Biden classified documents discovered

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

What specifically are you calling Shenanigans on?

Should Biden have had any documents? No.
Should Trump have had any documents? No

It is well understood that on occasion some documents may not be returned due to human error during transitions and that they may get mixed in with other paperwork. That's
what we call oversight. It happens. It shouldn't but it does. That's why there are aides to try to make sure it doesn't happen and all files get returned to the appropriate departments. However mistakes are occasionally made. Aides are only human after all.

Thus it is how the discovery and RETURN of the documents is handled that is the issue.

Trump was treated "differently" because he KNOWINGLY took the documents, he was asked to return the documents by the National Archives and he refused which led to an FBI raid to retrieve them.

Biden did not know he had the documents (neither did the National Archives), he contacted the proper authorities and turned the documents in right away and conducted additional checks for any other missing documents and turned them in as well.

Biden followed the rules and protocols laid out in the event of an oversight......Trump did not.

And yes I would expect the DOJ to assign a special counsel in ANY case where classified documents are discovered in order to determine how the documents arrived at that location, who had access to them, and whether anything in those documents could be considered a threat to national security etc.. That is their JOB. It doesn't matter if it was in the hallway outside the oval office from an aide dropping a load of files....the documents weren't where they were supposed to be, it's the DOJ's job to find out the who, how, when. why, and what. (who had access, how did it get there, when was it there, why was it there, and what was in the documents?)

The only "Shenanigans" is in trying to claim that these events are in any way similar or in an attempt to use it as a "Gotcha" because "Biden had documents too"
BobCobbMagob wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:47 am Lol Yes yes… you reword news reports well.

Go a bit further than that now… and realize I’m calling shenanigans on that narrative.

That’s where we are in the conversation…
Baconqueen13 wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:18 am
BobCobbMagob wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:56 am
Lmao... Unsure of your position here?

You tend to get quite vulgar whenever you want to gloss over the meat of the thread...

But yeah... It doesn't matter which laws they broke, it only matters how they act once their crimes are found out...
Let me dumb it down for you again....

National archives did not know of Biden documents. They were found and turned over IMMEDIATELY upon discovery. NA said "hey do us a favor and conduct a review and search for any additional documents" and Biden said "we'll get right on that" and turned over IMMEDIATELY any additional documents found......total documents are less than 20 classified from all locations, NONE marked secret or top secret,

This would be like going shopping for groceries and as you load up your car you find a package of taco seasoning you forgot to scan so you return immediately to pay for it.

National archives knew records were missing with Trump and asked they be turned over. Trump said "No they're mine I declassified tem with my magical pea brain" and stalled. He also had over 11000 classified documents. Including top secret and secret documents.

This is like going in to go shopping, filling 2 carts full and just walking out and not paying for them and then claiming you're allowed because you know the manager.

If you don't understand the difference between these scenarios it's because you are either willfully ignorant or have an IQ of 12.
Della
Princess
Princess

BobCobbMagob wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:47 am Lol Yes yes… you reword news reports well.

Go a bit further than that now… and realize I’m calling shenanigans on that narrative.

That’s where we are in the conversation…

You tend to get quite vulgar whenever you want to gloss over the meat of the thread...

But yeah... It doesn't matter which laws they broke, it only matters how they act once their crimes are found out...

National archives did not know of Biden documents. They were found and turned over IMMEDIATELY upon discovery. NA said "hey do us a favor and conduct a review and search for any additional documents" and Biden said "we'll get right on that" and turned over IMMEDIATELY any additional documents found......total documents are less than 20 classified from all locations, NONE marked secret or top secret,

This would be like going shopping for groceries and as you load up your car you find a package of taco seasoning you forgot to scan so you return immediately to pay for it.

National archives knew records were missing with Trump and asked they be turned over. Trump said "No they're mine I declassified tem with my magical pea brain" and stalled. He also had over 11000 classified documents. Including top secret and secret documents.

This is like going in to go shopping, filling 2 carts full and just walking out and not paying for them and then claiming you're allowed because you know the manager.

If you don't understand the difference between these scenarios it's because you are either willfully ignorant or have an IQ of 12.
What is your take, or narrative if you will?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Carpy wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:42 pm
Baconqueen13 wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 2:35 pm Biden's lawyers immediately notified the Justice Department, Sauber said. He added that they were cooperating with the National Archives and the Department of Justice "in a process to ensure that any Obama-Biden Administration records are appropriately in possession of the Archives." https://www.wxxinews.org/npr-news/npr-n ... new-probes

The difference is HOW it is being handled.

Biden and his representatives are following procedure and notifying the archives and turning in all documentation and conducting more thorough checks to ensure that all documentation is returned.

Trump on the other hand went through a process of denial, excuses, trying to delay returning them and trying to falsely justify having them in the first place.Etc. Etc. Etc.

There's also the matter of how many documents were found with less than a dozen individual documents being found at Biden's previous office space (which can easily be attributed by oversight on the part of whomever was responsible for ensuring the documents were returned. Compared to over 11,000 documents and over 2 dozen boxes worth of classified material....that we know of

That said I'm sure the whole fiasco with Trump is probably what led the National archives and Justice Department to crack down on any previous oversight and obtain a full accounting of any missing documentation as well as an attempt to locate said documents as well as have more strict control over current documents being used during this administration.
Ahhh. I knew this was coming. The excuses for Biden.
I expected nothing less. They'll twist themselves into a pretzel to justify anything their party does, regardless of how treasonous it is. They're absolutely ridiculous.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Baconqueen13 wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:49 pm

Yes because. "Biden's attorney's found these documents and notified the authorities immediately and turned them over in accordance with the law" is the NOT the same scenario as "The National archives requested that Trump return the following 2 cases of documents and he refused and obstructed the return of the documents until the documents had to be retrieved with an FBI raid."

And pointing out the difference between them is an "Excuse" because Carpy is a brainwashed Maga Moron that wants to lick Trump's orange asshole.

Hey Big 12 - Only Presidents can declassify documents. Vice president's can NOT. That's the ONLY difference that's pertinent here. One thing is legal and the other is illegal.

Not even going to get into the difference of declassified documents being stored in a locked room inside of a home that has security and STILL classified documents being stored in a garage like a rusted screwdriver. Note the open accessibility when the garage door is up?

It must be rough for you to go through life with an IQ of 12. Maybe you can find someone to help explain all of this to you.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

I don't expect you to read or have the comprehension to understand but VP DOES have power to declassify some documents

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/01/13/us/p ... ndled.html

Can vice presidents declassify information?
Yes. Vice presidents have been deemed “original classification authorities” since March 2003, when President George W. Bush altered the executive order then governing the secrecy system to bestow that power on Vice President Dick Cheney. The current version of that order retained that arrangement.

https://www.federalregister.gov/documen ... nformation

Sec. 1.3.

Classification Authority. (a) The authority to classify information originally may be exercised only by:

(1) the President and, in the performance of executive duties, the Vice President;

(2) agency heads and officials designated by the President in the Federal Register; and

(3) United States Government officials delegated this authority pursuant to paragraph (c) of this section.

In short he can declassify documents if he was the one who classified them.

However, we are not discussing whether Biden declassified the documents. Biden himself already stated he did not and I already stated Biden shouldn't have had the documents. That's not what is being discussed. We are discussing how Biden followed protocol in returning the documents and thus the ENTIRE SITUATION differs from Trump and his classified documents case.

Valentina327 wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:45 pm

Hey Big 12 - Only Presidents can declassify documents. Vice president's can NOT. That's the ONLY difference that's pertinent here. One thing is legal and the other is illegal.

Not even going to get into the difference of declassified documents being stored in a locked room inside of a home that has security and STILL classified documents being stored in a garage like a rusted screwdriver. Note the open accessibility when the garage door is up?

It must be rough for you to go through life with an IQ of 12. Maybe you can find someone to help explain all of this to you.
hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Let’s not forget that Repubs also have to deflect from George Santos, who may be using aliases among other things.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

hotspice58 wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:05 pm Let’s not forget that Repubs also have to deflect from George Santos, who may be using aliases among other things.
Word is Santos might not even be a US citizen which would make him ineligible to hold office. The republican party is a hot F***ing mess right now but that's to be expected when they've thrown everything out the window including their morals(if they had any) just to "Stick it to the dems".
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Baconqueen13 wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:49 pm

Yes because. "Biden's attorney's found these documents and notified the authorities immediately and turned them over in accordance with the law" is the NOT the same scenario as "The National archives requested that Trump return the following 2 cases of documents and he refused and obstructed the return of the documents until the documents had to be retrieved with an FBI raid."

And pointing out the difference between them is an "Excuse" because Carpy is a brainwashed Maga Moron that wants to lick Trump's orange asshole.

Except Biden had them for 6 YEARS and according to him did NOT know he had them. Their existence surprised him. If he didn’t know he had them, how the hell does anyone know how they were kept, where they were kept and who had access to them.

Let’s add that they found some in November and some recently. They’ve been found in multiple locations and not necessarily securely stored. Hmmm, not too reassuring. I wonder how many more will be found.
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Valentina327 wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:45 pm

At least the corvette was safely locked up!
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

DSamuels wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:56 pm

Except Biden had them for 6 YEARS and according to him did NOT know he had them. Their existence surprised him. If he didn’t know he had them, how the hell does anyone know how they were kept, where they were kept and who had access to them.

Let’s add that they found some in November and some recently. They’ve been found in multiple locations and not necessarily securely stored. Hmmm, not too reassuring. I wonder how many more will be found.
And that's for the DOJ to figure out. Starting with where they were found and how they got there....hence the special counsel whose JOB is to investigate this.

Biden had documents= bad. Yes. Just as it was bad when Trump had documents......yet you bent over backwards to defend Trump who did NOT follow protocol for the return of the documents. Biden IS following protocol.

Trump did everything he could to keep those documents and obstruct the DOJ. Biden said "my bad, here you go" and gave them back and is allowing the DOJ do their job without interference.

That is the difference and why one is less concerning and can be attributed to a possible oversight (is it actually an oversight? we don't know until the DOJ completes their investigation)

If you're trying to make a point I fail to see it. Unless your point is you're a brainwashed idiot.
Locked Previous topicNext topic