders desperate for power.
Aletheia
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:46 am I'm sorry, but they look ridiculous. That's all I have for now.
Um, that look is pretty standard for orthodox Judaism.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Yes, they’re considered a cult, they’re not recognized by any Jewish denomination.They have escaped from many countries, starting with Israel, then the US, then Canada and finally settled in Guatemala. A few years ago they crossed into Mexico and settled in the State of Chiapas, but, unlike Guatemala, Mexico’s government agreed to work with a Mossad team to raid the sect. I think the Interpol and the FBI were also involved. It was big news here in Mexico, especially amongst the Jewish community, who supported the Mexican government in their involvement with this raid. I don’t remember many details, but I think a couple of the leaders managed to flee back to Guatemala.
From there, I have no idea what has happened to them. They apparently keep moving, seeking asylum even in Iran 🤷🏼‍♀️
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

All social groups, not just religions. It’s human nature.
Baconqueen13 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:52 am All religions have their share of cults and leaders desperate for power.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Aletheia
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:39 am All social groups, not just religions. It’s human nature.
Baconqueen13 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:52 am All religions have their share of cults and leaders desperate for power.
I'd qualify that.

Belief systems compatible with the concept of 'privileged access to knowledge'. The idea that not only can entry level members be penalised for questioning teachings, but also that it is the natural way of things that their powers of reasoning do not have equal standing with the conclusions handed down from on high.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

And that actually goes against what Judaism teaches, which is to question, ask, learn and analyze the information. Blind faith isn’t an idea valued in Judaism. In fact the word commonly mistranslated as “faith”- emunah- isn’t exactly faith. A better translation is “trust”. And to have trust you need knowledge. You can only have trust in the things and people you know.
But then it’s something cult leaders encourage and even punish those who don’t do it.
Aletheia wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:07 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:39 am All social groups, not just religions. It’s human nature.
I'd qualify that.

Belief systems compatible with the concept of 'privileged access to knowledge'. The idea that not only can entry level members be penalised for questioning teachings, but also that it is the natural way of things that their powers of reasoning do not have equal standing with the conclusions handed down from on high.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Locked Previous topicNext topic