Cute, or unacceptable?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

This is a four year old video from this child's YouTube channel. She's cute and precocious and hopefully has found another creative outlet. She's been off Youtube for 2 years.
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:27 pm This is a four year old video from this child's YouTube channel. She's cute and precocious and hopefully has found another creative outlet. She's been off Youtube for 2 years.
Really??? Wow. It’s all over Facebook right now like it’s a new video.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:39 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:27 pm This is a four year old video from this child's YouTube channel. She's cute and precocious and hopefully has found another creative outlet. She's been off Youtube for 2 years.
Really??? Wow. It’s all over Facebook right now like it’s a new video.
If you click on "YouTube" icon at the bottom of the screen, it takes you directly to the YouTube channel where it was originally posted.

I guess it just depends on who you follow whether or not it's "all over Facebook".
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

4 year old children don't sign up for youtube on their own. Parents or guardians are the ones responsible
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:00 pm
4 year old children don't sign up for youtube on their own. Parents or guardians are the ones responsible
I mean we could say the same thing about child actors. They perform and then one day someone’s suing their family for mismanaging funds. I don’t particularly like when parents put their kids on YouTube but I don’t think it should be illegal either. Unless the content is extremely inappropriate. Violent, etc.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

She’s cute, but I would not encourage that behavior.

My daughter was quite precocious at that age, we would redirect that type of attitude and language.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:20 pm
Pjmm wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:10 pm
Baconqueen13 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:13 pm I always think it's unacceptable to exploit children in social media posts whether you are the parent of the child or not.
I’ve put my kids videos on Facebook although it’s of them playing Not this. Otherwise I’d tell the girl sit down and walk away. Teacher is only encouraging the girl to argue.
Is your Facebook page public or monetized or is it private and just for friends and family? My bet is private.
Seeing as the youtube page has a subscription button that tells me they are exploiting the child for monetary gain.
One of this recent season’s contestants on DWTS was Charli D’Amelio. In one of the episodes she was talking about how severe her anxiety became. She was focused more on getting professional help and mental health awareness BUT her anxiety developed after she started doing TikTok and escalated as her following escalated. Now call me crazy but the whole time she was talking all I kept thinking was “why didn’t her parents say ok, enough, this is negatively effecting your health instead of, not only, encouraging her to continue but also expanding into reality tv. To me it seems like a pretty big parenting fail.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:16 am She’s cute, but I would not encourage that behavior.

My daughter was quite precocious at that age, we would redirect that type of attitude and language.
She is cute, but the behavior is not. What’s worse is at some point the parents aren’t going to think the behavior is cute anymore and she’s going to be very confused on why she’s in trouble for doing what she was encouraged to do. Maybe that’s why there isn’t anything more recent…which kudos to them for realizing they were making a mistake and correcting it if that’s the case.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Quorra2.0 wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:24 am

I’ve put my kids videos on Facebook although it’s of them playing Not this. Otherwise I’d tell the girl sit down and walk away. Teacher is only encouraging the girl to argue.
Is your Facebook page public or monetized or is it private and just for friends and family? My bet is private.
Seeing as the youtube page has a subscription button that tells me they are exploiting the child for monetary gain.
One of this recent season’s contestants on DWTS was Charli D’Amelio. In one of the episodes she was talking about how severe her anxiety became. She was focused more on getting professional help and mental health awareness BUT her anxiety developed after she started doing TikTok and escalated as her following escalated. Now call me crazy but the whole time she was talking all I kept thinking was “why didn’t her parents say ok, enough, this is negatively effecting your health instead of, not only, encouraging her to continue but also expanding into reality tv. To me it seems like a pretty big parenting fail.

💰💰💰💸💸💸
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:13 pm I always think it's unacceptable to exploit children in social media posts whether you are the parent of the child or not.
1- every single video on youtube has a subscribe button.
2- putting up a video does not mean that the channel receives ad money. A channel with a whole 5 videos is not getting rich off their child youtube star.
Locked Previous topicNext topic