First Baptist Church members must now sign sexuality oath opposing LGBTQ freedoms

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Quorra2.0 wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:12 am The wonderful thing about the First Amendment is that no one is required or forced to be a member of that church’s congregation. Do I agree with what the pastor is doing, absolutely not, which is why I’d never support the church beyond acknowledging their rights.
The First Amendment also allows the media to let the public know what goes on in these churches. As long as they remember it goes both ways. They can make their own policies but they need to stop trying to push Christian prayers and other Christian paraphernalia into public schools.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

The Catholics have the nuns and priests take vows of poverty not its members. Not a great idea to not allow them to have relationships because they’re human, they get lonely, they drink too much, they have babies with parishioners, pedophelia problems. They need to modernize in this department.

I’m not sure how they are so rich but it allows them to not require a demand for 10% of your income and keeps tuition relatively low at their schools.
Heyteacher wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:12 pm This example stands out on a national front.

You have spin off branches such as that which the Duggar’s follow-dancing is sinful as is drinking alcohol-let’s not forget it was Jesus who turned water into
Wine at a wedding.

The Jehovahs Witnesses are another example of extremism in religion.

Then you have the Catholics who take a vow of poverty yet have amassed a fortune in property over the centuries.

Alas at the end of the day-regardless of your religious affiliation we shall all be dead. If you’re a Christian you believe there will be a day of reckoning…and guess what, it’s not coming from your priest, your pastor or a contract you signed condemning a fellow man…

There are extremes in every branch of life-religious, political, educationally—everywhere.

Thelma Harper wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:57 pm
Heyteacher wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:50 pm They aren’t the divine-they are an organization run by mere mortals. Mortals who interpret the teaching and word to fit what ever teaching they deem to be truth.

If every denomination under the branch of Christianity taught and believes the same thing there wouldn’t be the need for denominations.

The baptists are an extreme example. Don’t want to follow their teachings then don’t be a baptist within their congregation. Easy peasy.

How are Baptists an extreme example?
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

SallyMae wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:13 pm They should have to guarantee that what they are teaching is true.
They do.
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:58 pm
Quorra2.0 wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:12 am The wonderful thing about the First Amendment is that no one is required or forced to be a member of that church’s congregation. Do I agree with what the pastor is doing, absolutely not, which is why I’d never support the church beyond acknowledging their rights.
The First Amendment also allows the media to let the public know what goes on in these churches. As long as they remember it goes both ways. They can make their own policies but they need to stop trying to push Christian prayers and other Christian paraphernalia into public schools.
That is not what the first amendment does…

Churches don’t have to let the media in or tell them anything about what goes on behind closed doors.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:40 am

Churches don’t have to let the media in or tell them anything about what goes on behind closed doors.
But the Media still has freedom of the press (still part of the first amendment) and can still report on what they discover......even if the churches don't like it. .......once again Bob, you are WRONG.
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

Thanks to all who replied to me!! Gave me some good, honest answers, and I appreciate it! 😊
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:38 am
SallyMae wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:13 pm They should have to guarantee that what they are teaching is true.
They do.
How so?
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

SallyMae wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:23 am
They do.
How so?
They say “ I guarantee this is true”.
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:59 am
BobCobbMagob wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:40 am

But the Media still has freedom of the press (still part of the first amendment) and can still report on what they discover......even if the churches don't like it. .......once again Bob, you are WRONG.
They can report on what they discover… but churches don’t have to let them in or tell them anything, which was my point.

I do like how you’ve capitalized “wrong” there though. Super impactful.
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:27 am
SallyMae wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:23 am

They do.
How so?
They say “I guarantee this is true”.
Example?
Locked Previous topicNext topic