Omg so this happened

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I heard of people getting reported to thier work because of a Facebook post. I never thought it would happen to me...... it did.
My manager called me in to her office. I was reported for racism. Because I said "After last years half time show Rihanna is a let down"
Well someone reported me for rasicm to my job. I was called into a meeting with my direct supervisor, my office manager and her boss. They showed me the complaint.
It said ME showed rasicm online by commenting that she was not happy with the half time show announcement. This makes me second guess my care at your facility and if I would be cared for. Please consider this complaint with her employment.
My manager does not think what I said was racist. I showed them my Playlist that is all hip Ihop and rnb. I showed them the guys I am dating. But because my job has a 0 policy I am suspended for 3 days.
Ugh this is ridiculous. I am already job searching even though they said I would probably be fine.
Heyteacher
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I’m so sorry. I had that happen to me. I ranted about a student who wasn’t even mine who spit on me. Used no names and don’t disclose the district I work for. Yet the coworker thought I was “out of line”. Ugh.

Remove and block worked wonders there!
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

People are dumb. I once got a complaint because the prices were too high. Umm for one it's a drugstore. Prices are going to be high. And two I don't set the prices lol.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

You deserve it. Don't run your mouth on social media when it's against company policy.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I find that completely odd. You can’t say you don’t care for an entertainer anymore? I don’t understand how your employer turned that into racism.

Anyway, be careful what you post.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:43 pm You deserve it. Don't run your mouth on social media when it's against company policy.
I can understand if she broke HIPAA, dissed her boss, clients, or gave away trade secrets. Or she said racist things about POC. But she literally talked about some pop singer. I’ve heard far worse things from coworkers on the job. Misogynistic and racist things. Being disappointed in Rihanna’s super bowl performance is not even racist and who cares? Is she a client of the place? Then Rihanna doesn’t even care probably. I mean what’s next? I can’t criticize Kamala for her politics?
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:58 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:43 pm You deserve it. Don't run your mouth on social media when it's against company policy.
I can understand if she broke HIPAA, dissed her boss, clients, or gave away trade secrets. Or she said racist things about POC. But she literally talked about some pop singer. I’ve heard far worse things from coworkers on the job. Misogynistic and racist things. Being disappointed in Rihanna’s super bowl performance is not even racist and who cares? Is she a client of the place? Then Rihanna doesn’t even care probably. I mean what’s next? I can’t criticize Kamala for her politics?
Breaking policy is breaking policy. It doesn't matter what she was talking about. It doesn't matter if it was racist or not. She knows the policy and went against it anyway. Many companies in healthcare have very strict policies on social media.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:01 pm
Pjmm wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:58 pm
Breaking policy is breaking policy. It doesn't matter what she was talking about. It doesn't matter if it was racist or not. She knows the policy and went against it anyway. Many companies in healthcare have very strict policies on social media.
We don’t know if there is a policy. My boss doesn’t have one mainly because it wouldn’t occur to him. Long as I don’t do the above things I mentioned he couldn’t care less about me criticizing some singer. He’d probably tell the complainer I didn’t like her performance either. I mean if Op was representing the company and tweeted we think Rihanna is terrible sure by all means. My boss complained about a Facebook page I once tried to do for our company so I changed it. I get that sort of thing. But posting on her personal page about Rihanna just seems weird to me. In the future I’d make everything private, limit what clients see, and that would be that. And unfriend coworkers.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Inmybizz wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:51 pm I find that completely odd. You can’t say you don’t care for an entertainer anymore? I don’t understand how your employer turned that into racism.

Anyway, be careful what you post.
I don't think the employer sees it as racist. I think a client saw it as racist and the client reported it to the employer. And now the employer has to go through proper procedures to appease the client.

That's how I read it anyway.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Heyteacher wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:13 pm I’m so sorry. I had that happen to me. I ranted about a student who wasn’t even mine who spit on me. Used no names and don’t disclose the district I work for. Yet the coworker thought I was “out of line”. Ugh.

Remove and block worked wonders there!
That's crazy. I am not sure who reported me. I made the comment on a local radio station's post.
Locked Previous topicNext topic