Where is all the water going?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

There are huge droughts everywhere in the world right now. Where is all the water going?
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Probably being evaporated by intense heat, forming rain clouds and flooding other areas. I'm no scientist but I assume that's the problem. Not to mention places like California and South Florida aren't ecologically able to handle the population they have. Also, sea rise has the potential to flood the aqueducts underground, making water undrinkable. Parts of Florida are thinking about that right now.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Saudi Arabia.

Sorry a little salty that my state is massively cutting agricultural water usage but exempting the 15 sq mile Saudi owned farm which is growing alfalfa, a high water consuming crop.

In general, water evaporates, clouds fill heavily with the condensation, then rain/snow/sleet returns it. However, with the current climate conditions, the condensation has been evaporating too quickly before it barely “leaves” the clouds, so never making it to the land or our water ways.
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Don't the saudis own some property rights in AZ? With the current drought, AZ may have to pay the Saudis for water ..?

Quorra2.0 wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:20 pm Saudi Arabia.

Sorry a little salty that my state is massively cutting agricultural water usage but exempting the 15 sq mile Saudi owned farm which is growing alfalfa, a high water consuming crop.

In general, water evaporates, clouds fill heavily with the condensation, then rain/snow/sleet returns it. However, with the current climate conditions, the condensation has been evaporating too quickly before it barely “leaves” the clouds, so never making it to the land or our water ways.
mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Parts of Texas are under water thanks to heavy rain following very dry summer. Flash floods are no joke y'all.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

My area, after having a very long drought period, we have been having a very wet monsoon season. For several weeks, it seemed like phones were blowing up multiple times a day with flash flood watches and warnings. So it all comes back eventually. I mean, I don't think water ever leaves the atmosphere and goes into space, so it's all here somewhere. The only question is where and in what form.

My area gets it's water from the Colorado River. We are downstream from Lake Mead which is super low. I'm hoping this monsoon season is helping somewhat but still they are talking about water cutbacks starting in 2023. There is talk of cutting back 20 - 30% of what is allocated. The nice thing is that apparently my city at the moment only uses 50% of what's currently allocated to us so the cutback shouldn't affect us much. It will affect the farmers the most.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

And they own water rights in California. They use obscene amounts of US water on US soil to grow alfalfa to feed their cows. And when I say their cows, I mean the royal family cows.

Who allowed this and why aren’t there laws to protect American land for the people living here.

cgd5112 wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:24 pm Don't the saudis own some property rights in AZ? With the current drought, AZ may have to pay the Saudis for water ..?

Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

No they lease the land from Arizona’s state land trust. The water belongs to the state, not the Saudis. It’s a bit complicated. Fondomonte Is technically in violation of the terms of the lease and now this company is paying 1/6th what it should be paying by lease terms in addition to an unknown amount of water usage as they have refused to disclose and have not paid for. It is puzzling a lot of people why more action isn’t being taken over this especially since we are in a drought. My rights, the state can auction the water from any and all of the 15 wells on the land to other entities or use it for state needs.
cgd5112 wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:24 pm Don't the saudis own some property rights in AZ? With the current drought, AZ may have to pay the Saudis for water ..?

Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

When did that begin?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I'm in southern Europe, and it isn't that the water is "going" anywhere, it's just that we haven't had enough rainfall for several years to make up the deficit. Right now, it's forbidden to water your garden (regardless of the origin of the water), fill your pool or wash your car at home. Add to that the massive consumption of water required for the current forest fires and it's not really a mystery as to why there's a shortage.
Locked Previous topicNext topic