He's mad because I'm refusing to take plan b

Anonymous 3

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:42 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:25 am
Baconqueen13 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:20 am Why didn't you have an IUD placed before having sexual intercourse, especially knowing you can't take hormonal birth control?
We have used condoms for 5 years now with no problem and no scares.
That doesn't answer the question.
Yes it does.
SisterSomeone
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:20 am Why didn't you have an IUD placed before having sexual intercourse, especially knowing you can't take hormonal birth control?
But it did. Using condoms was their chosen method of contraception. Since that method was working fine for them for years, why would she undergo an outrageously painful procedure to get another one?
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Outrageously painful procedure??? We're talking IUD placement, not amputation. Outrageously painful. Please. It's done in the office and takes no more than 5 minutes once the uterine depth is determined.

Let me guess, you find pap smears to be horrific too?
SisterSomeone wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:10 am

But it did. Using condoms was their chosen method of contraception. Since that method was working fine for them for years, why would she undergo an outrageously painful procedure to get another one?
SoFloMom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:16 am Outrageously painful procedure??? We're talking IUD placement, not amputation. Outrageously painful. Please. It's done in the office and takes no more than 5 minutes once the uterine depth is determined.

I’m sure you are old enough to realize that every body is different. Please.
Common side effects of IUD insertion are extreme cramping and bleeding.
Let me guess, you assume everyone has the same experiences and pain threshold as you?
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:16 am Outrageously painful procedure??? We're talking IUD placement, not amputation. Outrageously painful. Please. It's done in the office and takes no more than 5 minutes once the uterine depth is determined.

For me having a pap smear is just fine but when I had my IUD put in three different times I almost passed out because of the pain. So just because you can handle the pain doesn't mean that everyone else has to have the same pain tolerance level that you do. There have been countless stories of women having extremely painful IUD placements. And it really doesn't matter how long it takes It still can be extremely painful for some women.

Btw i pushed out babies without an epidural so i know what my pain tolerance is.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Exactly my point. Poster should have realized not everyone has an “outrageously painful procedure”

I removed mine in the shower. A friend of mine had a different experience at her doctors having hers removed. I however wouldn’t categorize either as the “norm”

SoFloMom wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:04 am

I’m sure you are old enough to realize that every body is different. Please.
Common side effects of IUD insertion are extreme cramping and bleeding.
Let me guess, you assume everyone has the same experiences and pain threshold as you?
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anyone engaging in sexual behavior where a child is not wanted should be protecting themselves adequately from unwanted birth control. Condoms are not adequate protection from unwanted pregnancies and an IUD is NOT a plan b in case the condom breaks. She should have had an IUD placed before becoming sexually active AND used condoms.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:29 am

Anyone engaging in sexual behavior where a child is not wanted should be protecting themselves adequately from unwanted birth control. Condoms are not adequate protection from unwanted pregnancies and an IUD is NOT a plan b in case the condom breaks. She should have had an IUD placed before becoming sexually active AND used condoms.
Copper IUDs are actually used as a "plan b" and work in a similar way as taking plan b without the hormones. Please educate yourself.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

SoFloMom wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:34 pm I hope it all works out the way you want it to.
Thank you
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Yes it does.
Locked Previous topicNext topic