New York’s lawsuit against Trump is yet further proof that he’s a loser

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

"Since this is a civil suit, James need only prove her case by a preponderance of the evidence. Trump’s decision to invoke the Fifth Amendment more than 400 times during a court-ordered deposition with James last month can also be used against him. The suit effectively points a dagger at the entire Trump operation, putting at risk the thing that he holds most dear: his wealth. James has also made a referral to the Internal Revenue Service and the U.S. attorney of the Southern District of New York."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... mes-loser/
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

This is going nowhere.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:21 pm This is going nowhere.
Why do you feel that way? I'm not saying you are wrong or right but just want to know your thinking.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:49 pm
Why do you feel that way? I'm not saying you are wrong or right but just want to know your thinking.
There was no crime, nobody suffered a loss. Loans in her claims are paid in full, valuatation isn't granted simply on a borrowers word. She is going to end up looking like a complete fool.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:45 pm
There was no crime, nobody suffered a loss. Loans in her claims are paid in full, valuatation isn't granted simply on a borrowers word. She is going to end up looking like a complete fool.
I read the 220+ page lawsuit and it's kind of WOW. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Two years of gathering evidence, that was a long time. It has been coming since Trump’s lawyer, Michael Cohen,, testified and had the proof of bank fraud and tax fraud.

The CFO of Trump Org, Weisselberg, is going to jail after pleading guilty to 15 federal charges of various fraud and he will be testifying on the fraud going on at the Trump organization.

I guess Trump thinks he’ll get away with it all after he “refused to incriminate” himself when asked routine questions about his company. Like the mob boss he wishes he was.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-sho ... d_ms_tw_ma

I guess it's "good" that he's paid someone?
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

A loser and a crook.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:24 pm https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-sho ... d_ms_tw_ma

I guess it's "good" that he's paid someone?
Maddow?
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:45 pm
Not that I care about banks but say he defaulted. Or insurance companies had to pay out on a claim on Mar a Lago which was way over inflated. Who’s going to end up absorbing the cost? The insurance companies will pass it down by raising rates for their other customers. And homeowners in Florida are already crying. We already have a problem with insurance companies going under or leaving without Trump maybe making it worse. I’m perfectly fine with NY making sure Trump didn’t commit fraud. If he didn’t fine. If he did I want to know about it. Especially given he was the former president.
Locked Previous topicNext topic