What does this quote make you think? Agree or disagree?

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Oh goody. So those of us who don’t want to be victims of a deranged psycho should just learn to be scarier? So it’s our fault if we fail to do that?
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Seriously? It’s the victim’s fault because they weren’t “scary enough”?
Carpy wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:12 pmAgree
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:35 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:26 pm
BobCobbMagob wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:13 pm

It’s horrible to think about.

But there are people killed by others every day.

For them, it’s real..:
It's not a way I choose to live my life or an environment I choose to raise my children. If others wish to, go for it. But if a visiting niece or nephew finds you gun and shoots someone, I blame you. If your son or daughter has a mental break and uses your gun in a rampage, I blame you. If you mistake your husband for a burgler, it's on you. And if my son mistakes your backdoor for his and you shoot him, I will follow you to the gates of hell.
I don’t think any of the murder victims chose it… it’s just what happened.

This quote would be a way to combat the perpetrators who would create victims.

Probably not helpful to say if the guy that’s about to rape you shows up, be more scared of me and what I might think of you… it just sounds scarier. But then the victim is scared of two people and doesn’t save their own life when they could of because they fear social reproach.
You asked a question and I answered it. Again, that is not a way I choose to live my life. If you choose differently, good for you.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

AZOldCoot wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:01 pm Honestly, he's not wrong IMO.

However, there are mass shooters who were looking for "suicide by cop," and were not in the right frame of mind at the time of their rampage.

Yet what are victims supposed to do? Wait around until the police show up or crisis support?
We think of mass shootings but they are a tiny amount compared to gun murders in domestic violence cases. Even in mass shootings the shooter sometimes starts his murder spree with a family member. Women are much more likely to be murdered in their own home or workplace than anywhere else.

https://jaapl.org/content/early/2020/02 ... .003929-20
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:02 pm Kill or be killed. Lovely.

For them, it’s real..:
You do understand that most people killed are usually killed by someone they know ?
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:37 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:02 pm Kill or be killed. Lovely.

For them, it’s real..:
You do understand that most people killed are usually killed by someone they know ?
Most murderers are the lovers.

Should that make them more comfortable to kill?
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:59 pm
Lemons wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:37 pm

For them, it’s real..:
Most murderers are the lovers.

Should that make them more comfortable to kill?
Learning to make your family and friends fear you doesn’t make sense. The best way to not be a victim is to insist no guns in the house. There will still be domestic violence but not nearly as much.
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:34 pm

However, there are mass shooters who were looking for "suicide by cop," and were not in the right frame of mind at the time of their rampage.

Yet what are victims supposed to do? Wait around until the police show up or crisis support?
We think of mass shootings but they are a tiny amount compared to gun murders in domestic violence cases. Even in mass shootings the shooter sometimes starts his murder spree with a family member. Women are much more likely to be murdered in their own home or workplace than anywhere else.

So IYO, what should those victims of DV do or should have done to help prevent (or could have prevented) becoming the victims in the first place?

Again, the police or even crisis intervention could take too long to get to them, depending on where they live.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

AZOldCoot wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:53 pm
Lemons wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:34 pm

So IYO, what should those victims of DV do or should have done to help prevent (or could have prevented) becoming the victims in the first place?

Again, the police or even crisis intervention could take too long to get to them, depending on where they live.
You will never make everyone completely safe from violence. But crisis intervention can and does play a large role in getting family members out of an abusive house and protected from abusers. Perhaps we need more funding, education and outreach.

If you follow the quote, you would need to arm every child to protect them from abusive parents, and then expect the child to shoot their parent. Not a model I want to pursue.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I disagree. It’s an illogical statement. If the felon isn’t afraid of the police and their guns, they aren’t going to be afraid of the victim’s firearm either.
Locked Previous topicNext topic