What do you think of a woman proposing to a man?

Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:42 am It screams desperate.
Because 'real' women are passive, and never directly ask for what they really want or communicate honestly? Because women are to blame for not being pretty or compliant enough, if the man they love doesn't ask their hand in marriage?
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:42 am It screams desperate. And any man I have ever dated would not have appreciated this type of thing. It's embarrassing. Real men still like to be traditional.
I was in a relationship that I felt was going nowhere. Like the guy didn’t want to live together (his family wouldn’t approve) and he also didn’t want to propose. It had been years we were dating. So I discussed it, he said no, and in the end we broke up. But I don’t regret it. Why spend years waiting for something the man may never do? I guess I’d rather die alone than feel I can’t say I want to marry you or move in together. If he doesn’t like it then he’s not the one.
Gorilla_Mama
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I think every relationship is different and if works for you guys that’s great. Neither of us technically proposed. Im sure there are women that would be bothered by that too. I’m the one who brought it up and expressed that it was time to marry or move on though. Dh said okay set a date and that was it.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

No different than a man proposing to a woman, or woman proposing to woman or man proposing to man. In any couple it doesn't really matter how they got engaged.
Deleted User 2088

Unread post

I don't see anything wrong with it, but... I can say that I was about to do it myself and I'm glad my husband beat me to it.
Locked Previous topicNext topic