What does this quote make you think? Agree or disagree?

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:38 pm
BobCobbMagob wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:39 pm Does it not?

If you were a criminal waiting around a corner to steal a purse, you see two women, one to the left and one to the right…one of them is wearing a sidearm and the other is not, which woman would you chose to grab the purse from?

cgd5112 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:33 pm In sexual assault cases, gait, posture, eye contact ( sweeping surroundings) usually does. In crimes of opportunity, no.

If I was an armed criminal willing to kill for a purse, I'd shoot the woman with the visible sidearm and take the purse rather than asking for it at gunpoint.
So if you were a petty thief, and you saw an armed women , you would become a murderer to get her purse?
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:27 pm
Carpy wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:20 pm
BobCobbMagob wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:14 pm

Lol no… you took a theft scenario , turned it into a mass shooter scenario and are now trying to say everyone who open carrys is a fool, regardless of their position, job or why they might be carrying openly.
I'm sorry, I missed you briefing on her life history. I simple stated if her gun was visible, she is a fool. I stand by that.
Did you not want to answer the actual question?

Weird spin.
I stated my opinion on open carry. I'm pretty damn worried about something else to play circle jerk.

Editing to add, if I were hellbent on getting a purse, I would use the element of surprise and get a gun too.
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:02 pm
BobCobbMagob wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:27 pm
Carpy wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:20 pm

I'm sorry, I missed you briefing on her life history. I simple stated if her gun was visible, she is a fool. I stand by that.
Did you not want to answer the actual question?

Weird spin.
I stated my opinion on open carry. I'm pretty damn worried about something else to play circle jerk.
Ok. I am sorry for whatever you’re going through.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:46 pm
BobCobbMagob wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:39 pm Does it not?

If you were a criminal waiting around a corner to steal a purse, you see two women, one to the left and one to the right…one of them is wearing a sidearm and the other is not, which woman would you chose to grab the purse from?

If I was an armed criminal willing to kill for a purse, I'd shoot the woman with the visible sidearm and take the purse rather than asking for it at gunpoint.
So if you were a petty thief, and you saw an armed women , you would become a murderer to get her purse?
I thought we were talking about open carry being a deterrent to rape and violent crime, not petty theft?

I'll try to answer the changing goalpost question.

If I was carrying a weapon to deter against petty theft, I "guess" I would choose to open carry.

If I was carrying a weapon to defend myself against possible violence perpetrated against me whether rape, robbery, or other assault, I would conceal carry.

I would assume that most people carry for the latter reason rather than the former reason.

Of course, I'm not a criminal so just postulating. Aren't you?
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:23 pm
Baconqueen13 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:11 pm Stupid, illogical, and greatly misinformed, but I wouldn't expect much from a crayon eater.
Grow up.
After you
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

OP, you come across as a loud mouth when it comes to self defense. People like you are those who have their weapons taken and used against them.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:09 pm
Carpy wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:23 pm
Baconqueen13 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:11 pm Stupid, illogical, and greatly misinformed, but I wouldn't expect much from a crayon eater.
Grow up.
After you
I'm not the one who called people names in a shallow attempt to feel better about myself.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SallyMae wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:24 pm I have been protected my entire life by police, judges and juries, and so are you, every single day that you don't have to fight for your life in a lawless land.
Not everyone has though. The stories of corrupt cops and judges continue.

This one from yesterday is particularly heinous. A former detective in Kansas City framed men for murder and used Black girls for rape and prostitution over a 35 year period.

“In 2017, Lamonte McIntyre, a Black man who spent 23 years in prison on a double murder conviction, was exonerated after his lawyers presented evidence that Golubski had set him up.
That case prompted federal authorities to launch a criminal investigation into his conduct on the force and, in September, the Justice Department charged Golubski, who retired as a police captain in 2010, with allegedly raping two Black women in the late 1990s and early 2000s. In November, a federal grand jury indicted Golubski on separate charges that he conspired with drug dealers and raped Black girls, ages 13 to 17, who were forced to work as prostitutes.”
One victim of Golubski was in middle school when Golubski contacted her in the late 1990s to falsely claim she was a witness in a case, prosecutors said. Once she agreed to meet him, Golubski threatened to harm her grandmother. Then, he sexually assaulted the girl, according to federal prosecutors.

Oak Grove Cemetery in Kansas City, Kan., was alleged to be a location where Golubski would assault women while he was working as a police detective.

Golubski raped S.K. at least 10 times over three years, according to prosecutors. On one occasion, he took her to a cemetery and “instructed her to find an area to dig her own grave.” On another, he forced her to crawl along a riverbank on a dog leash, prosecutors said.
This is all too common but forgotten quickly because it is poor people, maybe homeless, addicted to drugs. They don’t have the same experiences as most Americans
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:25 pm
mommy_jules wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:11 pm
BobCobbMagob wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:45 pm

What is rising? Gun ownership?
No, it isn’t, it’s declining.

If gun ownership amongst black women is rising, then great… but that would be a different statistic than gun ownership overall in America.
“The National Shooting Sports Foundation® (NSSF®), the firearm industry trade association, revealed that at least 5.4 million people purchased a firearm for the first time in 2021. Nearly 30 percent of all firearm purchases last year went to new gun owners, based on NSSF’s retailer surveys and adjusted National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) background checks.“

https://www.nssf.org/articles/nssf-reta ... s-in-2021/

“Gallup has tracked both metrics of gun ownership annually since 2007, showing no clear increase or decrease in gun ownership over that time.”

https://news.gallup.com/poll/264932/per ... -guns.aspx
Ok… now look up gun ownership rates in the 1950’s vs today.

According to Gallup polls, in 1993 51% of homes had a gun in it,
By the time we get to 1999, that number is down to 34%.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/179213/six ... safer.aspx
Carpy posted a claim that you seemed to disagree with. I just posted links that backed up what she claimed. If you want to make claims about gun ownership in the 1950s, you are more than welcome to post a link, or data, or article to back up those claims. I’m not chasing them down. I’m not doubting that there has been a decrease in over 70 years. A lot has changed in that time frame.
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:09 pm
BobCobbMagob wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:46 pm

I thought we were talking about open carry being a deterrent to rape and violent crime, not petty theft?

I'll try to answer the changing goalpost question.

If I was carrying a weapon to deter against petty theft, I "guess" I would choose to open carry.

If I was carrying a weapon to defend myself against possible violence perpetrated against me whether rape, robbery, or other assault, I would conceal carry.

I would assume that most people carry for the latter reason rather than the former reason.

Of course, I'm not a criminal so just postulating. Aren't you?
I think I would agree with you…

Being empowered doesn’t really have anything to do with open carry, that’s just where that offshoot of the conversation led, but I think empowering people to not become victims would include anything that makes them feel more comfortable. Conceal carry, open carry, no carry just self defense techniques…
Locked Previous topicNext topic