Unread post

Very well done:
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

That was well done. Thank you for posting!
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Deleted User 2088

Unread post

I'm going to continue trying to watch this but I haven't finished yet. These are my thoughts. . As a woman who is feminist and atheist, I very much like the message that a lot of religious doctrines put the onus on men, rather than women, for "sin" when it comes to a man's sexual desires.

As the wife of a deaf man, who is, herself, also experiencing hearing loss, it is not lost on me that people with hearing loss-or vision loss- are usually treated as less-than. But so far, in this scenario, vision-loss is being treated as the answer.

We're not a F***ing fetish. We aren't the solution to modern-day, religion-created problems.
Deleted User 2088

Unread post

7:30 in now.

This is not how the blind/deaf community would work.

They're essentially making fun of the fact that he can't see the graph. In the real world, the blind/deaf person would have either created the graph themselves (yes, they can do that..) or they would have an interpreter or some other accesibility function which would help them. And, if not, I would hope they wouldn't F***ing laugh at them. Is this how their society would react to a person who was blind since birth? Or only men who have chosen to wear this 'manchador'?
Deleted User 2088

Unread post

I finished watching it. There were some really beautiful parts. I can only say that our modern society views "disabilities" in very black and white terms. You can't use a "disability" for your advantages and then condemn it in other aspects at the same time. Again, we aren't your fetish, our abilities or disabilities aren't here to serve the greater good.
Locked Previous topicNext topic