Are you against unisex dressing rooms in stores?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

What if 2 separate men slid open the curtain and looked in at you changing? A woman says this happened to her in a Primark store. Not that you would want a woman peeping at you either, but to me it is scarier and more embarrassing when a man is doing it. If a changing room wants to be unisex the rooms should have locking doors on them .

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/arti ... QAYgCL8umA
Anonymous 2

Unread post

If the doors locked and didn't have gaps I'd be ok with it
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

While I don't use dressing or changing rooms, I would not be comfortable with this, and I don't see the need for it.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

AZOldCoot wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:39 pm While I don't use dressing or changing rooms, I would not be comfortable with this, and I don't see the need for it.
Well the *need* for it is to make it inclusive for everyone. That's the idea behind it. To make trans and non binary people feel welcome.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

No. Not at all.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

In stores that sell both men’s and women’s clothing it is all we have. I however have never seen a curtain in a change room forever. I don’t even think twice of it.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:45 pm No. Not at all.
So you don't mind if men move the curtain and peek at you?
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I only use changing rooms with locking doors regardless. I don't want anyone seeing me.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:49 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:45 pm No. Not at all.
So you don't mind if men move the curtain and peek at you?
No

ETA: I should clarify. I haven't shopped in a store that had separated by S*x dressing rooms since I was a teen. Most stores where I shop have unisex dressing stalls with lockable doors. Most small boutiques where I shop have one unisex dressing room with a curtain. If someone, regardless of S*x, were purposefully pulling the curtain to "take a peek", I would be annoyed but while I've experienced some uh-oh, never an intentional peek. Uh-ohs don't annoy me.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:42 pm
AZOldCoot wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:39 pm While I don't use dressing or changing rooms, I would not be comfortable with this, and I don't see the need for it.
Well the *need* for it is to make it inclusive for everyone. That's the idea behind it. To make trans and non binary people feel welcome.
I can respect that though again, it's just a personal thing for me when it comes to my privacy.

FWIW, I rarely use public bathrooms either, unisex or not.
Locked Previous topicNext topic