Florida prevents mom from stepping foot on school grounds

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:53 pm
jessilin0113 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:51 pm
Thelma Harper wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:45 pm Okay then...

What happens when someone calls and reports a convicted felon? Should they be allowed on school grounds with their kids?
If they've served their time, they should no longer be felons.
Shoulda, coulda, woulda. Some people still continue to hold it against them.
Well those people should kick rocks. If they were convicted but served their time and are otherwise not on trouble or on a S*x offender registry, they should be allowed to be with their kids.

Edit to add, that's what the school should have told the parent who complained about the OnlyFans mom, as well.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

jessilin0113 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:48 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:31 pm
jessilin0113 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:26 pm

Content that is available by pay subscription only is not "public display". It's not a reason to prevent her from being involved with her kids' school life.
Only Fans is a content sharing site for pay. So yes, the images are still made available to the public similar to social media.

Also, where did I say that was a reason to keep a parent away from their child at school or anywhere else?
To the last part, you didn't. I was referring to the originalarticle fkr that. For the first part, I'm not an OnlyFans expert but I'm pretty sure you have to be subscribed to someone's feed to see anything. It's not like Twitter or Instagram. Sharing pics and content otherwise violates OF terms of service.
It’s just like any other content sharing site from my experience. Terms vary from site to site but once you publicly share it..it’s out there because people SS and share. It’s treated with the same severity as buying a magazine and letting someone else read it.

Not saying it’s not a big deal but I have a bigger problem with the school districts’ irrational response than the parent who threw her under the bus.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:21 am
SouthernIslander wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:11 am
Olioxenfree wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:13 am

Yeah, no. It’s funny when the person saying that I need to learn how to disagree is telling me to shut the hell up because I disagreed with them. This is a discussion board, I am here to discuss. You don’t want to discuss? That’s fine, but you don’t tell people if they can comment or not just because they didn’t agree with you. I’d say that saying the mom isn’t a good fit for going to her child’s school because she legally makes adult content and that her desire to go to enter her child’s school is petty to be pretty outrageous, but I’m not telling you that you can’t say that.

If she were making adult content or smoking weed on school campus, that would be illegal and the banning would be legitimate. But, making adult content or smoking weed in privacy in states where it is legal is doing no harm to the child’s school and there is zero reason to exclude her. Studies show that children whose parents are involved in their child’s education have a statistically better chance at doing well in school, it’s not “brownie points”, it’s facts. So yes, banning the mom when she has don’t nothing illegal or harmful to the school is harmful to the child.
No, maybe you need to listen to the feedback that you get from multiple people and stop being so damn annoying and weird all the damn time.

You’re one of those people who need to deal with real oppression to realize how F***ing ridiculous and petty you sound trying to chastise people all the time.

I really try not to be rude because I think you have a good heart you don’t know when to stop some times.
You are very much being rude, acting as if you know my life and what I’ve experienced and not experienced. You think I haven’t ever had to deal with oppression in my life because I assert that this mom has a right to go to her kids school activities? Get over yourself. The fact that I have been through a ton in my life is exactly why I won’t just shut up because someone tells me to if I have an opinion to state. This is a discussion board for discussing. People are going to disagree with you sometimes.
YOU quoted ME with that stupid ass comment accusing me of slut shaming like that’s gonna shame me into seeing shit your way and you do that annoying crap to people all the time.

Bottom line, I strongly encourage you to act like you have survived something and find you somebody else to play with. Going to the extreme of insulting my character without a damn good reason is gonna get you the rude comment you’re asking for.

Lastly, I didn’t give my opinion on the story until AFTER Bacon and Lemons answered my question. There was nothing for your ass to disagree with in the first place.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:29 pm

No, maybe you need to listen to the feedback that you get from multiple people and stop being so damn annoying and weird all the damn time.

You’re one of those people who need to deal with real oppression to realize how F***ing ridiculous and petty you sound trying to chastise people all the time.

I really try not to be rude because I think you have a good heart you don’t know when to stop some times.
You are very much being rude, acting as if you know my life and what I’ve experienced and not experienced. You think I haven’t ever had to deal with oppression in my life because I assert that this mom has a right to go to her kids school activities? Get over yourself. The fact that I have been through a ton in my life is exactly why I won’t just shut up because someone tells me to if I have an opinion to state. This is a discussion board for discussing. People are going to disagree with you sometimes.
YOU quoted ME with that stupid ass comment accusing me of slut shaming like that’s gonna shame me into seeing shit your way and you do that annoying crap to people all the time.

Bottom line, I strongly encourage you to act like you have survived something and find you somebody else to play with. Going to the extreme of insulting my character without a damn good reason is gonna get you the rude comment you’re asking for.
Yes, I did quote you. “actions have consequences. I am all for enjoying your youth but if you have full blown adult content on public display, there may be some opportunities you’re not a good fit for and life isn’t about seeing how far you can push the envelope” that is slut shaming. You don’t have to see it my way, doesn’t mean I’m going to stop voicing my thoughts on a public discussion forum. I’m not “playing” with anyone. You can trash talk and curse at me all you want if you don’t want to have a conversation. And that’s what I wanted, a conversation, if you jump to screaming how offended you are because I don’t agree with you and acting as if you know my entire life, that’s your right.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:33 pm

Yes, I did quote you. “actions have consequences. I am all for enjoying your youth but if you have full blown adult content on public display, there may be some opportunities you’re not a good fit for and life isn’t about seeing how far you can push the envelope” that is slut shaming. You don’t have to see it my way, doesn’t mean I’m going to stop voicing my thoughts on a public discussion forum. I’m not “playing” with anyone. You can trash talk and curse at me all you want if you don’t want to have a conversation. And that’s what I wanted, a conversation, if you jump to screaming how offended you are because I don’t agree with you and acting as if you know my entire life, that’s your right.
I did not quote you. I asked the ladies for more clarification and admitted that I was floating off little detail. Nothing I said justified you quoting me the way that you did and attacking my moral compass.

Slavery was over a very long time ago. I am in no way obligated to hold your political views and tolerate you shaming me when I don’t. It’s a white supremacist mentality that I will never take kindly too. And again, if you are such a huge campaign of oppression, you should be the last person in this group that I have to explain that too.

If your goal was a respectful conversation, I encourage you to re-evaluate your approach or be able to take the insults you give out but I’m not tolerating you treating me like you do other women in this group.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:28 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:33 pm

I did not quote you. I asked the ladies for more clarification and admitted that I was floating off little detail. Nothing I said justified you quoting me the way that you did and attacking my moral compass.

Slavery was over a very long time ago. I am in no way obligated to hold your political views and tolerate you shaming me when I don’t. It’s a white supremacist mentality that I will never take kindly too. And again, if you are such a huge campaign of oppression, you should be the last person in this group that I have to explain that too.

If your goal was a respectful conversation, I encourage you to re-evaluate your approach or be able to take the insults you give out but I’m not tolerating you treating me like you do other women in this group.
I never said you quoted me. And you werent asking anyone for any clarification in your original post, which is what I quoted. You were just saying that this woman deserves how she is being treated. You’re seriously comparing me not agreeing with this woman being banned from her child’s school, which is harmful to the child, because of her legal work in the adult industry to slavery and white supremacy?!? And you say that I take things too far. I’m honestly done with this conversation. And yes, it could have been a conversation. There has been zero respect in your responses so don’t talk to me about a respectful approach. Honestly I’m questioning your moral compass far far more after your replies than I did from your initial remark.
LaurieD
Peasant
Peasant

Unread post

I really hope she wins because that just isn't right. If she wanted to present her career at career day, sure, but her only fans has nothing to do with seaworld or band concerts.
LaurieD
Peasant
Peasant

Unread post

SoFloMom wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:04 am That’s horrible. I hope she sues that hypocrite of another parent (I mean, how else would they know she has an OF unless they are on OF looking)

Are they trying to say because it’s immoral or indecent behavior? Because that’s a slippery slope. What’s next? Can’t attend of you’re an unwed mother or your children have different fathers??
" how else would they know she has an OF unless they are on OF looking" That's s true!
LaurieD
Peasant
Peasant

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:26 pm

Oli..shut the hell up. I specifically said adult content since that basically covers everything from S*x to smoking weed. Also, I respectfully encourage you to learn how to disagree with me without going to the extreme of accusing me of harming a child because you’re doing too much for political brownie points.
Yeah, no. It’s funny when the person saying that I need to learn how to disagree is telling me to shut the hell up because I disagreed with them. This is a discussion board, I am here to discuss. You don’t want to discuss? That’s fine, but you don’t tell people if they can comment or not just because they didn’t agree with you. I’d say that saying the mom isn’t a good fit for going to her child’s school because she legally makes adult content and that her desire to go to enter her child’s school is petty to be pretty outrageous, but I’m not telling you that you can’t say that.

If she were making adult content or smoking weed on school campus, that would be illegal and the banning would be legitimate. But, making adult content or smoking weed in privacy in states where it is legal is doing no harm to the child’s school and there is zero reason to exclude her. Studies show that children whose parents are involved in their child’s education have a statistically better chance at doing well in school, it’s not “brownie points”, it’s facts. So yes, banning the mom when she has don’t nothing illegal or harmful to the school is harmful to the child.

I'm new to this site, to be honest your replies seem way more rude and "know-it-all" than hers did. I really don't see what she said that was all that awful.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

LaurieD wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:57 pm

I'm new to this site, to be honest your replies seem way more rude and "know-it-all" than hers did. I really don't see what she said that was all that awful.
Okay. Welcome to the site.

I don’t care about the rest. You’ll form your own opinion once you’ve been here longer and it doesn’t matter to me if it doesn’t change.
Locked Previous topicNext topic