Conroe brewery pulls out as venue for Kyle Rittenhouse rally against censorship

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:10 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:55 pm Exactly.
The way I see it, if I go to a caterer and ask for a kosher meal and they dismiss me because it’s not something they do and it’s a hassle, I can’t claim it’s because they’re discriminating against me because I’m Jewish. It’s just something they’re not prepared to do and shouldn’t be forced to do simply because I want it.
SouthernIslander wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:59 pm

Hell, I am protected class. Lol It’s a difference between not doing business with me because I’m a minority and not doing business with me because I’m an obnoxious asshole or a PR shit show waiting to happen.

That has nothing to do with my race and everything to do with my behavior.
Right. Contrary to popular belief, being a protected class isn’t privilege or a card we can pull when life doesn’t go our way. It’s not that simple at all. Lol
I would say that in discrimination cases, it’s definitely a privilege.

One that plenty of other groups don’t have, but deserve.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:25 pm
The way I see it, if I go to a caterer and ask for a kosher meal and they dismiss me because it’s not something they do and it’s a hassle, I can’t claim it’s because they’re discriminating against me because I’m Jewish. It’s just something they’re not prepared to do and shouldn’t be forced to do simply because I want it.

Right. Contrary to popular belief, being a protected class isn’t privilege or a card we can pull when life doesn’t go our way. It’s not that simple at all. Lol

Political views/parties does not deserve to be a protected class.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:36 pm
BobCobbMagob wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:07 pm

Would you say that about any protected classes of people,
Or does this sentiment only apply to non protected classes who want to rent a space that everyone else is allowed to rent?
Hell, I am protected class. Lol It’s a difference between not doing business with me because I’m a minority and not doing business with me because I’m an obnoxious asshole or a PR shit show waiting to happen.

This also has to do with my children because being gay and nonbinary is not a protected class therefore discrimination is fully legal against them and I have to explain to them why that is...

Its an actual conversation I had to have last week with them.

I get it... Its about " behavior" disapproval, not hate...Love the person hate the behavior and all that...but its also about allowing discrimination.

Either we are against discrimination or we approve of it with pride...
Under the Civil Rights Act of 1964 which doesn’t allow employment discrimination based on race, religion, national origin and S*x.

The court had to decide whether that last prohibition — discrimination “because of S*x” — applies to many millions of gay and transgender workers.

The decision to include gays and transgender in the protective class was decided in 2021. Gorsuch wrote. It is impossible, to discriminate against a person for being homosexual or transgender without discriminating against that individual based on S*x.” It took long enough.

And why would you think it was ok to discriminate against Muslims 20 years ago. People could not be discriminated against based on their religion and that was decided like 55 years ago.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Which groups do you think need to be considered a protected class?
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:30 am
BobCobbMagob wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:36 pm

This also has to do with my children because being gay and nonbinary is not a protected class therefore discrimination is fully legal against them and I have to explain to them why that is...

Its an actual conversation I had to have last week with them.

I get it... Its about " behavior" disapproval, not hate...Love the person hate the behavior and all that...but its also about allowing discrimination.

Either we are against discrimination or we approve of it with pride...
Under the Civil Rights Act of 1964 which doesn’t allow employment discrimination based on race, religion, national origin and S*x.

The court had to decide whether that last prohibition — discrimination “because of S*x” — applies to many millions of gay and transgender workers.

The decision to include gays and transgender in the protective class was decided in 2021. Gorsuch wrote. It is impossible, to discriminate against a person for being homosexual or transgender without discriminating against that individual based on S*x.” It took long enough.

And why would you think it was ok to discriminate against Muslims 20 years ago. People could not be discriminated against based on their religion and that was decided like 55 years ago.
Why do I think it happened? Because it happened.
People were merciless against Muslims after 9/11, we were discussing which clothes of theirs to make illegal, people were being kicked out of stores and restaurants for what they were wearing…

And yes, discrimination against gays, transsexuals and non-binary is Fully legal if the business owner feels their religious rights are being trampled on by being forced to serve them.
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:32 am

Which groups do you think need to be considered a protected class?
How about we just decide discrimination shouldn’t be allowed instead of deciding which groups should be spared from it and which people don’t matter.
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:12 am

Then I guess we’ll mark you down as a “yes” vote when it comes to embracing discrimination.

If you don’t learn from history, we’re bound to repeat it…Bring on the House Committee on Un-American Activities…we haven’t had to deal with this type of discrimination for a while, I guess we need a refresher course…
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:51 am

Then I guess we’ll mark you down as a “yes” vote when it comes to embracing discrimination.

If you don’t learn from history, we’re bound to repeat it…Bring on the House Committee on Un-American Activities…we haven’t had to deal with this type of discrimination for a while, I guess we need a refresher course…
So, in other words, when someone is being belligerent in a store and acting the fool, a business will no longer be allowed to ask them to leave.. Why? Because they are going to scream that they are a protected class and can't be discriminated against. Either a business has the ability to decide not to be associated with people like Rittenhouse, or they don't. According to you, he is being discriminated against and that is a no-no. He is not being discriminated against. Conroe's owner decided he didn't want to host this craziness at his place of business. It is his right as a business owner. If businesses are not allowed to make those decisions, that is infringing on them and their rights. Kyle Rittenhouse has every right to go in and get a beer when the little twit is 21 years of age. Nobody is stopping him. He just can't hold a rally there.
It's the same thing as the restaurant a few months ago that was protecting their staff by not allowing people to have a party there. They are loud mouths and the owner said no because the staff was uncomfortable. You were fine with that because the servers were LGBTQIA+, but now...you are not okay with RIttenhouse being turned away. Either it is okay or its not. It doesn't matter if the owner of the first place was doing it to protect his servers ( I applaud him for it!), he did the same exact thing as the brewery owner. He said no. Was that discrimination too in your book because they are anti-LGBTQIA+ and were told no they couldn't eat there? Rittenhouse is also a loud mouth little twit and was told no. So, now he is whining all over the place because a brewery said no thanks to having his rally there. Both establishments had the right to say no. You can't pick one over the other as they did the same exact thing. ( although the restaurant owner was shady and should have said no much sooner than an hour before hand).
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

No… not in other words… the situation you brought up where someone is yelling and screaming didn’t happen.

This is about renting a facility that everyone else is allowed to rent.

The situation you brought up is why people felt valid discrimination against most other groups that have been discriminated against… because they might bring trouble.

That’s a reason why Black people were discriminated against, Muslims were discriminated against, gays were discriminated against, hell it’s even why people who were thought to possibly have communist beliefs were discriminated against…
mcginnisc wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:40 am

So, in other words, when someone is being belligerent in a store and acting the fool, a business will no longer be allowed to ask them to leave.. Why? Because they are going to scream that they are a protected class and can't be discriminated against. Either a business has the ability to decide not to be associated with people like Rittenhouse, or they don't. According to you, he is being discriminated against and that is a no-no. He is not being discriminated against. Conroe's owner decided he didn't want to host this craziness at his place of business. It is his right as a business owner. If businesses are not allowed to make those decisions, that is infringing on them and their rights. Kyle Rittenhouse has every right to go in and get a beer when the little twit is 21 years of age. Nobody is stopping him. He just can't hold a rally there.
It's the same thing as the restaurant a few months ago that was protecting their staff by not allowing people to have a party there. They are loud mouths and the owner said no because the staff was uncomfortable. You were fine with that because the servers were LGBTQIA+, but now...you are not okay with RIttenhouse being turned away. Either it is okay or its not. It doesn't matter if the owner of the first place was doing it to protect his servers ( I applaud him for it!), he did the same exact thing as the brewery owner. He said no. Was that discrimination too in your book because they are anti-LGBTQIA+ and were told no they couldn't eat there? Rittenhouse is also a loud mouth little twit and was told no. So, now he is whining all over the place because a brewery said no thanks to having his rally there. Both establishments had the right to say no. You can't pick one over the other as they did the same exact thing. ( although the restaurant owner was shady and should have said no much sooner than an hour before hand).
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Bob….you’re trying to make Rittenhouse a victim by turning this into something it simply isn’t.

Bottom line, actions have consequences. If that rule applies to the kid who gets shot breaking in cars at 4 am…that damn sure goes for a teenager shooting people at a riot he shouldn’t have attended.

Be consistent.
Locked Previous topicNext topic