5 people are killed, at least 18 injured in a shooting at a gay nightclub in Colorado Springs

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

CNN

Five people were killed Saturday night at a gay nightclub in Colorado Springs, Colorado, according to police. Another 18 people were injured in the mass shooting at Club Q.

Authorities received “numerous” 911 calls starting at 11:57 p.m. and responded to the scene, said Colorado Springs Police Lt. Pamela Castro.

“They did locate one individual who we believe to be the suspect inside,” said Castro. “At this point in time, the suspect is being treated, but is in custody.”

Castro did not clarify whether the suspect was included in the count of people who were injured in the shooting."

https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/20/us/color ... index.html
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Again?
I don’t get it. Whatever you believe these people are bothering no one, are hurting no one anymore than heterosexuals might each other in a relationship. They want nothing more than to be able to pursue happiness as the constitution allows for everyone. Want to kill someone go join the Ukraine army because this is ridiculous.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Incredibly sad and totally predictable.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

No word on the four college kids brutally stabbed to death?

This is an example of why I don’t do crowds.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:16 am Again?
I don’t get it. Whatever you believe these people are bothering no one, are hurting no one anymore than heterosexuals might each other in a relationship. They want nothing more than to be able to pursue happiness as the constitution allows for everyone. Want to kill someone go join the Ukraine army because this is ridiculous.
Although odds are in favor of the killer being a homophob we don’t yet know.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:16 am No word on the four college kids brutally stabbed to death?

What does the Idaho stabbing deaths have to do with this shooting?
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:14 am Incredibly sad and totally predictable.
No. It wasn't.

As much as people want to make this into a gun issue, its a monstrous murderer issue.

just like if someone makes a bomb out of what they read in the anarchists cookbook, or stabs five people to death in their sleep... its not the book's fault people died, its not the knife maker's fault they died... its the one who sought to kill people.

I don't know why the murderers always get an immediate pass when it comes to culpability... As though seeing guns just hypnotized them into killing people and they were just victims of the gun too.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:16 am No word on the four college kids brutally stabbed to death?

I'm not sure I understand your question.

I don't do crowds either. Hell, I don't do people.
306/232

WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:31 am
WellPreserved wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:14 am Incredibly sad and totally predictable.
No. It wasn't.

As much as people want to make this into a gun issue, its a monstrous murderer issue.

just like if someone makes a bomb out of what they read in the anarchists cookbook, or stabs five people to death in their sleep... its not the book's fault people died, its not the knife maker's fault they died... its the one who sought to kill people.

I don't know why the murderers always get an immediate pass when it comes to culpability... As though seeing guns just hypnotized them into killing people and they were just victims of the gun too.
I wasn't talking about the guns. LGBTQ groups have been warning that the increased rhetoric against the LGBTQ community will result in an increase in violence against that community just like the rise in anti-semitic language has resulted in an increase of hate crimes against that community.

If you want to argue that this is a gun issue, go for it.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:50 am
BobCobbMagob wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:31 am
No. It wasn't.

I wasn't talking about the guns. LGBTQ groups have been warning that the increased rhetoric against the LGBTQ community will result in an increase in violence against that community just like the rise in anti-semitic language has resulted in an increase of hate crimes against that community.

If you want to argue that this is a gun issue, go for it.
She doesn't read people very well.
306/232

Locked Previous topicNext topic