Is this trans teacher dressed appropriately?

Deleted User 1977

Unread post

The issue isn't that she is trans but obviously her clothing choices, which makes me wonder what point she could be trying to prove?
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I have a hard time believing those pictures are real. Having said that, trans is the least of the issues. It’s not even an issue. That’s so inappropriate regardless.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Gorilla_Mama
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Inappropriate regardless of being trans or not
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:01 pm
Pjmm wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:51 pm
highlandmum wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:37 pm
No the teacher is not dressed appropriately. On a side they are prosthetic breasts

Also she is not abiding by provincial regulation as her hair is not tied back, the health and safety person in me kicked in right away and this was actually the first thing I saw.
I used to fit mastectomy items and those the biggest prosthetics I’ve ever seen. 😀 I thought they were implants and were like wtf. As far as tying back hair I do sometimes if I’m cooking. But teachers can leave their hair down. The shorts wouldn’t fly though. I only have boys but I’m pretty sure in the student handbook one can’t have see through shirts and teachers have to look professional.
In shop if you had long hair it had to be tied back. Schools still fall under labour board rules

It's possible that picture is photoshopped. But never mind that hair. How does anyone work a bandsaw or a drill press with those prosthetics?
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:18 pm I have a hard time believing those pictures are real. Having said that, trans is the least of the issues. It’s not even an issue. That’s so inappropriate regardless.
It is real
In a recent letter to parents, Oakville Trafalgar confirmed the video’s authenticity, but implied that it’s illegal to even suggest that the garb may be inappropriate, equating the teacher’s controversial decision to wear oversized prosthetic breasts with the right to identify as transgender.
“Gender identity and gender expression are protected grounds under the Ontario Human Rights Code,” it read. “We would like to take this opportunity to reiterate to our community that we are committed to establishing and maintaining a safe, caring, inclusive, equitable and welcoming learning and working environment for all students and staff.”
https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/on ... s-in-class
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:45 am
highlandmum wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:01 pm
Pjmm wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:51 pm

I used to fit mastectomy items and those the biggest prosthetics I’ve ever seen. 😀 I thought they were implants and were like wtf. As far as tying back hair I do sometimes if I’m cooking. But teachers can leave their hair down. The shorts wouldn’t fly though. I only have boys but I’m pretty sure in the student handbook one can’t have see through shirts and teachers have to look professional.
In shop if you had long hair it had to be tied back. Schools still fall under labour board rules

It's possible that picture is photoshopped. But never mind that hair. How does anyone work a bandsaw or a drill press with those prosthetics?
Nope, it is real.
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

The issue has nothing to do with the teacher being Transgender. It has to do with the clothing she chooses to wear.

No, she is not dressed appropriately and the school board is dealing with the clothing issue (and hopefully the hair issue because that is really not safe).

It seems that the first posts made regarding this teacher were made by students pointing out that her name is Mr. Hannah so the school board also needs to do some educating around transphobia in the student body as well.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:10 am
Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:18 pm I have a hard time believing those pictures are real. Having said that, trans is the least of the issues. It’s not even an issue. That’s so inappropriate regardless.
It is real
In a recent letter to parents, Oakville Trafalgar confirmed the video’s authenticity, but implied that it’s illegal to even suggest that the garb may be inappropriate, equating the teacher’s controversial decision to wear oversized prosthetic breasts with the right to identify as transgender.
“Gender identity and gender expression are protected grounds under the Ontario Human Rights Code,” it read. “We would like to take this opportunity to reiterate to our community that we are committed to establishing and maintaining a safe, caring, inclusive, equitable and welcoming learning and working environment for all students and staff.”
Dude then my kid better be able to wear whatever the hell they want. After all, short-shorts, tight dresses, and spaghetti straps are expressions of gender identity. I'd even show up at the next PTA in the most outlandish outfit I could just because I can. Those damned prosthetics are a hazard around heavy equipment. I'm all for expression but give it a rest.
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:51 pm
It is real
Dude then my kid better be able to wear whatever the hell they want. After all, short-shorts, tight dresses, and spaghetti straps are expressions of gender identity. I'd even show up at the next PTA in the most outlandish outfit I could just because I can. Those damned prosthetics are a hazard around heavy equipment. I'm all for expression but give it a rest.
No, those are clothes (and most schools in Ontario have gotten rid of the dress codes that ban clothing like that anyway so, guess what...if your kid lived here they could wear those clothes to school)

Prosthetic breasts ARE expressions of gender identity. If it were a biological female with breasts like that (they do exist) would you be proclaiming that she isn't allowed around heavy equipment because her breasts are a safety hazard? What about men with huge beer guts...are they allowed around heavy equipment? From a safety perspective the hair is the biggest issue.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

PoplarGrove wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:55 pm
Pjmm wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:51 pm

It is real

No, those are clothes (and most schools in Ontario have gotten rid of the dress codes that ban clothing like that anyway so, guess what...if your kid lived here they could wear those clothes to school)

Prosthetic breasts ARE expressions of gender identity. If it were a biological female with breasts like that (they do exist) would you be proclaiming that she isn't allowed around heavy equipment because her breasts are a safety hazard? What about men with huge beer guts...are they allowed around heavy equipment? From a safety perspective the hair is the biggest issue.
If a woman had breasts like that yes I'd be concerned. It isn't impossible but it seems difficult for her to use a bandsaw or table saw. A beer belly in my opinion wouldn't impede him using a saw. If I'm mistaken and she can safely use one, fine. I'd also argue most women with such natural breasts would call that a disability due to back and shoulder pain. They would get a reduction. In this case those aren't her natural breasts. They're prosthetics and as far as I'm concerned, inappropriate for the classroom and for shop. Along with the hair and clothes. I don't care about the transgender issue.
Locked Previous topicNext topic